Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com QB index ranked Foles at 19th ranked signal caller week 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's hope it improves throughout the season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...imous-no-1

[Image: FOL058566.png%3Acover()&w=120&h=120]
Nick Foles
[Image: JAC.png]
QB
Jaguars

Individual rank: AB (19) | TB (19) | GF (22) | DP (16)

2018 stats: 5 games | 72.3 pct | 1,413 pass yds | 7.2 ypa | 7 pass TD | 4 INT

Filice: The Blake Bortles era in Jacksonville produced a half-decade of ghastly offensive football. Since 2014, when this franchise surprised everyone by taking Bortles third overall, the Jaguars rank near the bottom of the league in points per game (28th), yards per game (28th), passing yards per game (25th) and turnovers (29th). Thus explains the four-year, $88 million stab on Foles. Can the 30-year-old QB and his new/old coach John DeFilippo recreate the Super Bowl magic they made in Philly?
It is an unknown until he proves otherwise. I’m hoping for the Super Bowl MVP. But, there is always the possibility he’ll be mediocre. I for one, feel more confident with Foles than Bortles. I say this season will ride on two things. Foles play and if the D can be in 2017 form. If both play well, then we’ll see what happens.
Hopefully he is better, but we could win with him being average. I mean, Trent Dilfer won the superbowl, Rex Grossman got to the superbowl, and we got to the AFC championship with Bortles. I'm more hoping Josh Allen puts us over the top as a defense for a repeat of 2017 (besides losing to the pats).
I think he'll move up a few spots if the line stays healthy and jells fairly quickly.

Big if.
(09-05-2019, 06:22 PM)jaguarista Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully he is better, but we could win with him being average. I mean, Trent Dilfer won the superbowl, Rex Grossman got to the superbowl, and we got to the AFC championship with Bortles. I'm more hoping Josh Allen puts us over the top as a defense for a repeat of 2017 (besides losing to the pats).

[BLEEP] the pats

(09-05-2019, 06:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think he'll move up a few spots if the line stays healthy and jells fairly quickly.

Big if.

Why do you think that is a “big” if?
Realistically, Foles should be ranked somewhere between 9 and 11. At least 8 guys ahead of him aren't as good or haven't done anything in the league yet. The rankings should be based on what is, not on perceived potential.
(09-05-2019, 06:35 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2019, 06:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think he'll move up a few spots if the line stays healthy and jells fairly quickly.

Big if.

Why do you think that is a “big” if?

Cam is coming of a major injury. The backups behind him at Tackle are big drop-offs in talent and there are too few of them. 
RT is a rookie that we didn't see much of in the preseason. He will have his share of rookie mistakes. 
The starting line as a whole has worked very few live snaps together.
I want to see nick foles with the 2019 defense not the 2017 as we have josh allen in 2019 instead of Fowler.

Foles as long as we stay healthy should be a 1-15 qb.

Go jags.
19 is one of the higher ranks you'll see too.
I personally think Foles will be better than 19th, but even if Foles is only 19th, if he’s consistent, that’ll still be a lot better than Bortles, who occasionally would reach that level, but often fall out of the top 50.
19th might be all we need.
I
Until we see what happens on Sunday, given what little we saw in the preseason, 19 seems kinda fair.

I'm hoping he's a lot better than that though
I thought he was overrated from the very start. I'm hoping that I was wrong.