Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "The Other Guys"...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took a trip over to the Colt's forums.. as Jags fans we are frequently in the dumps. But today... nay this whole 2 weeks should be an exception. Colts fans saying they have the worst team in the NFL is a very fun thing to see(albeit eerily similar to our discussions this week). At least the Jags have that going for them.. we're not the worst... for now.

I called it all off season, tried telling my buds that they would be terrible. They lack talent on every side of the ball, and it gets worse every year.

Still almost lost though, we need to get better fast.
Breaks my heart.

They cried to Suck for Luck

Now they Suck with Luck.
They show you what happens when you have two franchise QBs without rebuilding.  They blew it with their cap and tried to milk out another super bowl. As opposed to us sucking forever. Our cupboard is more stocked. I hope they stay at the bottom.

We just have to take care of business now. Gotta get a win streak going.
They have a much different problem than we do. We have a lot of talented players via the draft. We just have poor coaching and play calling. The Colts on the other hand lack talent. Ryan Grigson is by far, the worst GM in the NFL and a terrible talent scout. They have ignored the offensive line, RB and the entire defense for so long, that it seems like Andrew Luck has to carry the entire team on his back. I would not want to coach there. You need to rebuild the defense, find a couple of decent OT's and a runner capable of breaking the century mark every once in a while. They have a long way to go. 

Quote:They have a much different problem than we do. We have a lot of talented players via the draft. We just have poor coaching and play calling. The Colts on the other hand lack talent. Ryan Grigson is by far, the worst GM in the NFL and a terrible talent scout. They have ignored the offensive line, RB and the entire defense for so long, that it seems like Andrew Luck has to carry the entire team on his back. I would not want to coach there. You need to rebuild the defense, find a couple of decent OT's and a runner capable of breaking the century mark every once in a while. They have a long way to go
Yeah that sums it up. 
Couldn't happen to nicer fans. I weep in empathy...
Quote:They have a much different problem than we do. We have a lot of talented players via the draft. We just have poor coaching and play calling. The Colts on the other hand lack talent. Ryan Grigson is by far, the worst GM in the NFL and a terrible talent scout. They have ignored the offensive line, RB and the entire defense for so long, that it seems like Andrew Luck has to carry the entire team on his back. I would not want to coach there. You need to rebuild the defense, find a couple of decent OT's and a runner capable of breaking the century mark every once in a while. They have a long way to go.

Well, they haven't ignored O-line and RB per se. They Did draft Castonzo,and traded for Trent Richardson. But as you saw today, Castonzo sucks, Richardson sucked, they never replaced Freeney and Mathis, bypassed a stud NT two drafts ago, and Allen is playing poorly.

They certainly deserve to suck with Luck.
Quote:Well, they haven't ignored O-line and RB per se. They Did draft Castonzo,and traded for Trent Richardson. But as you saw today, Castonzo sucks, Richardson sucked, they never replaced Freeney and Mathis, bypassed a stud NT two drafts ago, and Allen is playing poorly.

They certainly deserve to suck with Luck.

Yes, they did draft Costanzo, but that was quite a while ago. It seems as though they only take finesse blockers who struggle with bull rushers, then they wonder why Luck is always getting hit and they can't open running lanes. Since drafting Costanzo and seeing how he has struggled, they continued to ignore the problem and only want to address the interior of the O-Line, when the main problem is at the OT positions. As for the RB's being addressed, you can't bring in an old man like Frank Gore and expect the problem to be fixed. Since bringing him in, they continue to go game after game without a 100 yard rusher and when it comes draft time, they either wait until the last two rounds to add a runner or bring in some undrafted guy and expect everything to be much better. That isn't addressing the issue. Personally, I'm a fan of Luck and think the guy deserves better. I don't like seeing any NFL franchise that is run poorly and Indianapolis is the most poorly run franchise in the NFL. 

They missed the playoffs for the 1st time last year since Luck took over, while he was injured. I'd say they still make amends. Not sure we have room to talk...
Quote:Yes, they did draft Costanzo, but that was quite a while ago. It seems as though they only take finesse blockers who struggle with bull rushers, then they wonder why Luck is always getting hit and they can't open running lanes. Since drafting Costanzo and seeing how he has struggled, they continued to ignore the problem and only want to address the interior of the O-Line, when the main problem is at the OT positions. As for the RB's being addressed, you can't bring in an old man like Frank Gore and expect the problem to be fixed. Since bringing him in, they continue to go game after game without a 100 yard rusher and when it comes draft time, they either wait until the last two rounds to add a runner or bring in some undrafted guy and expect everything to be much better. That isn't addressing the issue. Personally, I'm a fan of Luck and think the guy deserves better. I don't like seeing any NFL franchise that is run poorly and Indianapolis is the most poorly run franchise in the NFL.

Well, even assuming they hit with all of their picks this year (they didn't) they are still at least two more offseasons away from being a complete roster. On their boards they are kicking themselves for not drafting Ngakoue in the 2nd.
Quote:They missed the playoffs for the 1st time last year since Luck took over, while he was injured. I'd say they still make amends. Not sure we have room to talk...

We've controlled the last three games against them.
Call it Karma... We suffered their taunting for years during the Peyton era... I look forward to many years of seeing their fans like this...

[Image: 636069112142608004318784344_NFL%20Fans.jpg]

Yeah I'm all in on other teams in our division being pedestrian and having a serving of suffering.  The Texans and Titans was my early game locally yesterday and those teams are very beatable.  No JJ Watt is huge for the division.  I just don't think we have the coaching staff to pound on these teams.

Quote:Call it Karma... We suffered their taunting for years during the Peyton era... I look forward to many years of seeing their fans like this...

[Image: 636069112142608004318784344_NFL%20Fans.jpg]
Sweet.
Quote:Yeah I'm all in on other teams in our division being pedestrian and having a serving of suffering.  The Texans and Titans was my early game locally yesterday and those teams are very beatable.  No JJ Watt is huge for the division.  I just don't think we have the coaching staff to pound on these teams.

Coaching is a concern. But with good health and a more consistent running game, we can do it.