Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jax vs KC inside the numbers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Offense:

-Foles went 5-8, 1TD and ended with a beautiful deep TD pass that ended with his injury.  The very short sample looked good.

-Minshew was a great surprise.  22-25 275yds 2tds 1int.   One heck of a game being thrown into the fire.  He looked poised, accurate, and seemed to have a great understanding of the offense.  The team might have something with this kid.

-Fournette: 13 carries for 66 yards (5.1ypc) 4 recs 28 yds 94 total yds.4 The team had to abandon the run early but he looked good when he ran it.  His quickness is obvious and love how they use him in the passing game.  He is going to have a big year.

-DJ Chark: 4 caches for 146yds 1 td.   By far his best game as a pro.

Chris Conley 6 catches 97 yds 1 td.  Going to be a weapon

Westbrook 5 catches for 30 yds 1td. 

-Offense had 428 total yards but had 2 turnovers

Defense:

Sacksonville had 0 sacks in this game.  Yes Mahomes was hit a few times but could nap in the pocket at others

Defense allowed 491 yards, forced 0 sacks, forced 0 turnovers.

This so called elite defense forced 1 punt all game that came very late in the game

10 penalties with the major majority being on defense

Shut down corners shut down nobody
1 of 2 turnovers were a gift from the refs.... I mean Fournette's head and facemask was being ripped off. In fact Horse collar or facemask could have been called and BOTH penalties were missed somehow. But get your hands outside the numbers wearing a Jags uni, they will get your for holding every time!!! Founrette's no call undoubtedly changed the course of the game.

Minshew is the man, he will be fine here I think.

Defense is the most concerning at the moment, I think our safeties are really bad, same with the LB core too. The defense will probably be poor all year unless we start getting more pressure up front. We really need to see more man tight coverage to see if we can get home. This massive cushion and not tackling in the DBackfield is disgusting to watch. We got torched.
I refuse to believe that a defense with as much talent as ours has is this bad. KC makes a lot of defenses look bad.
(09-08-2019, 09:30 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]I refuse to believe that a defense with as much talent as ours has is this bad. KC makes a lot of defenses look bad.

This Defense will straighten itself back out. The Chiefs are going to embarrass a lot of Defenses this season.

Our young and inexperienced Safety duo had a rough day. Hopefully they can take some good away from their film review this week. Correct some mistakes and learn from it.
(09-08-2019, 09:30 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]I refuse to believe that a defense with as much talent as ours has is this bad. KC makes a lot of defenses look bad.

Well next up, Watson and Hopkins. On the road. No time for pity parties. Stuff the tinhorns next Sunday and they’ll feel better about things.
They better fix the safety position. And Jack was getting wrecked in the passing game