Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How good was the Chiefs defense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nick Foles looked good (briefly) Chark and Conley picked up a lot of yards. Fournette’s YPC were respectable. And Minshew had a much better game than many expected.

But was this partly because the Chiefs just aren’t very good defensively?

I think before the game a lot of people expected their offense to put up a lot of points - because they’re very very good.

Equally, I think we probably expected our offense to be able to score against their defense (albeit we thought it would be led by Nick Foles).

I still think Minshew and some of the others played really well. But maybe our offensive performance needs to be put in some perspective?

Or was the Chiefs defense better than advertised?
I would look at it and say hey a backup rookie QB came in cold and still did pretty darn well. And KC was only able to get one sack.
KC Defense is a question mark. It helped that they have that offense propping them up. Honestly it is a 2 team race in the AFC. Barring injuries KC and NE are tops. It is so painful to see NE do it again to the Steelers. I think we can stay competitive but think the Titans are going to beat the crude out of us again. Man I will always hate the Titans.
Week 1 of a brand new defensive scheme for them. I'd imagine they finish around average overall, they've a really good front 4
I do think its better than last years KC D but they still are not world beaters.