Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Penalties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw the stat line of 11 penalties for like 140yds. Were they the result of lack of discipline or refs being ticky/tack?
Refs for the most part. Read a few other sites and they even said they were bad calls so we're not being biased.

Some of those penalties were ticky tack. Some of the PI's they were calling against us seemed farfetched and some of the PI's they were calling against the Colts earlier in the game for whatever reason stopped calling as the game went on.
I thought the 2nd (?) PI on House was real ticky tacky, especially following that no call on Robinson.

Didn't really have a problem with much else but I was socked they didn't call Yannick for roughing the passer down near the goal line.
I pretty much expected a pi on every passing play.
We are overall lacking disciple and that is on the coaching.  Today was a hosing.

Taunting
The unevenness of the PI calls is distressing. The Jaguars had a couple that were easy calls and a couple that weren't PI in my eyes, but the Jaguars weren't getting all the same PI calls against the colts. Vontae Davis tackled Arob on a long pass and it wasn't called.

Quote:Taunting
There may be a dumber way to get a penalty, but I really can't think of one.
Quote:There may be a dumber way to get a penalty, but I really can't think of one.

There may also be a dumber penalty on the books but I can't think of one either
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Ct0Eu-HUIAE-2tJ.mp4'>https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Ct0Eu-HUIAE-2tJ.mp4</a>

This should've been an obvious PI.
Seemed every pass play more than 20 yards for the Colts the yellow flag came out.

Seems impossible to play corner in this league now

That one surprised me. It is uncharacteristic for Robinson.

What bothered me even more was the horsecollar on a Colts player being picked up when a flag was correctly thrown.

Quote:There may also be a dumber penalty on the books but I can't think of one either

Jared Odrick in San Diego.
clots got tacked for shoddy PI so we got tacked as well later in the game.

That was a very strange call.   Robinson gets up and spins the ball on the ground like a lot of WRs do, but in his case, for some reason, it's taunting.   He wasn't tossing the ball at an opposing player.  He wasn't even looking at an opposing player.  

I don't get that one. 
Quote:There may be a dumber way to get a penalty, but I really can't think of one.

I don't know what the refs saw that I didn't see.  I sure as heck didn't see any taunting.
Quote:I don't know what the refs saw that I didn't see.  I sure as heck didn't see any taunting.

I did not see any taunting either. It was ticky tack.
Quote:I don't know what the refs saw that I didn't see.  I sure as heck didn't see any taunting.

It seems being ticked off because someone head hunts you is now considered taunting.
Quote:That was a very strange call.   Robinson gets up and spins the ball on the ground like a lot of WRs do, but in his case, for some reason, it's taunting.   He wasn't tossing the ball at an opposing player.  He wasn't even looking at an opposing player.  

I don't get that one. 
Steve Smith has done that his whole career and i have never seen him get called for taunting
Pages: 1 2