Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where We Are
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two games into the season, and here's what I see: 

We're 0-2, and injuries continue to plague us.  We played the Texans without our starting QB, our starting and backup LT, our best pass rusher, and one starting CB.  

We're one game out of first place.  We're also in last place.  

We can't get our running game going.  I think the starters not playing in the preseason is the reason for this. 

Our defensive front looks soft.  We don't stop the run very well.  Our tackling is poor.  Poz was a great tackler.  Myles Jack is not.  Again, having a soft training camp was a mistake. 

On the other hand, Minshew looks like he could be a good QB.  That's extremely important going forward.  He actually looks like the same guy he was at Washington State.  He seems to be getting better rapidly as he gains playing time.  With less than 2 games under his belt, he looks better than Blake Bortles ever was. 

And our WRs are looking good.  

So, so far, once again, we have a season full of woulda, coulda, and shoulda.
The reason our run game isn't going is because we're starting 3 below average players on the line and the Oline coach we got from Tampa was awful with the run game
O Line ......what O Line?
We're going to get the best QB drafted by the Jaguars in years hurt at this rate.
0-2 means no playoffs. Don't less than like 7% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs?
(09-16-2019, 07:44 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]O Line ......what O Line?  
We're going to get the best QB drafted by the Jaguars in years hurt at this rate.

This is my concern as well. Minshew took two hard hits from behind. Although, I did notice he adapted to keep his left side in view if his first reads didn’t materialize.
(09-16-2019, 07:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 07:44 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]O Line ......what O Line?  

This is my concern as well. Minshew took two hard hits from behind. Although, I did notice he adapted to keep his left side in view if his first reads didn’t materialize.

4-12 will be final record.
(09-16-2019, 07:45 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]0-2 means no playoffs. Don't less than like 7% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs?

Texans started 0-3 last year and won the division
(09-16-2019, 07:45 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]0-2 means no playoffs. Don't less than like 7% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs?

We are one game out of first place with 14 games to play.
We're in the same position as my fantasy team, 0-2.

I think they said 12% on the broadcast yesterday. Not 100% sure on that though.
We're one game back in the division with a number of debilitating injuries.

If the O-Line can somehow get on track with Cam at LT and Will Richardson at RG, maybe they can salvage a decent number of wins.
If that happens ^ AND they also figure out how to stop the run, then maybe they can actually compete for the division. But they'd basically need that to all come together by week 4.
(09-16-2019, 08:32 AM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: [ -> ]

Texans started 0-3 last year and won the division

And they didn't even have Minshew II

We got this !!!
The Titans game this week is a "must win" if they hope to salvage this season. If they win Thursday and manage to split their next 2 games on the road, I actually like their chances in the division. Their schedule is not tough at all and if they can get Robinson and Yannick back I see them winning a very weak AFC South division. However, if they lose on Thursday things are likely to continue to implode and Marrone will not make it past mid-season.