Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone- Ramsey argument.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know its been spoken about a lot already and I do think by Thursday this will be old news but I said in the off season, can Marrone get control of this team back.  I cant find a clip of Jalen pushing past Marrone

https://twitter.com/i/status/1173401926853169153

https://twitter.com/i/status/1173289642168377344

Now I agree with Rosenfels, the other DB's reactions are very telling, they are jawing at Marrone too and why is Harrison dragging him away? Why is Marrone going back over and starting it up again? Send Wash or a coach over.

Jack getting ejected last season, this reminds me so much of Odrick blowing up at Gus @T*tans when the players had just had enough.

When Marrone was asked after the game what the argument was about, he said he 'couldn't recall'. Really? Does that sound like a HC calling the shots?

Something has to change. There cant be this disconnect and players vs coaches. I'm tired of the victory in defeat attitude and next week well get em.
Hayden's reaction says a lot about how players feel about Marrone lol
It's safe to say a good portion of that roster doesn't respect their HC.

He's made enough mistakes to warrant it I suppose, but it's never a good look to let this kind of crap happen on the sidelines. I wish the players were smarter about it. Hard to say if Marrone is truly on a hot seat or not, but losing the trust of your locker room should probably land you on it. Tough to proceed that way.
(09-16-2019, 11:45 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Hayden's reaction says a lot about how players feel about Marrone lol

Not necessarily.  When you're out there competing and wanna get off their field after a 3rd down incompletion, he just voiced his 2 second opinion.
(09-16-2019, 11:51 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It's safe to say a good portion of that roster doesn't respect their HC.

He's made enough mistakes to warrant it I suppose, but it's never a good look to let this kind of crap happen on the sidelines. I wish the players were smarter about it. Hard to say if Marrone is truly on a hot seat or not, but losing the trust of your locker room should probably land you on it.  Tough to proceed that way.

I just think back to 2017 and Fournette getting sat for a game as he turned up late for practice and a photograph. It seems to have slipped so far and it feels like the coaches think X is the problem and the players think its Y.
(09-16-2019, 10:22 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]...
When Marrone was asked after the game what the argument was about, he said he 'couldn't recall'. Really? Does that sound like a HC calling the shots?

Something has to change. There cant be this disconnect and players vs coaches. I'm tired of the victory in defeat attitude and next week well get em.

That sounds like a coach who will address this in private with his player, and not in a media scrum, which is much better than some passive-aggressive call-out via headline.

Good on Marrone for taking the higher ground in this thing. I have full confidence it will be addressed behind closed doors.
(09-16-2019, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 11:45 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Hayden's reaction says a lot about how players feel about Marrone lol

Not necessarily.  When you're out there competing and wanna get off their field after a 3rd down incompletion, he just voiced his 2 second opinion.

Do you think part of Ramseys frustration at Marrone was Ramsey thinking Marrone should have challenged because he told him to. Like having his back?

I get we have a system but when a senior player tells you it hit the ground, for some HC that's enough.

(09-16-2019, 11:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 10:22 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]...

That sounds like a coach who will address this in private with his player, and not in a media scrum, which is much better than some passive-aggressive call-out via headline.

Good on Marrone for taking the higher ground in this thing. I have full confidence it will be addressed behind closed doors.

Very possibly, we shall see. Ramsey also didn't speak to the press after the game.
(09-16-2019, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Again, Marrone comes to Ramsey, Hayden throws away his drink and pretty much tells Marrone to $%^& off and go coach. It is pretty clear he doesn't respect Marrone.
Whether Marrone should have thrown the challenge flag or not, Jalen should not have taken it personally. Jalen needs to do his job and let the coach do his. That this has become a big thing says more about the players than it does the coach, IMO. If the players just focused on the next play, instead of jawing about the previous play, maybe Houston never scores that FG.
Seeing 25 and 26 seem to agree with Jalen makes it worse IMO. You might say, if they're on Jalen's side, Doug must be wrong. Doug's got a big problem with at least 3 players showing bad attitude. A single challenge flag on third down is not the main problem here.
(09-16-2019, 12:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 11:51 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily.  When you're out there competing and wanna get off their field after a 3rd down incompletion, he just voiced his 2 second opinion.

Do you think part of Ramseys frustration at Marrone was Ramsey thinking Marrone should have challenged because he told him to. Like having his back?

I get we have a system but when a senior player tells you it hit the ground, for some HC that's enough.

You shouldn't throw a challenge flag just because one player says you should throw it.  People see what they want to see.  Jalen wanted that to be an incompletion; his testimony is biased.  That's not a comment on Jalen's personality or trustworthiness, just saying he's human.  Think about it, if we should be sure it was a drop just because Jalen says so, why not have Jalen play referee and cornerback?  
That said, Maybe Marrone could have called a time out and peeked at the replay if Houston was trying to quick-snap the next play.  But it would have been more foolish to outsource his decisions to Jalen Ramsey.  And it was really immature of Ramsey to keep fuming about it after the decision was made.
Inmates running the asylum. Is it too much to ask “professionals” to act like it? Want to throw childish fits? Fine, your pay will be adjusted accordingly.
(09-16-2019, 12:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Whether Marrone should have thrown the challenge flag or not, Jalen should not have taken it personally. Jalen needs to do his job and let the coach do his. That this has become a big thing says more about the players than it does the coach, IMO. If the players just focused on the next play, instead of jawing about the previous play, maybe Houston never scores that FG.
Seeing 25 and 26 seem to agree with Jalen makes it worse IMO. You might say, if they're on Jalen's side, Doug must be wrong. Doug's got a big problem with at least 3 players showing bad attitude. A single challenge flag on third down is not the main problem here.
It is not one act, it is everything adding up that Moron has done. Ramsey is done with it. The fact that he didn't talk to the media is very telling. He has no respect for Moron and he is gone unless Moron is fired.

This is going to turn into Miami very quickly if TC doesn't step in.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(09-16-2019, 12:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 12:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think part of Ramseys frustration at Marrone was Ramsey thinking Marrone should have challenged because he told him to. Like having his back?

You shouldn't throw a challenge flag just because one player says you should throw it.  People see what they want to see.  Jalen wanted that to be an incompletion; his testimony is biased.  That's not a comment on Jalen's personality or trustworthiness, just saying he's human.  Think about it, if we should be sure it was a drop just because Jalen says so, why not have Jalen play referee and cornerback?  
That said, Maybe Marrone could have called a time out and peeked at the replay if Houston was trying to quick-snap the next play.  But it would have been more foolish to outsource his decisions to Jalen Ramsey.  And it was really immature of Ramsey to keep fuming about it after the decision was made.

I agree with this. Marrone and staff have a protocol in place for challenges and it rightfully doesn't include challenging whatever a player tells them to. 
The call could have gone either way had they challenged it. The tip of the ball contacted the ground as Hopkins rolled over but he had secured it and it didn't move in his hands. The refs could easily have said "not enough evidence to overturn." 

ALSO:

I think another reason why Ramsey was so mad was that in that series Wash called a couple of zone plays that took Ramsey out of press man coverage.  So he was already ticked and the "incompletion" put him over the edge. Still should have contained his temper though.

Sidenote to this^ :
Wash did call mixed coverages yesterday that had the secondary in zone while Ramsey was manning up on Hopkins. Just for those that seem to think it's always one or the other. We seemed to have a lot of that misunderstanding after the chiefs game around here.
(09-16-2019, 12:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 12:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Whether Marrone should have thrown the challenge flag or not, Jalen should not have taken it personally.  Jalen needs to do his job and let the coach do his.  That this has become a big thing says more about the players than it does the coach, IMO.  If the players just focused on the next play, instead of jawing about the previous play, maybe Houston never scores that FG.  
Seeing 25 and 26 seem to agree with Jalen makes it worse IMO.  You might say, if they're on Jalen's side, Doug must be wrong.  Doug's got a big problem with at least 3 players showing bad attitude.  A single challenge flag on third down is not the main problem here.
It is not one act, it is everything adding up that Moron has done. Ramsey is done with it. The fact that he didn't talk to the media is very telling. He has no respect for Moron and he is gone unless Moron is fired.

What's that old man going to do?

Seriously.

He and Caldwell need to evaluate the team and pick a coach that actually conforms to the players rather than expect the players to conform to him. They start that process now and fire Marrone after the season.
(09-16-2019, 12:53 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 12:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]It is not one act, it is everything adding up that Moron has done. Ramsey is done with it. The fact that he didn't talk to the media is very telling. He has no respect for Moron and he is gone unless Moron is fired.

What's that old man going to do?

Seriously.

He and Caldwell need to evaluate the team and pick a coach that actually conforms to the players rather than expect the players to conform to him. They start that process now and fire Marrone after the season.

TC just needs to put the headset on for the rest of the year. Not take over for good. He is already at practice everyday. Call timeout, challenges, and 4th down decisions. The coordinators can do the rest. TC should also have their respect as he has won.

(09-16-2019, 12:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 12:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't throw a challenge flag just because one player says you should throw it.  People see what they want to see.  Jalen wanted that to be an incompletion; his testimony is biased.  That's not a comment on Jalen's personality or trustworthiness, just saying he's human.  Think about it, if we should be sure it was a drop just because Jalen says so, why not have Jalen play referee and cornerback?  

I agree with this. Marrone and staff have a protocol in place for challenges and it rightfully doesn't include challenging whatever a player tells them to. 
The call could have gone either way had they challenged it. The tip of the ball contacted the ground as Hopkins rolled over but he had secured it and it didn't move in his hands. The refs could easily have said "not enough evidence to overturn." 

ALSO:

I think another reason why Ramsey was so mad was that in that series Wash called a couple of zone plays that took Ramsey out of press man coverage.  So he was already ticked and the "incompletion" put him over the edge. Still should have contained his temper though.

Sidenote to this^ :
Wash did call mixed coverages yesterday that had the secondary in zone while Ramsey was manning up on Hopkins. Just for those that seem to think it's always one or the other. We seemed to have a lot of that misunderstanding after the chiefs game around here.

Oh I agree with you guys. I've seen plenty of players saying it wasn't a catch or there was PI and there wasn't. If you have a system then you go by that.

I cant defend Ramsey for getting that angry for that reason. You can disagree but its the coaches call.
Get rid of Ramsey and any other players who think they run the team. It's a cancer. Ramsey has managed to get inside his OWN head - how else to explain dropping an easy pick-6 he had cradled in both arms?
(09-16-2019, 01:07 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of Ramsey and any other players who think they run the team.  It's a cancer.  Ramsey has managed to get inside his OWN head - how else to explain dropping an easy pick-6 he had cradled in both arms?

The ol' baby with the bathwater approach.
Ramsey saw AB get what he wanted.
Pages: 1 2 3