Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jaguars next few weeks of games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the news that Drew Brees will miss the Jags game, here are our next few weeks of games....

Titans - Mariota 
Broncos - Flacco
Panthers -  cam at 50% 
Saints - Teddy 
Bengals - The Bengals 
Jets - Adam Gase and 200 lb Darnold
It bodes well for our secondary if they play like they did in Houston.
(09-16-2019, 10:37 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]With the news that Drew Brees will miss the Jags game, here are our next few weeks of games....

Titans - Mariota 
Broncos - Flacco
Panthers -  cam at 50% 
Saints - Teddy 
Bengals - The Bengals 

A few weeks ago these were tough, after Foles went down they were L's but now....... hmmmm.

I'm worried about Thursday. That lot have our number. They haven't beaten us by a point, theyve given us some whoopings. Going to Mile High, Panthers look nowhere near as dangerous but still have McCaffrey, Saints with Bridgewater aren't as scary but still have Kamara.

Bengals playing really well at the moment, unlucky to be 0-2 and Gase may have tried to fight half the NY media by then.

I just feel a good win, a win against a stronger team can get this team rolling again and we have some chances there.
(09-16-2019, 10:47 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 10:37 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]With the news that Drew Brees will miss the Jags game, here are our next few weeks of games....

Titans - Mariota 
Broncos - Flacco
Panthers -  cam at 50% 
Saints - Teddy 
Bengals - The Bengals 

A few weeks ago these were tough, after Foles went down they were L's but now....... hmmmm.

I'm worried about Thursday. That lot have our number. They haven't beaten us by a point, theyve given us some whoopings. Going to Mile High, Panthers look nowhere near as dangerous but still have McCaffrey, Saints with Bridgewater aren't as scary but still have Kamara.

Bengals playing really well at the moment, unlucky to be 0-2 and Gase may have tried to fight half the NY media by then.

I just feel a good win, a win against a stronger team can get this team rolling again and we have some chances there.
Did you watch the Bengals game yesterday? Because if you did and you still think they're playing great....
But Marrone is still our HC, so you never know what can happen with this guy...
That’s actually a weak schedule, and any coach worth his slat should be able to coach up this team to pull out some victories.

Next few weeks should be interesting
(09-16-2019, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 10:47 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]A few weeks ago these were tough, after Foles went down they were L's but now....... hmmmm.

Did you watch the Bengals game yesterday? Because if you did and you still think they're playing great....

Theyve lost to a good Seattle and San Francisco. No shame in that. They lost a fair few guys to injury yesterday, especially on the O line

But Dalton has thrown for 720yds and 4TD'S 1INT after 2 games, Ross has 20 receptions for 270yds and 3TD'S after 2 games and they may have Green back and it's a road game.
It's very possible to be 4-4 after that Jets game if they can get healthy up front on offense and figure out how to stop the run on defense.
(09-16-2019, 11:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It's very possible to be 4-4 after that Jets game if they can get healthy up front on offense and figure out how to stop the run on defense.

All I really want us to do up front, find something we can do. Surely there is some kind of run blocking that we can actually have some success, however small at the moment but just something to get this Oline winning some battles.

Basically playing to our strengths and moving away from what we cant.
6-2 is possible, but unlikely but 5-3 or 4-4 is a win in my opinion. We are still in this but we have to beat the Tacks first and foremost. 0-2 stinks but it feels different than last season, I still feel pretty confident as long as we stay healthy and get Ngakoue, Bouye, and Cam back. If we lose on Thursdzy tho I could see the locker room start unraveling

Titans - Mariota 
Broncos - Flacco
Panthers -  cam at 50% 
Saints - Teddy 
Bengals - The Bengals 

Dang ..... those look winnable now.  I'm so confused this year.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115b41451bd1ac17f4bf...=giphy.gif]
(09-16-2019, 12:00 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: [ -> ]6-2 is possible, but unlikely but 5-3 or 4-4 is a win in my opinion. We are still in this but we have to beat the Tacks first and foremost. 0-2 stinks but it feels different than last season, I still feel pretty confident as long as we stay healthy and get Ngakoue, Bouye, and Cam back. If we lose on Thursdzy tho I could see the locker room start unraveling

We were 2-0 at this stage after just beating the Patriots last year and look where that ended up, right now I'm not worried, but we do need to get a win Thursday or the Broncos, Panthers and saints become must wins.
(09-16-2019, 12:21 PM)UKJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 12:00 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: [ -> ]6-2 is possible, but unlikely but 5-3 or 4-4 is a win in my opinion. We are still in this but we have to beat the Tacks first and foremost. 0-2 stinks but it feels different than last season, I still feel pretty confident as long as we stay healthy and get Ngakoue, Bouye, and Cam back. If we lose on Thursdzy tho I could see the locker room start unraveling

We were 2-0 at this stage after just beating the Patriots last year and look where that ended up, right now I'm not worried, but we do need to get a win Thursday or the Broncos, Panthers and saints become must wins.

Agree we need a win.  I can't stand the Titans so lets start there.
(09-16-2019, 11:39 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Did you watch the Bengals game yesterday? Because if you did and you still think they're playing great....

Theyve lost to a good Seattle and San Francisco. No shame in that. They lost a fair few guys to injury yesterday, especially on the O line

But Dalton has thrown for 720yds and 4TD'S 1INT after 2 games, Ross has 20 receptions for 270yds and 3TD'S after 2 games and they may have Green back and it's a road game.

Bengals looked good in Seattle,, but got destroyed yesterday by 49ers. Bengals O-line is terrible. 

Jags vs Bengals might be a good game,, but if the Jags defense shows up, they got it.
(09-16-2019, 12:46 PM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 11:39 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Theyve lost to a good Seattle and San Francisco. No shame in that. They lost a fair few guys to injury yesterday, especially on the O line

Bengals looked good in Seattle,, but got destroyed yesterday by 49ers. Bengals O-line is terrible. 

Jags vs Bengals might be a good game,, but if the Jags defense shows up, they got it.
Zac Taylor was an assistant to McVay so he knows the Seahawks better than most coaches.

Then you flip to the 49ers and he should know them well too but got absolutely shelled. I think the Bengals we saw against the 49ers is closer to the team we will see all season.

That being said, all the teams we mentioned are also circling Jacksonville as a win. You have to capitalize when you get the chance to and that Texans loss is going to sting.
The schedule appears to be "easier" than originally thought to start the season. But you still have to beat the Titans on Thursday, it starts from there. I don't know how but you just have to do it. I don't think this team has the mental strenght to go 0-3 and not implode, especially with the injuries we have. Yesterday loss was tough, can't lose another division game.

Get a win, an ugly win, whatever kind of win on Thursday, you have a long week ahead where you hopefully get Cam Robinson, Ngakoue, Bouye and possibly Josh Oliver back with Dareus and Calais able to get healthier (they are playing hurt and it showed)and we might find the momentum.
Broncos are looking the same as us, lots of penalties, bad oline play, crazy loss yesterday. Having a long week of preparation for that one after a win on Thursday would be huge.
(09-16-2019, 11:46 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 11:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It's very possible to be 4-4 after that Jets game if they can get healthy up front on offense and figure out how to stop the run on defense.

All I really want us to do up front, find something we can do. Surely there is some kind of run blocking that we can actually have some success, however small at the moment but just something to get this Oline winning some battles.

That's a great point.  

Personally, I hope Marrone isn't too stubborn about this determination to run the ball.  Run occasionally to keep them honest.  But other than that, be more aggressive with the passing game.
(09-16-2019, 12:21 PM)UKJag Wrote: [ -> ]We were 2-0 at this stage after just beating the Patriots last year and look where that ended up

LOL .....thanks for the reminder.  At this time last year, we were heading to the Super Bowl as the Blake Bortles to Keelan Cole combination looked unstoppable.

Amazing how things can change.
(09-16-2019, 03:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2019, 11:46 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]All I really want us to do up front, find something we can do. Surely there is some kind of run blocking that we can actually have some success, however small at the moment but just something to get this Oline winning some battles.

That's a great point.  

Personally, I hope Marrone isn't too stubborn about this determination to run the ball.  Run occasionally to keep them honest.  But other than that, be more aggressive with the passing game.

I think it's something they may do, but they'll need better protection to pull it off. Minshew got hit a LOT, and ran for his life frequently yesterday on those 38 attempts.
If Doug Doesn't prepare us enough to win at least 4 of these games, I never want to see him again.
Pages: 1 2