Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Titans - # of Unsold Seats (Alarming)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check out the number of unsold seats shown in blue.  Just click on a section and scroll around.  Section 131 alone appears to have over 100 of unsold seats (marked in blue).  The red dots represent resales so the Jags made their $$ on those.  

This number of unsold seats is a stark contrast from last season when we were coming off of 2 playoff wins.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/jacksonvil...72A71F9D8C
I'm too lazy to look. Is it good or bad?

Is Rachel Phelps, err, Shad Khan's plan of making us so bad, attendance drops to an all time low so he can move to Miami coming to fruition?
when teams are loseing fan support drops,rather its high schoolcolleg,or the pros. fans don't go unless there team is winning.  Rember jags are loseing right now,so theres going to be less fan support. 

only the die-hard fans will go to the games.  if jags were to start winnning again fan support will increase.
Typical Jacksonville. Can't blame nor fault anyone here unwilling to support a poorly ran franchise.

If we're not making a deep run in the play off's they're typically a below .500 club. They started off with four straight play off apperances after the inaugural season.

Then they went onto make just three play off appearances over the next nineteen years. Pretty hard to ask anyone to support that in a small market.

Can't thank the OG's who have stuck by this team through it all though enough. I have said several times over the years. But the regular season ticket holders here deserve better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(09-19-2019, 08:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Typical Jacksonville. Can't blame nor fault anyone here unwilling to support a poorly ran franchise.

If we're not making a deep run in the play off's they're typically a below .500 club. They started off with four straight play off apperances after the inaugural season.

Then they went onto make just three play off appearances over the next nineteen years. Pretty hard to ask anyone to support that in a small market.

Can't thank the OG's who have stuck by this team through it all though enough. I have said several times over the years. But the regular season ticket holders here deserve better.

ANY fan that stuck with this team throughout this [BLEEP] show over the years deserves better..
(09-19-2019, 08:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Typical Jacksonville. Can't blame nor fault anyone here unwilling to support a poorly ran franchise.

You're welcome. it's only cost me twenty years off my life. No worries!!
(09-19-2019, 08:09 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='1236021' dateline='1568894758']
ANY fan that stuck with this team throughout this [BLEEP] show over the years deserves better..

[/quote]
Yes thank you . I do.
Is this a surprise? We're 0-2, our "franchise savior" QB gets hurt in the first game of the year and our best player on defense is gonna get traded. Not many people are gonna wanna spend a lot of money to see this cluster ****. They can sit home and watch it for free on TNF.
(09-19-2019, 08:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a surprise? We're 0-2, our "franchise savior" QB gets hurt in the first game of the year and our best player on defense is gonna get traded. Not many people are gonna wanna spend a lot of money to see this cluster ****. They can sit home and watch it for free on TNF.

Dude, this not only represent unsold gameday tickets but also unsold season tickets.  We were not 0-2 in August, Nick Foles was not injured, and Jalen wasn't on the trading block when people opted not to renew their season tickets.
People work and kids go to school on Thursday and have to work/school tomorrow. Thursday night games are a dumb idea. Most of the games are trash to watch.
(09-19-2019, 08:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2019, 08:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a surprise? We're 0-2, our "franchise savior" QB gets hurt in the first game of the year and our best player on defense is gonna get traded. Not many people are gonna wanna spend a lot of money to see this cluster ****. They can sit home and watch it for free on TNF.

Dude, this not only represent unsold gameday tickets but also unsold season tickets.  We were not 0-2 in August, Nick Foles was not injured, and Jalen wasn't on the trading block when people opted not to renew their season tickets.

What matters ultimately is how many they sell per-game and the Jags do ok in that regard. I'd imagine that season ticket sales *are* way down though because of the high expectations going into the 2018 season and how badly things turned out. Where you here in 2009? It was a very similar situation (2008 was supposed to be the year we made a Superbowl run) and then when it went to hell, 17,000 STH supposedly elected not to renew. 

Small market + years of losing seasons = smaller STH base.
I can't say I'm surprised that a Thursday night 8PM kickoff struggles to sell individual game tickets.

Especially if the other team is the stinkin' tacks. Who would pay to see THEM?
(09-19-2019, 07:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Check out the number of unsold seats shown in blue.  Just click on a section and scroll around.  Section 131 alone appears to have over 100 of unsold seats (marked in blue).  The red dots represent resales so the Jags made their $$ on those.  

This number of unsold seats is a stark contrast from last season when we were coming off of 2 playoff wins.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/jacksonvil...72A71F9D8C

Can't say I'm surprised. Winning cures all and we just haven't done it near enough of late. 

*shrug*   I'll be there getting loud on third down like always.
(09-19-2019, 09:24 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]People work and kids go to school on Thursday and have to work/school tomorrow.  Thursday night games are a dumb idea. Most of the games are trash to watch.

They are designed to give unpopular teams their one guaranteed national broadcast and still get eyeballs because nothing else is on. It's exactly why we always play the tittians, they kill two birds in one game. Then we get Dallas, New England, or New York every week on Sunday night.

Not necessarily, just because they are for sale now does not mean they have not already been purchased. Ticket brokers and such. But if the 50/50 amount from the Chiefs game is an indicator it was well below average.

Fair point, but there is a significant percentage of the fanbase that are merely looking at the previous season's W/L column when they renew season tickets. They don't alter that based on offseason acquisitions and optimism. 

If this team strings together a few wins in the coming 5 or 6 weeks, we may see a better turnout of local single game ticket buyers. Most of that subset of fans just want to see wins to be coerced to attend.

We saw it happen in 2017 as the season rolled through the Fall. People got onboard that weren't there in September.
(09-19-2019, 11:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2019, 08:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, this not only represent unsold gameday tickets but also unsold season tickets.  We were not 0-2 in August, Nick Foles was not injured, and Jalen wasn't on the trading block when people opted not to renew their season tickets.

Not necessarily, just because they are for sale now does not mean they have not already been purchased. Ticket brokers and such. But if the 50/50 amount from the Chiefs game is an indicator it was well below average.

Wrong.  Resales are designated in red dots whereas the blue dots represent tickets that have never been sold.  I've sold thousands of sporting event and concert tickets and the Ticketmaster site has the same color designation for each event.
Win games. Easy fix.
(09-19-2019, 12:42 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]Win games. Easy fix.

That's a last resort around here..
(09-19-2019, 12:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2019, 12:42 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]Win games. Easy fix.

That's a last resort around here..

lol .... then we complain about the bandwagon people now coming to the games.   Nothing like the 30,000 base (me included) that are enshrined on the Wall of Pain (inside the stadium near then vending stands on the 200 level).
Who cares? I’m going. I want to see the bloodbath in person.
Pages: 1 2