Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Hurns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Needs to be more involved in the offense. Get him the ball somehow. He has playmaker ability. Sorry I just don't get why he's not getting target as much.
Yeah he didn't even celebrate after that TD. Was like about time, throw me the damn ball.
I was just going to start a thread about this. Why was Benn out there so much?

Quote:I was just going to start a thread about this. Why was Benn out there so much?

Looked like Benn was playing more TE, since Thomas was out and I think Marcedes got hurt too.
Bortles played better today, but better when your play is near the bottom, better can still mean 'average' at best. Blake is hesitant, doesn't see the field well, and delivers the ball after a long, wind up motion. His stat line was fine, but that secondary is not good, and he put up pedestrian numbers. I would attribute Hurns not getting the ball more to Blake than Hurns being covered all the time. Has any of our receivers gone over 100 yards? Blake just isn't good right now. Don't expect 100 yard receiving games until Blake can sure up his game more.

Hurns needs more targets, the past few games have had atrocious play calling

Hurns is definitely earning the number 88, hopefully he will help us earn as many rings as the 88
Quote:Looked like Benn was playing more TE, since Thomas was out and I think Marcedes got hurt too.

I thought about that but tight ends can't wear #17.
Quote:Hurns is definitely earning the number 88, hopefully he will help us earn as many rings as the 88.

He already earned it last year. Michael Irvin said it.

Now it seems like Hurns almost disappeared from our offense. I have been seeing Lee a lot more.
As much as we all agree Hurns needs to see the ball more, if you are Blake and you see Cromartie covering Arob all game you have to go to that match up. Hurns had Vontae on him all day who is an exceptional corner and probably the only good player on the Colts defense. Hurns will get his matchups throughout the season, this week was just about Arob. 

Quote:I thought about that but tight ends can't wear #17.
Hes listed as a WR. As long as he is designated in the roster as a WR he can.

Benn played a lot of TE today because of injuries.

He looked goo there blocking. He also is fantastic on special teams. Really like the player.

#drunj
Quote:Hes listed as a WR. As long as he is designated in the roster as a WR he can.

Benn played a lot of TE today because of injuries.

He looked goo there blocking. He also is fantastic on special teams. Really like the player.
He just gotta keep his composure and not drop open passes! C'mon Benn! I like him too though, he is a stud on special teams. 
Quote:As much as we all agree Hurns needs to see the ball more, if you are Blake and you see Cromartie covering Arob all game you have to go to that match up. Hurns had Vontae on him all day who is an exceptional corner and probably the only good player on the Colts defense. Hurns will get his matchups throughout the season, this week was just about Arob. 

That was my thought about Robinson not getting the ball at San Diego. Verrett was covering him all day.
Quote:He just gotta keep his composure and not drop open passes! C'mon Benn! I like him too though, he is a stud on special teams.

Definitely. I think he panicked a little bit when the ball was thrown to him. That play is usually drawn up for Julius. Matter of fact, I think that's the same play Julius broke his hand on last preseason.

If you pay attention on kick and punt returns, Benn knocks people out.
Quote:Definitely. I think he panicked a little bit when the ball was thrown to him. That play is usually drawn up for Julius. Matter of fact, I think that's the same play Julius broke his hand on last preseason.

If you pay attention on kick and punt returns, Benn knocks people out.

I agree Benn has been great on special teams. Always at the right place at the right time on coverage.