Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Call me crazy....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
preface: I grew up in the 80's, and as a kid I thrived on wrasslin' and all it's shenanigans.

Ok, to the meat of the post: I have had this crazy idea floating about my brain, and I know it can't be possible, but let's have some fun.

What if Jalen is keeping the media occupied, playing a sort of heel, so that fans, media and the like are busy worried about a complete fabrication of a story, while the rest of the team coasts under the radar? It would be a great way to keep media off a rookie QB pressed into action, especially on a short week, so that the folks who need the time most to prepare are not busy dealing with a bunch of  reporter's questions that might plant seeds of doubt in an impressionable mind.

I would so love to see this circus continue to be something that the media grabs onto, and runs into the dirt, while the team keeps plugging away in film room and practice field, and next thing you know, the squad is running like a well tuned machine, scoring points, and forcing turnovers like never before. 

Jalen gets the last laugh, showing the media that he is smarter than they are, and all these stories they put out did the team the biggest favor. Foles recovers from injury, but by that point, Minshew has the team winning, and the Division title is within reach, and then I wake up.

I so very want this to be reality. I live for chaos.
No.
You're crazy
(09-19-2019, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]preface: I grew up in the 80's, and as a kid I thrived on wrasslin' and all it's shenanigans.

Ok, to the meat of the post: I have had this crazy idea floating about my brain, and I know it can't be possible, but let's have some fun.

What if Jalen is keeping the media occupied, playing a sort of heel, so that fans, media and the like are busy worried about a complete fabrication of a story, while the rest of the team coasts under the radar? It would be a great way to keep media off a rookie QB pressed into action, especially on a short week, so that the folks who need the time most to prepare are not busy dealing with a bunch of  reporter's questions that might plant seeds of doubt in an impressionable mind.

I would so love to see this circus continue to be something that the media grabs onto, and runs into the dirt, while the team keeps plugging away in film room and practice field, and next thing you know, the squad is running like a well tuned machine, scoring points, and forcing turnovers like never before. 

Jalen gets the last laugh, showing the media that he is smarter than they are, and all these stories they put out did the team the biggest favor. Foles recovers from injury, but by that point, Minshew has the team winning, and the Division title is within reach, and then I wake up.

You so Krazy!! No seriously, get some meds. KOO-Koo, Koo Koo Confused
This is on jagsbch level...
(09-19-2019, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]preface: I grew up in the 80's, and as a kid I thrived on wrasslin' and all it's shenanigans.

The team doesn't watch film in the film room, hence our OC saying how happy and pleased he is with the quality of Fournette's running... ya know... when he's running into a pile of people when there's gaping holes right next to it?
No, Jalen is not that smart.
(09-19-2019, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]What if Jalen is keeping the media occupied, playing a sort of heel, so that fans, media and the like are busy worried about a complete fabrication of a story, while the rest of the team coasts under the radar? 
Yep.  Jalen, Coughlin, and Marrone are all working in unison to keep the national media off of this huge story of the Jags starting a rookie QB.  We all know how teams like the Giants, Pats, and Jags attract fan and media attention.
well the Kahns are the majority backers of the AEW
Whatever happened to Krazy?
(09-19-2019, 09:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever happened to Krazy?

banned

(he went total ape [BLEEP] and literally asked for it)
(09-19-2019, 09:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

banned

Lol, makes perfect sense!

[Image: ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u4.png]
(09-19-2019, 09:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

banned

Ramsey Syndrome. Too bad.
I thought about this as well. It’s great advertising for the team even if it’s negative. It made TNF even more exciting to watch to see if Ramsey plays or not. 

It’s not like this team had a great reputation prior to this news. Ratings ratings ratings!
This is not as crazy as it sounds. If Ramsey is not traded, then this is very plausible. They have done publicity stunt throughout sports for a few decades now. This isn't surprising.

However, this entire thread is out the window if he is traded. It only goes to show an even bigger mess within the organization for letting go of the best player they have drafted in the 1st round in the longest time.
(09-19-2019, 10:24 AM)Corriewf Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about this as well. It’s great advertising for the team even if it’s negative. It made TNF even more exciting to watch to see if Ramsey plays or not. 

It’s not like this team had a great reputation prior to this news. Ratings ratings ratings!

Pffft.  Ain't nobody trynna watch this [BLEEP] show. 

(I'm joking with you, but unfortunately I may be correct)
Undecided
(09-19-2019, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2019, 10:24 AM)Corriewf Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about this as well. It’s great advertising for the team even if it’s negative. It made TNF even more exciting to watch to see if Ramsey plays or not. 

Pffft.  Ain't nobody trynna watch this [BLEEP] show. 

Undecided

Wasn’t it a bit weird that the Jags gave Ramsey a podium to speak? That is where I started to question things. You know they truly don’t actually want him traded. Why would you give a disrespectful player who wants to be gone a podium with your branding behind it to voice his opinion? Very weird move unless you are hyping things up prior to taking the national stage. 

Like it or not, the entirety of football nation is paying attention to a generational talent requesting to be traded. There is a lot of money that changes hands from advertising on TNF. Ratings ratings.. 

Will Ramsey play TNF? Will he have another blow out with Marrone? 

All of this and more...on the next episode of...Days of Our Lives. ?
(09-19-2019, 10:56 AM)Corriewf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2019, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Pffft.  Ain't nobody trynna watch this [BLEEP] show. 

Undecided

Wasn’t it a bit weird that the Jags gave Ramsey a podium to speak? That is where I started to question things. You know they truly don’t actually want him traded. Why would you give a disrespectful player who wants to be gone a podium with your branding behind it to voice his opinion? Very weird move unless you are hyping things up prior to taking the national stage. 

Like it or not, the entirety of football nation is paying attention to a generational talent requesting to be traded. There is a lot of money that changes hands from advertising on TNF. Ratings ratings.. 

Yeah. It's likely that Ramsey and his agent sold that presser to the team as "we're going to smooth things over." 

Of course they didn't.  I'd imagine they (Jags) will think twice about putting him willingly in front of mics and cameras at this point moving forward. 

And, yes, it's a bit of a soap opera.
(09-19-2019, 11:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2019, 10:56 AM)Corriewf Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn’t it a bit weird that the Jags gave Ramsey a podium to speak? That is where I started to question things. You know they truly don’t actually want him traded. Why would you give a disrespectful player who wants to be gone a podium with your branding behind it to voice his opinion? Very weird move unless you are hyping things up prior to taking the national stage. 

Yeah. It's likely that Ramsey and his agent sold that presser to the team as "we're going to smooth things over." 

Of course they didn't.  I'd imagine they (Jags) will think twice about putting him willingly in front of mics and cameras at this point moving forward. 

And, yes, it's a bit of a soap opera.

Unless you don’t want him to be traded. They know his character after years of working with him and knew if they put him on the stage he would devalue himself for a trade. They let the rest of the NFL see how much of a head case he is. “ How would you like Ramsey dropping F bombs in front of your fans...two first rounders?” Yeah... no..
Pages: 1 2