Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Credit to DeFilippo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This hasn't been mentioned in here too much, bit I feel this guy deserves mad credit for what he's done so far. Our passing game looks good! It's been a long time since we've been able to say that. Obviously, Minshew is a big part of that, but DeFilippo has done an excellent job creating an offense that fits our strengths... Now to get the running game going...

Future HC candidate?
They are finally able to get those little 4-6 yard rythym passing plays that other teams seemingly nickel and dime our defense with. Nice to see.
(09-20-2019, 01:17 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]They are finally able to get those little 4-6 yard rythym passing plays that other teams seemingly nickel and dime our defense with. Nice to see.

Yea, until they give it to Fournette for a 3 yard loss every other play lol.
(09-20-2019, 01:24 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2019, 01:17 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]They are finally able to get those little 4-6 yard rythym passing plays that other teams seemingly nickel and dime our defense with. Nice to see.

Yea, until they give it to Fournette for a 3 yard loss every other play lol.

I wasn't ready to wade through that swamp.
But, but, but “this offense still looks like Hackett’s”

BWUAHAHAHA!!!!
(09-20-2019, 01:37 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2019, 01:24 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, until they give it to Fournette for a 3 yard loss every other play lol.

I wasn't ready to wade through that swamp.

You know it's really bad when your star RB is making history, in the worst way possible. Dude was like 16 carries, for -10 yards or something, before that one fluke long run. Not to mention how many negative yards he had receiving/dropped passes.

I literally don't understand how this coaching staff can keep putting him on the field when he is literally causing negative plays every time he's targeted/runs the ball...

The only possible thing I can think of, is that this coaching staff is being forced to play him by this Front Office..
(09-20-2019, 01:02 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]This hasn't been mentioned in here too much, bit I feel this guy deserves mad credit for what he's done so far. Our passing game looks good! It's been a long time since we've been able to say that. Obviously, Minshew is a big part of that, but DeFilippo has done an excellent job creating an offense that fits our strengths... Now to get the running game going...

Future HC candidate?

Yes, 

It helps your rookie QB is as level headed and cool as the 'Shew. The OC has been good so far I think, and if 15 keeps getting better this season should go reasonably well. We can get on a run here over the next 6 games with the teams we are playing. Once we get the run game figured out(PLEASE SPELL LF I WANT TO SEE ARMSTEAD GET CARRIES SO LF CAN STAY FRESH LATE IN THE YEAR) we will be good. We need to spell Fournette more, its a long season... That is my only gripe with Flip so far. SPELL YOUR RB1, PLEASE!!!!  lol.
Where the [BLEEP] was the RPO play on 2 pt attempt??????

BTW, it’s usually a good idea to give your RB a blow after a 69 yard run. Nah, let’s give him the ball the next two plays. Insane.

* Doug, kick the FG to go up 16.
I wouldn't object to Fournette taking half the snaps in his current state.. he can definitely identify a blitz and pass protect. But we've literally run his legs off already and it's only week 3. After a long run you'd think he'd get a break, just for a play here and there.... nope. I have no idea what we're trying to do but he's running like his injured self again and I wish we'd find ourselves a spell back at the very least. IMO Fournette needs to do the team a favor and sit out a couple games. Could you imagine our offense with a running game?
I'm not sure how much of it is Three-point-fournette, honestly. Carlos Hyde looked like crap here last year, and he did a number on us behind the Texans' OL. Really the only OL we have that I would say is a solid starter or better is Linder, and he's an injury waiting to happen. Norwell hasn't played up to his contract, Taylor's a rookie that loves to hold, Robinson is going to take time to get back up to speed, and A.J. Cann's picture is right next to "godawful" in the dictionary. I'm not saying that Three-point-fournette is necessarily any good, but I am saying that our OL has been pretty consistently awful the last couple of years, and that's coincided with his decline from a promising rookie season.
(09-20-2019, 01:39 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure how much of it is Three-point-fournette, honestly. Carlos Hyde looked like crap here last year, and he did a number on us behind the Texans' OL. Really the only OL we have that I would say is a solid starter or better is Linder, and he's an injury waiting to happen. Norwell hasn't played up to his contract, Taylor's a rookie that loves to hold, Robinson is going to take time to get back up to speed, and A.J. Cann's picture is right next to "godawful" in the dictionary. I'm not saying that Three-point-fournette is necessarily any good, but I am saying that our OL has been pretty consistently awful the last couple of years, and that's coincided with his decline from a promising rookie season.
I also noticed a few times yesterday that Minshew checked out of a play and called for a run but he ran Fournette directly into the blitz.
I've been very happy with De Filippo but I do think him and our OL coach Warhop are to blame for the run game.

They were both awful at it with their last teams, Warhop was the run game coordinator for the Bucs and Oline coaches design the run game, they were the worst team in the league at it.

De Filippo is making the runs too telegraphed and not using the pass to set up the run. We should be spreading out defense and running into light boxes, Vs going to 2 TE sets on first down, creating a heavy box and just running up the middle, that might work if our Oline was dominating at the point of attack like in 2017, but it's not.
(09-20-2019, 01:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]I've been very happy with De Filippo but I do think him and our OL coach  Warhop are to blame for the run game.

They were both awful at it with their last teams, Warhop was the run game coordinator for the Bucs and Oline coaches design the run game, they were the worst team in the league at it.

De Filippo is making the runs too telegraphed and not using the pass to set up the run. We should be spreading out defense and running into light boxes, Vs going to 2 TE sets on first down, creating a heavy box and just running up the middle, that might work if our Oline was dominating at the point of attack like in 2017, but it's not.
I saw a stat that we have used a 3WR set 71% of the time. 

(Prior to last nights game)
Blocking wasnt good but Fournette was still missing some holes. He runs right to where the play is designed and if nothing is there, he is dead in the water. Ultimate tunnel vision. It's just amazing how infrequent there is a hole where the play is designed to go.
(09-20-2019, 01:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2019, 01:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]I've been very happy with De Filippo but I do think him and our OL coach  Warhop are to blame for the run game.

I saw a stat that we have used a 3WR set 71% of the time. 

Most of our early down runs seem to be via heavier sets though. Changing that up would help some
Did some digging

Small sample size stat but Fournettes ypc on different downs:

1st down : 24 attempts 110 yards 4.6 ypc

2nd down: 14 attempts 41 yards 2.9 ypc

3rd down : 4 attempts 27 yards 6.8 ypc

Ypc doesn't tell you the full story bout a run game at all but something to monitor at least
(09-20-2019, 01:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2019, 01:39 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure how much of it is Three-point-fournette, honestly. Carlos Hyde looked like crap here last year, and he did a number on us behind the Texans' OL. Really the only OL we have that I would say is a solid starter or better is Linder, and he's an injury waiting to happen. Norwell hasn't played up to his contract, Taylor's a rookie that loves to hold, Robinson is going to take time to get back up to speed, and A.J. Cann's picture is right next to "godawful" in the dictionary. I'm not saying that Three-point-fournette is necessarily any good, but I am saying that our OL has been pretty consistently awful the last couple of years, and that's coincided with his decline from a promising rookie season.
I also noticed a few times yesterday that Minshew checked out of a play and called for a run but he ran Fournette directly into the blitz.

I noticed this one glaring time.

Pressure from the left side of the OL showed. Minshew wisely audibles to a quick slant behind the ru...... oh... no... he audibled into a run for -4... ouch.
(09-20-2019, 03:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Did some digging

Small sample size stat but Fournettes ypc on different downs:

1st down : 24 attempts 110 yards 4.6 ypc

2nd down: 14 attempts 41 yards 2.9 ypc

3rd down : 4 attempts 27 yards 6.8 ypc

Ypc doesn't tell you the full story bout a run game at all but something to monitor at least

Does that include the 69-yard run from last night?

Why would you call him “3.4nette”? 3.4 is a damn good rush in the NFL. I think 2.4nette is better

Why would you call him “3.4nette”? 3.4 is a damn good rush in the NFL. I think 2.4nette is better
(09-20-2019, 02:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2019, 01:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I saw a stat that we have used a 3WR set 71% of the time. 

Most of our early down runs seem to be via heavier sets though. Changing that up would help some

*seem*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5