Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cops still make a marijuana arrest every 49 seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And they wonder why the jails/prisons are over crowded

Legalize it NOW!!!

Cops still make a marijuana arrest every 49 seconds

Support for marijuana legalization might be at a national all-time high, but not a single minute passes in U.S. without a cop pinching someone for weed.

Crime data released by the FBI shows that police made 643,000 marijuana-related arrests in 2015, the lowest it's been in 20 years. That figure still translates to a pot bust every 49 seconds. And nearly nine out of ten of these arrests were for possession as opposed to sale or cultivation, the data shows.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/10/01/co.../21484511/

I never thought I'd be clicking "Like" on a Clickbaiter post.

STOP BREAKING THE LAW [BLEEP]!!!!!!!!!!
In Maryland, 10 grams or under is just a traffic ticket, but they're making money off it.

They may take our lives but they'llnevee take my gaaaanjaaaaa
It is ridiculous. Alcohol is perfectly legal, yet it is way more dangerous than weed. I have no idea why one is acceptable and the other is not. It makes no sense.

Quote:I never thought I'd be clicking "Like" on a Clickbaiter post.

Drifter is love, Drifter is life.
Quote:Drifter is love, Drifter is life.
That's pot, silly.
Quote:That's pot, silly.

L

S

Drifter
Quote:It is ridiculous. Alcohol is perfectly legal, yet it is way more dangerous than weed. I have no idea why one is acceptable and the other is not. It makes no sense.

It all grew out of a propaganda campaign targeting refugees from the Mexican revolution in the early 1900s. Southern whites demonized the plant, used for both medicinal and recreational purposes by the Mexican immigrants, as a way of controlling them.

Quote:It all grew out of a propaganda campaign targeting refugees from the Mexican revolution in the early 1900s. Southern whites demonized the plant, used for both medicinal and recreational purposes by the Mexican immigrants, as a way of controlling them.

For real? I always heard that it was based on the the paper industry not wanting hemp to take over so they put pressure on the government to favour paper.
Quote:For real? I always heard that it was based on the the paper industry not wanting hemp to take over so they put pressure on the government to favour paper.

that's what I always read as well. either way it's morphed into a money making machine, the "war on pot" is the biggest fundraiser of the state today.
Quote:For real? I always heard that it was based on the the paper industry not wanting hemp to take over so they put pressure on the government to favour paper.

Hemp cultivation wasn't banned by the Feds until 1970. Some states allow cultivation of industrial hemp now, useless for medicinal and recreational cannabis users, and of course all types of cannabis are grown in the Free United States (mainly Colorado).

It's very possible paper companies tried what you mentioned at state or local levels. Capitalists gonna be capitalists, don't want government interference unless it gives them an edge.