Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This loss was on the defense. I am offically on the Fire Todd Wash bandwagon. (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Is how Wash's defense let Denver walk down the field for the go-ahead TD.

He's got to go
(09-30-2019, 06:31 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Is how Wash's defense let Denver walk down the field for the go-ahead TD.

He's got to go

Also lost in your hype is how the Jag's offense responded after the TD to win the game. Sometimes the other team scores, you have to deal with it.
(09-30-2019, 06:33 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2019, 06:31 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Is how Wash's defense let Denver walk down the field for the go-ahead TD.

He's got to go

Also lost in your hype is how the Jag's offense responded after the TD to win the game. Sometimes the other team scores, you have to deal with it.

No!

We must fire our coaches for winning!

He's got to go

Come on, guys.  Haven't you learned yet, this week's zero is next week's hero.  

If we had the posters on this message board captaining this ship, we'd be zig-zagging all over the ocean in no particular direction.  Cut Minshew.  Cut Fournette.  Pay Ramsey whatever he wants.  Put Ramsey on the bench and leave him there for the next 3 years.  Fire the head coach.  Fire the defensive coordinator.  Fire TC.  Cut this guy.  Cut that guy.
When they showed Flacco's 4th quarter game winning drive stat I was worried. There were plenty (didnt get one yesterday though)
It was all part of the plan. Den. messed up and left to much time on the clock for Minshew. You cant leave Minshew with that much time
(09-30-2019, 06:34 AM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2019, 06:33 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Also lost in your hype is how the Jag's offense responded after the TD to win the game. Sometimes the other team scores, you have to deal with it.

No!

We must fire our coaches for winning!

Sounds reasonable.
Gave up 7 points in the 2nd half. Fire Wash Now
(09-30-2019, 07:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Gave up 7 points in the 2nd half.  Fire Wash Now

Thanks to a 13 minute opening drive in the 3rd. 

But agree, Wash needs to be fired
Not a fan of Wash or our system. We have some good players. I feel like their efforts are wasted.
I think the whole defense issues was because Ramsey wasn't out there. That loss transferred down to everyone.
Herndon may get more reps. I dont think he was mentally prepared. Physically he was. He made a great play early stride for stride and everybody got hyped. Maybe he was nervous after that.

He also didnt know until game time. More pressure on him. There were some plays by the front four where they got close to Flacco. But just missed him.

Really makes you wonder if coverage sack is real.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I’ll be honest here, after the Broncos 4th quarter score, I felt pretty confident in Minshew in getting the ball down to at least FG range.  Something I’d never had with bortles.  Another thing, even in 17-22 mph winds, the team trusted Minshew to pass.  Remember the Buffalo game in the playoffs in ‘17? They didn’t throw because it was windy! The team/coaches trust Minshew.  

Back to the Broncos... it was refreshing seeing the team overcome the penalties for once.  Holding, 1st and 20.  Converted!  Bout time.

Whoops, wrong thread

He's got to go

Yup, the worst prevent D I've ever seen since I've been watching NFL games.
I think just the opposite. He has a star DB on the sideline, along with a DE that wants his money. Telvin Smith is sitting the year out, and he has a new set of safeties from last year.

With our first round pick Taven Bryan not really living up to his selection, and having to start Herndon on the other side of Bouye.

I think he is calling it pretty good. We sat back in prevent because that’s what NFL teams do. They keep everything in front of them in that situation.

Bottom line is just win baby.
Thank god for Minshew. Ramsey’s not the center of the Jags universe, which is how it should be.
The defense missed Ramsey. Gave up too many yards through the air. Most of it was just poor execution.

The only gripe I had with Wash was the call to play soft zone with 3 minutes left in the fourth Q. Immediately gave up two big chunk yardage plays that way. He did adjust after that but they gave up the TD anyway. Unfortunately this seems to be his SOP when the team has a lead late in the game. Wish he'd alter that.
Same ol schtick from the same ol folks
I do not fault him for using prevent there at all. You play to keep everything under. But damn, they kept it under all right, just under 30-40 yards per in two big chunk plays. You don't have to play man but you cannot give up those two huge chunks there.
(10-01-2019, 09:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]I do not fault him for using prevent there at all. You play to keep everything under. But damn, they kept it under all right, just under 30-40 yards per in two big chunk plays. You don't have to play man but you cannot give up those two huge chunks there.

In the words of the great John Madden, 'the only thing the prevent defense does is prevent you from winning.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5