Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: No discipline, and that falls on....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This about sums it up: 

Brad from Jacksonville, FL
Vic, the Jaguars defense has been getting torched recently. The turnovers haven’t helped them, but they got gashed last week on the pass, then gashed this week on the run. Seems we have way too much money on that side of the ball to look like that.
The Panthers broke the line of scrimmage time and again untouched. The Jaguars defensive linemen and linebackers were freelancing. They weren't manning their gaps. A lack of discipline is the cause. Given the way Gardner Minshew played on Sunday, that's a game the Jaguars should've won.

Lack of discipline is on the coaches and it’s killing this team, between the above and the penalties; the patients are running the asylum 
It's hard to disagree
Falls on Wash. The players that keep doing it should be benched just to send a message
They dont use game film to study their opponent and then prep and practice, walk throughs. The just go out there and wing it thinking speed, talent and the Seattle Super Bowl winning D scheme will be triumphant. Colts D held Chiefs to 13 points with less talent.
(10-07-2019, 07:58 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]They dont use game film to study their opponent and then prep and practice, walk throughs. The just go out there and wing it thinking speed, talent and the Seattle Super Bowl winning D scheme will be triumphant. Colts D held Chiefs to 13 points with less talent.

You think they at least knew going into the game they were playing Carolina? Or just got on the plane and just winged it? Didn’t look like they knew they were playing CMC, maybe the put on a quick clip on the plane and thought “oh Danny woodhead? We got this!”.
It Marrone hasn't got it right by now he never will. I don't know exactly what way he's been coaching but high penalty counts can end up being a self fulfilling prophecy after a while.

My somewhat biased eyes thinks we get get called for nothing holding calls more than most but then again most fans think that about their team, even the packers and pats.
That’s what I was saying as well. This game was on Wash. We got caught way too many times.

It wasn’t missed tackles or missed assignments. They were just trying to gamble and got caught. That’s all on Wash.
I love how people still email Vic about the Jags. Vic rocks.
Jags started the game Sixth leading penalized team in the league, between that and this mediocre scheme playing scared rather than aggressive on offense, it’s forcing the team to barely scrape by when they could be lighting up. Coach has been carried up to this point.

Fred Jackson, said the way Doug left them, it was "like getting punched in the stomach." Watching the way he runs this team, well it is like getting punched in the stomach. Wait till your last drive to throw more deep passes in it than in the tire game? Despite the fact we scored in all four of the drives that a deep pass was thrown in?

3 TDS and a FG on the four drives we actually attempted a deep pass in. ONLY 4 deep passes the entire game until the six deep passes The last drive is unacceptable. It’s cowardly. Fetal position approach to starting strong and being strong, aggressive during the nature game.

Marrone is Beta coach, this team needs an Alpha. Fire Marrone. Get Belichick on the phone request permission to speak with McDaniels. We need a HC who knows not only how to build a team, but how to execute an amazing offensive scheme for our players to thrive in rather than be forced to carry the weight of this atrocious scheme.
The players have to regulate themselves if they dont want to be "disrespected"

Coaches cant keep having to reteach fundamentals.
(10-07-2019, 10:03 AM)Jagsbch Wrote: [ -> ]Jags started the game Sixth leading penalized team in the league, between that and this mediocre scheme playing scared rather than aggressive on offense, it’s forcing the team to barely scrape by when they could be lighting up. Coach has been carried up to this point.

Fred Jackson, said the way Doug left them, it was "like getting punched in the stomach." Watching the way he runs this team, well it is like getting punched in the stomach. Wait till your last drive to throw more deep passes in it than in the tire game? Despite the fact we scored in all four of the drives that a deep pass was thrown in?

3 TDS and a FG on the four drives we actually attempted a deep pass in. ONLY 4 deep passes the entire game until the six deep passes The last drive is unacceptable. It’s cowardly. Fetal position approach to starting strong and being strong, aggressive during the nature game.

Marrone is Beta coach, this team needs an Alpha. Fire Marrone. Get Belichick on the phone request permission to speak with McDaniels. We need a HC who knows not only how to build a team, but how to execute an amazing offensive scheme for our players to thrive in rather than be forced to carry the weight of this atrocious scheme.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcREKkGd1t6nHOktV8azC...4Sf4lQRImC]
(10-07-2019, 10:03 AM)Jagsbch Wrote: [ -> ]Jags started the game Sixth leading penalized team in the league, between that and this mediocre scheme playing scared rather than aggressive on offense, it’s forcing the team to barely scrape by when they could be lighting up. Coach has been carried up to this point.

I feel like nobody else is talking about this. They seem to make the worse play calls on offense time and time again. Minshew is passing non stop and hitting every against Carolina's zone, lets run Fournette into a wall 2-3 times in a row and punt the ball! It's not that they aren't letting him throw because they are but it just seems like the switch it up at the worse damn times. I'm also extremely sick of trying to force feed Fournette the ball with how bad the run blocking is. He's not a RB who can make something out of nothing.

Also wasn't our OC fired from Minnesota because he passed the ball way too much and wouldn't run it? Kinda feel like that's the OC I want to see right now.
(10-07-2019, 10:43 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]

I feel like nobody else is talking about this. They seem to make the worse play calls on offense time and time again. Minshew is passing non stop and hitting every against Carolina's zone, lets run Fournette into a wall 2-3 times in a row and punt the ball! It's not that they aren't letting him throw because they are but it just seems like the switch it up at the worse damn times. I'm also extremely sick of trying to force feed Fournette the ball with how bad the run blocking is. He's not a RB who can make something out of nothing.

Also wasn't our OC fired from Minnesota because he passed the ball way too much and wouldn't run it? Kinda feel like that's the OC I want to see right now.

No one else is talking about it because it's a pile of horse [BLEEP].  

The offensive scheme is fine. DeFilippo is doing a good job managing Minshew despite issues on the line and a hot and cold run game.
(10-07-2019, 10:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 10:43 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like nobody else is talking about this. They seem to make the worse play calls on offense time and time again. Minshew is passing non stop and hitting every against Carolina's zone, lets run Fournette into a wall 2-3 times in a row and punt the ball! It's not that they aren't letting him throw because they are but it just seems like the switch it up at the worse damn times. I'm also extremely sick of trying to force feed Fournette the ball with how bad the run blocking is. He's not a RB who can make something out of nothing.

The offensive scheme is fine. DeFilippo is doing a good job managing Minshew despite issues on the line and a hot and cold run game.

Lol.. keep telling yourself that. The only reason people aren't talking about it is because the defense playing so bad, jalen ramsey, and fire todd wash are more fun things to talk about.  

Minshew has shown he doesn't need managed with a poor run game.
(10-07-2019, 10:52 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 10:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]No one else is talking about it because it's a pile of horse [BLEEP].  

Lol.. keep telling yourself that. The only reason people aren't talking about it is because the defense playing so bad, jalen ramsey, and fire todd wash are more fun things to talk about.  

Minshew has shown he doesn't need managed with a poor run game.

That poor run game has produced over 400 yards the past two weeks.  Might need to start watching these games a bit more closely. 

By the way, coordinators manage their quarterbacks. It's their job. It doesn't mean he's mitigating mistakes to the degree Hackett did with Bortles, it means he's getting the most out of him. All rookie QBs require wise management no matter their ability.
(10-07-2019, 10:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 10:43 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like nobody else is talking about this. They seem to make the worse play calls on offense time and time again. Minshew is passing non stop and hitting every against Carolina's zone, lets run Fournette into a wall 2-3 times in a row and punt the ball! It's not that they aren't letting him throw because they are but it just seems like the switch it up at the worse damn times. I'm also extremely sick of trying to force feed Fournette the ball with how bad the run blocking is. He's not a RB who can make something out of nothing.

I agree on Minshew; but if Fournette doesn’t pop that one good run yesterday he’s on his way to 4 out of 5 disappointing games this year. I don’t know who is to blame. We’ve seen images of the huge holes that the line opens up and Fournette runs away from it like the plague. Even the announcers said yesterday in game that he was taking wrong angles or being hesitant when he needs to just *go*.
Todd wash has gotta go. No reason anyone from 2013 should still be on our staff. That goes for DC as wel
Penalties are on the player that committed them and no one else.
Apparently these days a coaches hands are pretty much tied as to how much butt chewing they can do. Don't want any sweethearts getting "Disrespected" don't you know?
(10-07-2019, 10:58 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 10:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]No one else is talking about it because it's a pile of horse [BLEEP].  

I agree on Minshew; but if Fournette doesn’t pop that one good run yesterday he’s on his way to 4 out of 5 disappointing games this year. I don’t know who is to blame. We’ve seen images of the huge holes that the line opens up and Fournette runs away from it like the plague. Even the announcers said yesterday in game that he was taking wrong angles or being hesitant when he needs to just *go*.

LOL

Everyone keeps trying to subtract good plays to contort the guys stat line. 

Newsflash:  All the plays count. There's a reason you give powerbacks repeated carries even when several are 2 or 3 yards. It's to set up these big runs as the defense wears down. This is an age old concept and it had worked the past two weeks.
(10-07-2019, 10:58 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]

Fournette was running well Vs the chiefs, we just had to play catch up. Ran well Vs the broncos and ran well yesterday.
Pages: 1 2