Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The next 4 games will decide a lot of futures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we sit 2-3 and all things considered, it's not too bad. Game behind in the South, we are ok. No need to panic yet. But these next 4 games

Saints (4-1)
@Bengals (0-5)
Jets (0-5)
Houston (3-2) London game

The Saints may be the best team we face all season and an elite HC. I'd love a surprise but I cant see us winning that one, but we have to win those other 3. 

We have the bye after Houston but a tough second half of the season and any more than 6 L's and it's going to be tight. Cant reach the bye with more than 4 L"s for this season to have any hope.

We wont win anything with these games but they are the games that can take you out of it.
Yeah Saints will probably hand us a blowout home loss.

But the next three games are winnable, and will make or break if we do housecleaning.
it's reasonable to think we will be 4-4 heading to London to take on the Texans.
I say 5 - 4 going into the bye week. Which is good because they'll need an extra week to prepare for the clots who have the NFL on notice now after last night's victory at Arrowhead. That's an impressive win.
(10-07-2019, 03:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]it's reasonable to think we will be 4-4 heading to London to take on the Texans.

I agree.  I think that this team can beat the Saints if they come to play in all three facets of the game (offense, defense and special teams).  I'm thinking right now that this coming weekend is going to be a home loss.  The next two are "should win" games.
(10-07-2019, 03:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I say 5 - 4 going into the bye week. Which is good because they'll need an extra week to prepare for the clots who have the NFL on notice now after last night's victory at Arrowhead. That's an impressive win.

Thats the hope but we are using up our mulligan's. 

We have the Colts twice, T*tans again, Bucs, Chargers, Raiders. We need a run of good games to get us going.

(10-07-2019, 03:52 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 03:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]it's reasonable to think we will be 4-4 heading to London to take on the Texans.

I agree.  I think that this team can beat the Saints if they come to play in all three facets of the game (offense, defense and special teams).  I'm thinking right now that this coming weekend is going to be a home loss.  The next two are "should win" games.

And that's my worry. We should win. But Green may be back for Bengals and Darnold will probably be back for Jets. Not saying that makes them a lot tougher but tougher than right now. 

I dont want to turn this into a coach firing thread but I worry if we hit that bye with 5-6 L's.
(10-07-2019, 03:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 03:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I say 5 - 4 going into the bye week. Which is good because they'll need an extra week to prepare for the clots who have the NFL on notice now after last night's victory at Arrowhead. That's an impressive win.

Thats the hope but we are using up our mulligan's. 

We have the Colts twice, T*tans again, Bucs, Chargers, Raiders. We need a run of good games to get us going.

(10-07-2019, 03:52 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I agree.  I think that this team can beat the Saints if they come to play in all three facets of the game (offense, defense and special teams).  I'm thinking right now that this coming weekend is going to be a home loss.  The next two are "should win" games.

And that's my worry. We should win. But Green may be back for Bengals and Darnold will probably be back for Jets. Not saying that makes them a lot tougher but tougher than right now. 

I dont want to turn this into a coach firing thread but I worry if we hit that bye with 5-6 L's.

1996 man. I see it happening. They started out just like this. It was a 3 - 6 club that showed a lot of ups and downs and were losing very, very close games early on. And then after that bye week they went on a tear. Winning 6 of their last 7 and getting into the play-off's with a little bit of luck. They could fall 4 - 4 and I would still feel confident with this team. Minshew should only get better as the season progresses. They've won games close and lost games close. 

It's only a matter of time. I haven't given up on this defense just yet. They'll start getting back to form sooner rather than later. It's just a streaky team with a lot of new faces on offense and defense and they're still working on the chemistry needed to make it all come together. It's there though. Just like the 96' team.
(10-07-2019, 04:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 03:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats the hope but we are using up our mulligan's. 

1996 man. I see it happening. They started out just like this. It was a 3 - 6 club that showed a lot of ups and downs and were losing very, very close games early on. And then after that bye week they went on a tear. Winning 6 of their last 7 and getting into the play-off's with a little bit of luck. They could fall 4 - 4 and I would still feel confident with this team. Minshew should only get better as the season progresses. They've won games close and lost games close. 

It's only a matter of time. I haven't given up on this defense just yet. They'll start getting back to form sooner rather than later. It's just a streaky team with a lot of new faces on offense and defense and they're still working on the chemistry needed to make it all come together. It's there though. Just like the 96' team.

I get you man. That's the only thing that's getting me, this team is so close to going on a roll. All our games have been close and if we didn't get flagged for that and if only we had made that block we would have won.

All our problems are fixable but that was true last season. Minshew has given this team something positive to rally around, if we can just cut out the mistakes.
Saints will be tough. Would be really nice to pull off a home win. The other 3 aren’t so bad. We really could have beaten the Texans the first go round. Sunday, if weren’t for the rook dropping the ball and the penalties, we could’ve gotten that as well. Could’a would’a should’a been 4-1. We got a good team. Defense needs to step up and the penalties need to stop. They, year in and out, shoot themselves in the foot. Get over that and play halfway to the potential on D and they could accomplish a lot.

Yeah, it was very impressive (I digress here: I am particularly impressed with LG Quentin Nelson). It was initially hard to imagine them losing last week to the lowly Raiders but...the Raiders don't look so lowly all of a sudden. This makes the Colts look pretty formidable.

Their GM is making the most of Jacoby Brissette's career while previous GM Ryan Grigson completely wasted Andrew Luck's.

I love the idea of our final game being at home against them. Could be for a playoff spot.
Knowing the jags they will beat the saints and texans and lose to either the jets or bengals.
(10-07-2019, 11:16 PM)Marylandjagsfan89 Wrote: [ -> ]Knowing the jags they will beat the saints and texans and lose to either the jets or bengals.

I would be over the moon if we end up 3-1 over the next four, if that's how it plays out.