Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Stats through 5 weeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just looking at the team stats so far. Obviously 5 games isn't a lot but its starting to show what teams are.

So on O

6th in yards per game (392.6)
5th in total yards (1,963)
9th in passing yards (1,294)
7th in rushing yards (690)
15th in points (111)

On D

24th in yards per game (382)
26th in total yards (1,910)
21st passing yards (1,227)
26th in rushing yards (683)
22nd in points (118)

Individually, Fournette is 3rd in the NFL Rushing. 512 yards on 95 attempts and 1 TD. 5.4yds per run average.

Chark also 5th on WR list.

37targets, 27 receptions, 485yds, 5TD'S. 18yds per catch average.
If we had those offensive rankings in 2017, we win the whole damn thing.
(10-07-2019, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]If we had those offensive rankings in 2017, we win the whole damn thing.

No doubt.   Too bad our strength has now become our weakness.   Unfortunate.
(10-07-2019, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]If we had those offensive rankings in 2017, we win the whole damn thing.

Yeah. That's exactly how it feels. Just can't seem to catch a damn break here. It never all comes together perfectly in one season.
Cooke second in the league in net punting yardage.
Cooke was hammering the [BLEEP] out of his punts yesterday. Set the defense up more than enough times to give them a chance to make a big play. Another good find by the front office.

Tell me about it. 5th in total yards??!

With the O like that, we just need the D to get between 10th-15th in rankings
leopold332002
We Did have those offensive rankings in 2017 but you and others choose to ignore them because of your Blake Bortles hate which is understandable and Minshew love fest and hype right now

In 2017 the Jaguars were ranked

6th in total offense 
5th in scoring offense w/:26.1 pts per game 
1st in rushing offense 
17th in passing offense

Like I said we had a good offense base on the rankings but do't let facts get in the way of the current feel good story.  All I ask is let get the facts light and give respect whenen credit is due. You don't have to dismiss one person to praise and appreciate the current guy right now

(10-07-2019, 06:07 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]We Did have those offensive rankings in 2017 but you and others choose to ignore them because of your Blake Bortles hate which is understandable and Minshew love fest and hype right now

6th in total offense 
1st in rushing offense 
17th in passing offense

Like I said we had a good offense base on the rankings but do't let facts get in the way of the current feel good story.  All I ask is let get the facts light and give respect whenen credit is due. You don't have to dismiss one person to praise and appreciate the current guy right now
(10-07-2019, 06:07 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 06:07 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]We Did have those offensive rankings in 2017 but you and others choose to ignore them because of your Blake Bortles hate which is understandable and Minshew love fest and hype right now

6th in total offense 
1st in rushing offense 
17th in passing offense

17th in passing yards in 2017 compared to 9th in passing yards now is a large gap.
(10-07-2019, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 06:07 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]

17th in passing yards in 2017 compared to 9th in passing yards now is a large gap.

That is true but let's be fair there's no one on the receiving Corp is as good as Chark is right now. Cole came on strong at th end of the 2017 season but never was as impactful as chalk right now.
Imagine if we had Rookie, Gardner Minchew in 2017. I bet we go 13-3, home field advantage through out the playoffs and win our first ever Super Bowl.
(10-07-2019, 07:09 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]17th in passing yards in 2017 compared to 9th in passing yards now is a large gap.

That is true but let's be fair there's no one on the receiving Corp is as good as Chark is right now. Cole came on strong at th end of the 2017 season but never was as impactful as chalk right now.

Still clinging.  

Wow.
(10-07-2019, 07:09 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]17th in passing yards in 2017 compared to 9th in passing yards now is a large gap.

Lol.
2017 was Blake's best year.  He was about average in 2017 and 2015, but way below average in his other three years.
If you just look at 2017 in isolation, it's not clear if Blake was holding his receivers back or if they were holding him back.
But if you look at Blake's whole time in Jacksonville, it's obvious.
Blake did the best he could and always had a good attitude, but he was always a backup in terms of skill level.
Look, I'm a UCF fan from their days in the MAC.  No one wanted Blake to succeed as our starter more than me, except maybe Blake himself and Dave Caldwell. But I let it go.  He's succeeding as a backup now.  You can let it go too.
Just call us the Jacksonville Seesaws..... #WHY???
"But but but Defilippo sucks!"

Anyone dumb enough to say something against Dflip should be banned right away.
(10-07-2019, 09:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 07:09 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]That is true but let's be fair there's no one on the receiving Corp is as good as Chark is right now. Cole came on strong at th end of the 2017 season but never was as impactful as chalk right now.

Lol.
2017 was Blake's best year.  He was about average in 2017 and 2015, but way below average in his other three years.
If you just look at 2017 in isolation, it's not clear if Blake was holding his receivers back or if they were holding him back.
Blake did the best he could and always had a good attitude, but he was always a backup in terms of skill level.
Look, I'm a UCF fan from their days in the MAC.  No one wanted Blake to succeed as our starter more than me, except maybe Blake himself and Dave Caldwell. But I let it go.  He's succeeding as a backup now.  You can let it go too.

I need to let it go!!!!!! LOL. I'm just bring facts to the table but ya'll want to celebrate Minshew while continue to bash and disrespect Blake in the progress.  I have said this previously that i'm good with Blake no longer being the Quarterback for this team and the divorce between him and the franchise need to happen for both parties. I was wrong about Blake and i admit my mistake but i'm not going to act like I need to continue to bash him to appreciate what Minshew has brought to this team. I hope Minshew takes us to heights that as a fan of this team needs to achieve and we can enjoy it every step of the way. However, we as a fanbase don't need to bash Blake like we're the bitter ex-girlfriend because he didn't meet our expectations so instead of telling me to let it go maybe some of you need stop bashing Blake to justify your praise for Minshew. I'm saying this because Minshew play as a QB has done enough on its own for this fanbase to appreciate him without having to diss someone else in the progress.
(10-08-2019, 09:23 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 09:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Lol.

I need to let it go!!!!!! LOL. I'm just bring facts to the table but ya'll want to celebrate Minshew while continue to bash and disrespect Blake in the progress.  I have said this previously that i'm good with Blake no longer being the Quarterback for this team and the divorce between him and the franchise need to happen for both parties. I was wrong about Blake and i admit my mistake but i'm not going to act like I need to continue to bash him to appreciate what Minshew has brought to this team. I hope Minshew takes us to heights that as a fan of this team needs to achieve and we can enjoy it every step of the way. However, we as a fanbase don't need to bash Blake like we're the bitter ex-girlfriend because he didn't meet our expectations so instead of telling me to let it go maybe some of you need stop bashing Blake to justify your praise for Minshew. I'm saying this because Minshew play as a QB has done enough on its own for this fanbase to appreciate him without having to diss someone else in the progress.

Good grief you have thin skin.  You take the littlest comment as bashing.
(10-07-2019, 07:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 07:09 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]That is true but let's be fair there's no one on the receiving Corp is as good as Chark is right now. Cole came on strong at th end of the 2017 season but never was as impactful as chalk right now.

Still clinging.  

Wow.

My man, we been debating each other for years and despite our disagreements i have a trmendous respect not only for your analysis but the way you regulate the behaviors of others on this site. Having said all of that, i'm good with Blake no longer being the Quarterback for this team and the divorce between him and the franchise need to happen for both parties. I was wrong about Blake and i admit my mistake on him previously on here but i'm not going to act like I need to continue to bash him to appreciate what Minshew has brought to this team. Again, we can be excited about Minshew and everything else he brought to this franchise without having to diss or put out misinformed information about the previous QB for this franchise because all i want is to be fair on anything we discussed Jaguars related.

(10-08-2019, 09:24 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2019, 09:23 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]I need to let it go!!!!!! LOL. I'm just bring facts to the table but ya'll want to celebrate Minshew while continue to bash and disrespect Blake in the progress.  I have said this previously that i'm good with Blake no longer being the Quarterback for this team and the divorce between him and the franchise need to happen for both parties. I was wrong about Blake and i admit my mistake but i'm not going to act like I need to continue to bash him to appreciate what Minshew has brought to this team. I hope Minshew takes us to heights that as a fan of this team needs to achieve and we can enjoy it every step of the way. However, we as a fanbase don't need to bash Blake like we're the bitter ex-girlfriend because he didn't meet our expectations so instead of telling me to let it go maybe some of you need stop bashing Blake to justify your praise for Minshew. I'm saying this because Minshew play as a QB has done enough on its own for this fanbase to appreciate him without having to diss someone else in the progress.

Good grief you have thin skin.  You take the littlest comment as bashing.

My dude, you don't know me and i'm not taking none of this personally because i have a life outside of this site to take anything you or others have to say to heart. Maybe, you might need to get out of your feelings instead of trying to psychoanalyze me because it not that serious i promise you my good man.
It is an odd feeling.... watching a QB drop back for a pass and read the defense. The biggest difference on offense, it feels like they can do it. During the previous phase of the franchise, it felt like a pick 6 was hanging right there at every turn. We can't have our QB involved in 3 fumbles but.... the game has better flow and they can do things. BB5 was like walking to school uphill both ways.
(10-08-2019, 09:23 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2019, 09:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Lol.

We lose all of the last three games during Blake's tenure here.  Blake suffered from Tennessee-itis the same as the rest of the team, and there's no way he leads the team on that last minute drive to set up the field goal against Denver.  Shoot, he never would have had the chance - the Denver game would have been over at halftime along with Carolina game, which probably would have been a huge blowout.  
After everything that went horribly wrong in that Carolina game, I had the feeling that if the defense could just get a stop or two we were going to steal that game.  I can't say that Blake ever inspired that kind of confidence.  Even in 2017, if we were coming from behind, it was the defense I was counting on to win it. 

I loved Blake.  I called him "The People's Quarterback," and I hoped beyond reason that he would develop into a franchise quarterback, but he didn't.  As much as I wanted him to be, he just wasn't good enough.  To say so isn't dissing him.  It's just being real.

Oh, and you won't be catching me saying a rookie 6th round pick would have won the Superbowl in 2017.  A rookie quarterback has never led a team to a Superbowl, much less won one.  Then again, Minshew is doing things no other rookie quarterback has done before, so who knows.  We can dream, can't we?  And who are you to crap on everybody's dreams?  This Minshew stuff is really happening right now.  Try to enjoy it if you can.  I will.
Pages: 1 2