Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The "flag" issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my opinion, this is one of the biggest issues that needs correcting going forward, just as much as anything else. If we expect to win games, this has got to change.

Against Count (44) - Tied for 3rd highest
Against Yards (359) - 8th highest
Total Flags (56) - Tied for 2nd highest

Sidenote, I was just curious the breakdown of most penalties by players on our team through 5 games:

J. Taylor - 7
C. Robinson - 5
B. Linder - 4
G. Swaim - 3
Y. Ngakoue - 3
R. Harrison - 3
It's god awful. On the second Chark TD when I saw a flag was thrown, I was CONVINCED it was on us.

And they're such stupid penalties. I think we had like 4 flags for OL down the field. [BLEEP] guys
I’ve kinda stopped getting excited for TDS until a half minute or so passes. It’s like every time something good happens there’s a flag. There was one after a long catch or TD then a flag came out. I knew it was on us and it turned out not to be. Was really surprised, TBH
(10-07-2019, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve kinda stopped getting excited for TDS until a half minute or so passes.  It’s like every time something good happens there’s a flag.  There was one after a long catch or TD then a flag came out.  I knew it was on us and it turned out not to be.  Was really surprised, TBH

I think that was the Chark TD I was mentioning too. I just knew it had to be on us. Glad it wasn't, obviously.
I know I've said this a lot, but I don't expect this problem to change much with Cam and Taylor. They're two of the bigger and heavier footed tackles in the league. They live on that razor's edge against EDGEs that are much faster than them. They have to jump the snap faster than everyone else to get that edge, they have to grab as they are getting rushed around more than other nimbler tackles. That's going to lead to plenty of plays where they cross the line.