Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Saints' D ripped the mustache off Minshew Mania
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Saints' D ripped the mustache off Minshew Mania

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...shew-mania

For the first time all season, Jaguars signal-caller Gardner Minshew looked like a rookie against a Saints defense that battered, confused, and discombobulated the QB.
Saints are (likely) the NFCs best team...

Proud of our D and not terribly surprised by our offense struggling against one of the leagues better defenses.
(10-14-2019, 10:13 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Saints are (likely) the NFCs best team...

Proud of our D and not terribly surprised by our offense struggling against one of the leagues better defenses.

Whatever makes you feel better

We were favored against the Saints, and now guys want to claim moral victories up in here EL OH EL
(10-14-2019, 10:26 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2019, 10:13 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Saints are (likely) the NFCs best team...

We were favored against the Saints, and now guys want to claim moral victories up in here EL OH EL

1 point at home is NOT "favored"  LOL

Have you ever bet on a football game?
It’s all part of the process to becoming a better QB. All the veterans have experienced it. Now the question is can Minshew and the coaches have a solid plan B in place for the next time this happens. Adversity makes you stronger.
(10-14-2019, 10:26 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]

No one is claiming any moral victory you turd burglar. lol

And it doesn't make me feel "better" it's called living in reality.

And we were "favored" by 1, line moved to 3 based on vegas bets. (Home team is spotted 3)
Which means it was a "pick em" type game...
And anyone who actually watches games would know Saints have been playing better than the Jags up to that point. Saints had beaten better opponents.
AND
they have a better overall roster. Mike Thomas is better than any WR we have (and I'm a big Chark fan)
Cook is better than any TE we have. Kamara is better than Fournette. Bridgewater in the very least is more experienced than our 6th round rookie.

Just jump already.
(10-14-2019, 09:50 AM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Saints' D ripped the mustache off Minshew Mania

For the first time all season, Jaguars signal-caller Gardner Minshew looked like a rookie against a Saints defense that battered, confused, and discombobulated the QB.
Thank you for stating what should be obvious to everyone! All I’m hearing these days is Minshew Mania talk, which is leaving me stuck in a permanent eyeroll condition! He’s another Bortles or Gabbart, at best. He’s won 2 games...that’s a 2. He’s LOST all the rest. Why is everyone talking about him like we’re winning every game? Who needs Foles? The Jaguars need Foles, that’s who. The very idea that the Jags would leave Foles benched in favor of Losing Record Generator Minshew is ludicrous. Just stop it!
(10-14-2019, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2019, 10:26 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever makes you feel better

1 point at home is NOT "favored"  LOL

Have you ever bet on a football game?

I've been trying to explain this to people. 
Betting lines are placed in such a manner to get people to bet a certain way. 

How many talking heads picked the Jags yesterday? 1? Home team is spotted 3, so "favored" by 1 really is a swing of two points for the Saints.

It's OK rocdee... you can just blame public education for your ignorance and I'll gladly give you a pass hahaha "el oh el"

(10-14-2019, 10:35 AM)TiredOfLosing Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2019, 09:50 AM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Saints' D ripped the mustache off Minshew Mania

Thank you for stating what should be obvious to everyone! All I’m hearing these days is Minshew Mania talk, which is leaving me stuck in a permanent eyeroll condition! He’s another Bortles or Gabbart, at best. He’s won 2 games...that’s a 2. He’s LOST all the rest. Why is everyone talking about him like we’re winning every game? Who needs Foles? The Jaguars need Foles, that’s who. The very idea that the Jags would leave Foles benched in favor of Losing Record Generator Minshew is ludicrous. Just stop it!

Nice first post. Now switch back to one of your other troll accounts.
Backup QB on the road and guys are in here 'content' with a loss lolololol
(10-14-2019, 10:46 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Backup QB on the road  and guys are in here 'content' with a loss lolololol

That backup QB and stellar defense are 4-0 since brees went down. That should show you how good of a team they are, but don’t let facts cloud your judgement
I'm still on board with Minshew. It wasn't a train wreck performance. They had better players, better coaches and good execution. The Saints are winning with a solid plan and keeping it in control for their backup QB. Honestly if Brees had played, this would have been a thumping. Brees would have hit the open receivers and grinded us down. We have a small sample size with Minshew but you can see he has a skill set that can work.
(10-14-2019, 10:46 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Backup QB on the road  and guys are in here 'content' with a loss lolololol

Who's content?

Don't confuse correcting your inaccuracies with "content"
(10-14-2019, 10:49 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]

That backup QB and stellar defense are 4-0 since brees went down. That should show you how good of a team they are, but don’t let facts cloud your judgement

So you're saying they're better without Brees?
(10-14-2019, 11:09 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2019, 10:49 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]That backup QB and stellar defense are 4-0 since brees went down. That should show you how good of a team they are, but don’t let facts cloud your judgement

So you're saying they're better without Brees?
What the hell are you even talking about?? 

The saints are a really good football team and they didn't drop off very far when Brees went down. How is this not the most obvious thing in the world to you??
(10-14-2019, 11:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2019, 11:09 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]So you're saying they're better without Brees?
What the hell are you even talking about?? 

The saints are a really good football team and they didn't drop off very far when Brees went down. How is this not the most obvious thing in the world to you??

Far be it from me to speak for you NYC, but I doubt you’ll get very far here haha
I didn't think Minshew had a terrible game..

I think the WRs really sucked and Flip didn't scheme them open - I really expected different route trees in the second half... but he continued with that old cliche Einstein quote.
WE have no TE. NONE. So they doubled the WRs.

It's that simple.

We literally have no TE.

(10-14-2019, 11:37 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think Minshew had a terrible game..

I think the WRs really sucked and Flip didn't scheme them open - I really expected different route trees in the second half... but he continued with that old cliche Einstein quote.

They best way to scheme them open is to use the TE.  They were doubling our WRs.  

But- we have no TE.  So we're kind of stuck.
(10-14-2019, 11:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]WE have no TE.  NONE.  So they doubled the WRs.  

It's that simple.  

We literally have no TE.

(10-14-2019, 11:37 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think Minshew had a terrible game..

They best way to scheme them open is to use the TE.  They were doubling our WRs.  

But- we have no TE.  So we're kind of stuck.

Then line up Ryquell Armstead at TE, I don't know. Get a body out there. (yes I know that'd be a terrible choice - but they'd have to cover him)

I'm tired of seeing Fournette nonstop too... it's like they don't think Armstead is worthy to carry the ball.
Receivers got zero separation. They were blanketed. Saints D is world class.

I am pleased, though,that our forum welcomes individuals with developmental disabilities to join and post on our forum. We seem to have a couple in this thread. Welcome aboard.
(10-14-2019, 10:35 AM)TiredOfLosing Wrote: [ -> ]

Let's all give a warm welcome to JungleCat Alt ID #7!

#7 ladies and gentlemen! Applause! Applause!

Please clap.
Pages: 1 2 3