Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wins the rest of the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How many games do you realistically believe we will win the rest of the way?  

@Bengals - W  (should win)

Jets - W  (should win)

Houston - L  with Tunsil added their offense is much better.

@Colts - W  (Pic 'em)

@Titans - W  (should win)

Bucs - W  (Pic 'em)

Chargers - W  (Pic 'em)

@Raiders - W  (Pic 'em)

@Falcons - W  (Should win)

Colts - W  (Should win)

By my count we should win 5 - 9 games.  Mostly likely wins the rest of the way: 6.
It would be very easy to argue our toughest games remaining are the division games. The outside of division schedule is pathetic. Chargers have no offense, although I'm sure Toddy boy will fix that. The Raiders have been a surprise thus far, but I am not sure how they are winning. Carr is BAD. Our toughest challenge appears to be clots and texicans, but we have the London effect for the texicans. If only we could bring back Bortles for that game.
We have some winnable games coming up for sure.
Our schedule is exceedingly favorable going forward. Please do not let this lull you into thinking we are on the right path though please Shad. We still desperately need a completely FO overhaul if we're going to win anything of substance in the anything close to near future.
We're so inconsistent it is hard to predict. The Bengals are the only team on that list where I look at and say we should absolutely win. Bengals look terrible.

Tampa and Atlanta dont look good. But we play them much later in the year so who knows how good or bad they'll be then. The division games are never a gimme for us. Chargers and Raiders wont be gimmes.
I would guess four more wins is where we are at.
(10-16-2019, 07:41 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Our schedule is exceedingly favorable going forward. Please do not let this lull you into thinking we are on the right path though please Shad. We still desperately need a completely FO overhaul if we're going to win anything of substance in the anything close to near future.

There's no need to revamp the front office ant time soon. They have selected/acquired true talent in the past years. If we want to question the staff, I'd take a good look at the coaching staff.

NH3...
Said it 1,000 times already. But I'll stick with it. I think of the 1996 club with this team. I don't know how it'll look by the end of the year with the W/L marks on the schedule but I think they'll ultimately finish 9 - 7 somehow and sneak into the play-off's.
I'm gonna say maybe 3 more wins if we stay relatively healthy if we have any injuries to starters maybe 1-2 wins finish 4-12 or 5-12 is my guess.
We’re gonna go 6-10/7-9 forsure
LOL

How many of these threads do we have now?

We have at least 6 more winnable games. I'd like to win them.
It would be nice to see us end up with a better record than the Rams
They said the Saints without Bridgewater was winnable. They said Carolina with a BU QB was winnable.

The only winnable game are the Bengals, after that its a toss up (bcs our coaching sucks).
Amazingly easy schedule. I expect the Jaguars to win 6 more games and end up at 8-8.
(10-16-2019, 09:45 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: [ -> ]They said the Saints without Bridgewater was winnable. They said Carolina with a BU QB was winnable.

The only winnable game are the Bengals, after that its a toss up (bcs our coaching sucks).

Yup.  People be delusional  on here.
(10-16-2019, 09:45 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: [ -> ]They said the Saints without Bridgewater was winnable. They said Carolina with a BU QB was winnable.

U Mad Bro  - Lol at your little Jalen avatar.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtvFJqCQt4
At the start of the season, I figured 7-9 was a reasonable expectation, and I think we're on pace for that.

I think this season is less about final records and more about future outlook based on a few key players on each side of the ball. If we squeak into the postseason, that's just playing with house money, as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not going to count the Jets as an easy win. With Darnold back I think they may be on the upswing. The defense gets after offensive with a physical style of play as well. I think we might drop that one.
(10-16-2019, 11:48 AM)JAllen#41 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not going to count the Jets as an easy win.  With Darnold back I think they may be on the upswing.  The defense gets after offensive with a physical style of play as well.  I think we might drop that one.

It's definitely no longer an easy win in my book.  Darnold looked really good vs Dallas minus about 3 or 4 off target throws. And their defensive front will pressure the QB. 

Their secondary won't play us as well as N.O. did, so that will be an area to attack. A healthy Oliver would be a boon in that matchup.

Who is this "they" that you speak of?  Also, I think that you probably meant the Saints without Brees.

The Jaguars lost by 1 score to a 5-1 team and a 4-2 team that are legitimate playoff teams in their conference.  This was also done with a backup QB playing for the Jaguars.  I think that the chances are rather good for a turnaround and a winning record at the end of the season with a real possibility of a shot at the playoffs.  The key is going to be winning divisional games which is very feasible (remember, the team lost to the Texans by 1).

I won't predict a final record, but I do think that the team will end up above .500 barring injuries.  The next game on paper looks like a "should win", but this is the NFL.  Anything can happen... you know "any given Sunday".
Pages: 1 2