Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags to Sign LB Malcolm Smith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Superb Owl!
Also bringing back Donald Payne apparently:

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...97248?s=20

I guess this means Goode and Alexander have injuries that will keep them out for a while.

DJ Alexander BTW seemed to receive his injury via Myles Jack who came in to clean up a tackle DJ was making but cleaned up DJ instead.
Any corresponding moves?
(10-22-2019, 02:14 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Any corresponding moves?

Probably coming out soon. Maybe an IR move and/or release in the next few hours. 

I think they'll want to keep Goode if he's going to be healthy before late season. 

Maybe Calitro and/or Ervin.

Quote:To make room, we have placed TE Geoff Swaim and LB D.J. Alexander on our reserve/injured list.

Jaguars twitter  ^
Lost 2 for awhile, it appears, in Goode and Alexander. They signed two in Smith and Giles-Harris. Not sure why they would add another in Payne, without cutting Calitro or putting either Goode or Alexander on IR. Hmmmmm.
(10-22-2019, 02:26 PM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]Lost 2 for awhile, it appears, in Goode and Alexander.  They signed two in Smith and Giles-Harris.  Not sure why they would add another in Payne, without cutting Calitro or putting either Goode or Alexander on IR.  Hmmmmm.

Alexander and Swaim to IR.

(10-22-2019, 02:26 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/fernandezandrec/stat...33984?s=21

That PS squad addition was made possible by Ankou being poached from our PS. 

https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...52672?s=20
Can I get some clarification from this past game in regards to Quincy Williams? I didn't watch the game but DiRocco said that he got benched again? Is that true? I know he was benched in a game a few weeks ago but it happened again?
Damn, Ankou gone...

Yeah what's with Quincy, he was all the rage early in the season.
Williams got hurt, and returned cause they had no one but he was not able to move like he normally doea as it was his hamstring.
(10-22-2019, 02:49 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Can I get some clarification from this past game in regards to Quincy Williams? I didn't watch the game but DiRocco said that he got benched again? Is that true? I know he was benched in a game a few weeks ago but it happened again?

I think Goode started then got hurt. (toe)   Williams came in and tweaked a hammy.
 Alexander came in and got pummeled by Myles Jack friendly fire. 
Then Williams returned on the tweaked hammy. 

I think that's how it went down. 

Maybe the hammy was an excuse to sit him more so than an actual injury -  but I've seen nothing to indicate that is the case.
Yeah, I know Quincy got hurt again this past game but DiRocco specifically stated earlier in an article that Quincy was "benched" in this past game.

I'm looking again and it seems he has changed his words in the article so maybe he fixed his error and it never did happen.
(10-22-2019, 02:53 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, Ankou gone...

Yeah what's with Quincy, he was all the rage early in the season.

Rookie learning a new position. 

I don't recall "all the rage."  Just a few splash plays that folks hoped would become regular occurrences. 
Hasn't happened yet.
(10-22-2019, 02:49 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Can I get some clarification from this past game in regards to Quincy Williams? I didn't watch the game but DiRocco said that he got benched again? Is that true? I know he was benched in a game a few weeks ago but it happened again?

Williams was not starting. He came in after Goode got hurt in the 1st few plays. Williams got hurt I believe and then the rest of the LBs got hurt except for Jack and Williams had to play.
Man....so we have TWO former Super Bowl MVPs on the team? Sweet.
(10-22-2019, 03:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]

Williams was not starting. He came in after Goode got hurt in the 1st few plays. Williams got hurt I believe and then the rest of the LBs got hurt except for Jack and Williams had to play.

Yeah, I know Williams wasn't starting. But DiRocco still said in some article that he got "benched" this past game. Seems like he took it back though because I can't find it now.
(10-22-2019, 03:06 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2019, 03:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Williams was not starting. He came in after Goode got hurt in the 1st few plays. Williams got hurt I believe and then the rest of the LBs got hurt except for Jack and Williams had to play.

Yeah, I know Williams wasn't starting. But DiRocco still said in some article that he got "benched" this past game. Seems like he took it back though because I can't find it now.

DiRocco does that often. 

He wasn’t benched. 
He didn’t start but got hurt in back up duty.
(10-22-2019, 03:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2019, 03:06 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I know Williams wasn't starting. But DiRocco still said in some article that he got "benched" this past game. Seems like he took it back though because I can't find it now.

DiRocco does that often. 

He wasn’t benched. 
He didn’t start but got hurt in back up duty.

Thanks bro, I knew that was the case but when he also said he was benched, it threw me off.
(10-22-2019, 03:00 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Man....so we have TWO former Super Bowl MVPs on the team? Sweet.

Chaaammmpiiiooonshiiip
Pages: 1 2