Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Westbrook injury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was reading Oesher's article from Marrone's press conference on Monday. He spoke about Westbrook and the shoulder injury that he's been dealing with. Hopefully this doesn't become more of an issue going forward. We can't afford to lose him given Lee's injury history along with all the TE injuries:

Marrone on Monday also lauded wide receiver Dede Westbrook, who caught six passes for a season-high 103 yards Sunday while playing through a shoulder issue that had him questionable on the injury report entering the weekend. Westbrook said after the game he has been dealing with the issue since a Week 4 victory over Denver and that he expects it could linger all season. “He’s tough as hell for a guy of his stature,” Marrone said. Five of Westbrook’s six receptions Sunday produced first downs. “One thing I like about Dede is once he gets the ball in his hands, he always has a chance to do something with it,” Marrone said. Marrone also said he expected veteran wide receiver Marqise Lee to return this week after missing Sunday’s game with an ankle injury sustained in a Week 6 loss to New Orleans.
I'm glad we have a tough kid like Westbrook, but i'm also certain this team could use more playmakers in the receiving department, both at TE and at WR.

Not that I thin Westbrook needs to be replaced; he's solid. I just think at this point Gardner or Foles need as much talent as they can get around them. And not just in the Oline
Lee is scheduled to practice this week, Westbrook just had a GREAT game vs cincy and Oliver has just entered the lineup.

I don't really see the issue unless we lose another WR or TE. If anything the injury talk maybe explains why Westbrook hasn't been as productive as we expected in a few games thus far, but he looks like he's playing through it fine now.

Worse case scenario is that Keelan Cole gets more snaps and I'm fine with that too if it comes to that. He seems hungry to prove himself.

Obviously, we'd like to have more healthy TEs that weren't signed off the street, but DeValve is a good blocker, as is Koyack, and Oliver should get some targets this week.

Not concerned unless Westbrook is on the injury report as questionable or doubtful this Friday.