Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: House really struggling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DBs w/ highest burn %

House 88%

Revis 76

Ryan 74

Tru.Johnson 71

Breeland 71

Glenn 67

Adam Jones 65

D.Randall 65

Verrett 65

S.Wright 65

Thats a crazy high number. He better up his game.
Link?

@Gil_Brandt
Are you saying that he gets beat 88% of the time?  I don't think that's correct.

Maybe a benching would help like last time.

He needs to be in the slot with Prince and Ramsey on the outside. When Colvin comes back, House goes to #4. 

Quote:Are you saying that he gets beat 88% of the time? I don't think that's correct.
That doesn't sound right to me either.
Lemme guess... PFF?

Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

(Forget it, they're rolling.)

While I agree he has been struggling, whether because of injury or illness or just a bad start this year, these percentages seem a bit off. I could find anything cited that related to these numbers either. What is taken into consideration with this "Burn" %? Either way, somehow the Jags are ranked #7 in pass Defense.

I find it interesting he is becoming the second CB on this team to show good promise only to flame out at an astounding rate his second year with the team.

GUS BUS

Number definitely seems jacked up, but I think we all can see House has been struggling a bit this year. Least of the worries at this point though. I just personally think he may be better in the slot. Prince and Ramsey on the outside can be dominant. 

Quote:Lemme guess... PFF?

Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

(Forget it, they're rolling.)

Not PFF
Burn % is measured by seeing how many receivers get a catch with a yard or two separation on individual cornerbacks as far as I know.

House hasn't been good but his high burn % can probably be explained by the fact he plays so much zone.
So 88% of the time a receiver catches a ball covered by House, the receiver has a one or two yard separation...so what?  What matters is the percentage of passes the receiver catches that are thrown towards a defender.  He may be high up on that list too...but I'm not going to look it up.

Quote:So 88% of the time a receiver catches a ball covered by House, the receiver has a one or two yard separation...so what? What matters is the percentage of passes the receiver catches that are thrown towards a defender. He may be high up on that list too...but I'm not going to look it up.

Its a stupid stat. You can see that by the way 3 or 4 CBS who have played lights out this year are on the list.
I think that he's just playing too soft he's giving his guy no matter who he's lined up against too much cushion it's easy to see when watching the games. Idk if he's worried about getting burned deep after matching up with Hopkins last year and getting toasted
Prince back this week Colvin back next game, he wont have a much pressure on him

The remains of a poor scheme fit for the team.........

House has been picked on all season so far. He has played pretty soft. We need Prince back.
Beer.

Pages: 1 2