Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jets still upset with Jags for running up score in 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2792...ning-score

I actually completely forgot about this.. not gonna say I’m scared of the Jets but I still believe this team needs every break they can get.. and this ain’t a break..

Thoughts?
Good news is Marrone is still miffed at the Jets as well for not hiring him - 3 or 4 coaches later.

There is no “mercy rule” in the NFL. If you don’t want the other team to score on you...then stop them. Otherwise tough luck.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have never been a fan of taking a knee and leaving points on the field when in scoring range. Especially if it’s inconsequential to the outcome of the game. Believe it or not, point differential in conference games is one of the tie breakers used in determining wildcard positions. If you have the opportunity to score, by all means do it.
Listen. If you have to circle back to that game and can't use that [BLEEP] whooping you took on national television in a 33 - 0 home loss on Monday Night Football as food for thought?

Ehh-Yikes! God help you. . .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I think they're just trying to find some motivation at a time when a long losing season is ahead of them.
To be fair, MJD did show MEEEEEEERCY when he took a knee at the 1 yard line. Jets were up by one, trying to give up the score to get the ball back. MJD/JDR did the smart play and took a knee, burned time out and kicked the chip shot to win the game. You don't like how they play? STOP THEM
Let's go for the "Over" again .....
Winning solves everything.  Big Grin
Running up the score?
Try playing some D

It's the offenses job to score and the defenses job to stop them.

I ain't trying to hear that crybaby bull [BLEEP]
If the winning team is expected to give up, shouldn't the losing team do the same? Or do the Jets think they deserve preferential treatment?
(10-25-2019, 07:08 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Listen. If you have to circle back to that game and can't use that [BLEEP] whooping you took on national television in a 33 - 0 home loss on Monday Night Football as food for thought?

Ehh-Yikes! God help you. . .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Correct. And I'm feeling a little disrespected they can't put a better product on the field.
Lol.... baby's!!
Jets really reaching to motivate themselves this week. It can't be too easy for Gang Green right now.
Okay.. so my buddy just said it’s a lock that Fournette runs for 280 yds. and 2 TDS..
Victory formation with over 160 seconds left is way more insulting!