Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Bortles next Derek Anderson?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He showed flashes last season and looked like franchise QB but so far this season he has made no progress whatsoever.  He seems to be regressing as the season goes on.  

Nah, Derek Anderson's regression was far greater than Bortles.  Bortles does appear to be regressing, and I think he needs a coach who can fix that if we're going to see him transform into a franchise QB.  He needs to make smarter decisions, and fix his mechanics.  Olson doesn't seem to think there's a problem, and that might be the problem.

I was having the same thoughts.
I find it telling that he played his best against a team who had never played him before. Both San Diego and Baltimore had prior experience with Blake and it kinda showed. I think the picture will clarify a bit more when we see him play Indianapolis.

Eh, Derek Anderson was never really that good.

Garrard, Delhomme etc. type QBs.  Pro Bowl in label only, not in talent.

I don't think their play or talent fell, just their hype after the dust settled.

He looked great against Packers, but he's just not able to win the games.  He'll make a throws that makes me think "WOW, how did he make that?!?!?!?" then next play he looks like he never threw a ball before.

Idk if it's coaching, lack of running game, O-Line letting him get sacked too much...? 

We can only hope
He looks a lot like Josh Freeman at this point. Can be fixed with the right coach though.