Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yannick deserves an extension....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not a fan of the other thread and its bogus title - as Ngakoue has clearly stepped it up and continues to show positive impact on the field.

The guy deserves his extension and we clearly need his talent - especially pairing him up with Allen, Campbell, and crew.

I just get the feeling that he is going to want out of this team regardless if his number is met - especially after betting on himself this year. We'll see though.
Sure, just not a big one, not money for a top 5 pass rusher when he is clearly not.
He will get one
He is staying a Jag. After Ramsey, the front office will get it done.
Please do not break up Yan and Allen for the next 5 years.
My guess is he signs an extension on the off-season after getting franchise tagged. It's not a cheap tag, closer to $20 million, but it'll hopefully lead to a contract.
(10-27-2019, 04:56 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Please do not break up Yan and Allen for the next 5 years.

Make it happen

https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status...5060410370
(10-27-2019, 05:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2019, 04:56 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Please do not break up Yan and Allen for the next 5 years.

Make it happen

https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status...5060410370

Oh my god. I love it. I want at least 5 more years of that!
I want to see Ngakoue and Allen keep playing together
Hope to see Campbell stay around too but not sure how many more seasons he has in him
I hope Dave gets it done and locks Yannick ASAP.

Get it done.
Cut Dareus and Campbell. Re-sign Yan. Taven will take another jump. Smoot will take another jump. The DL will be fine
(10-27-2019, 05:23 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Cut Dareus and Campbell. Re-sign Yan. Taven will take another jump. Smoot will take another jump. The DL will be fine

You dont cut Campbell unless his play declines. That hasnt been the case yet
(10-27-2019, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2019, 05:23 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Cut Dareus and Campbell. Re-sign Yan. Taven will take another jump. Smoot will take another jump. The DL will be fine

You dont cut Campbell unless his play declines.  That hasnt been the case yet

I agree with you 100%.

Campbell is still a force to be reckoned with on the line - even at his age which is impressive.

He constantly faces double teams, gets held, and still manages to disrupt/sack the QB. When his play eventually declines significantly, that's when he should be cut.

However, I think he will retire before the aforementioned occurs.
Houston's right side of their offensive line is looking relatively vulnerable early against the Raiders today.

Could very well likely see this defense repeat itself in London next Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(10-27-2019, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

You dont cut Campbell unless his play declines.  That hasnt been the case yet

Agreed. Keep as many good pass rushers on our roster for as long as humanly possible. Just by cutting Dareus and Norwell, we save $25.5 million, so we don't have to cut Campbell. Let's not make any rash decisions here.
(10-27-2019, 05:18 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]I hope Dave gets it done and locks Yannick ASAP.

Get it done.

[Image: 0a5b7a4b91d2c511adf65fb63e6cbd36_zpspevjhxfg.jpg]
(10-27-2019, 05:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2019, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]You dont cut Campbell unless his play declines.  That hasnt been the case yet

Agreed. Keep as many good pass rushers on our roster for as long as humanly possible. Just by cutting Dareus and Norwell, we save $25.5 million, so we don't have to cut Campbell. Let's not make any rash decisions here.

Norwell would be a 9 in dead money if cut. He will be here one more year at least.
(10-27-2019, 05:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2019, 05:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. Keep as many good pass rushers on our roster for as long as humanly possible. Just by cutting Dareus and Norwell, we save $25.5 million, so we don't have to cut Campbell. Let's not make any rash decisions here.

Norwell would be a 9 in dead money if cut. He will be here one more year at least.

It doesn't matter about the dead money. If we keep him next year, we owe him $14.5 million, if we cut him there will be $9 million in dead money, but we still save $5.5 million. I'd MUCH rather have the immediate cap savings and look for a cheaper, more effective LG.
Yan definitely needs to be extended. He was hobbling early in the season but he has healed up very well. We now have the money to resign him but we need to get that done early and not allow him to hit the FA market.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(10-27-2019, 05:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2019, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]You dont cut Campbell unless his play declines.  That hasnt been the case yet

I thought they might restructure Dareus but with his injury and Bryan starting to get better he's almost certainly gone. Norwell I can take or leave, and Campbell needs to restructure bring that $17.5 million hit down. Beyond that Marqies Lee would be another $5.25M savings in 2020 if released.
Pages: 1 2