Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Make Teal Our Primary Petition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Make Teal Our Primary
Give this a read and please sign!

After seeing the Browns organization respond to Browns fans about their jersey preferences and LA Chargers make a similar stand, I wanted to start a petition 

If you’re passionate about Teal, please please please sign. If not, go easy on me. I’m just trying to make a difference

Teal has always been the color tied to the spirit of the Jaguars and the city of Jacksonville since we played our first game on September 3rd, 1995. For years, it was a color donned by the best in our franchise’s history from Tony Boselli to Fred Taylor to Maurice Jones-Drew. It was an identity unique to our organization but as of late it seems like an afterthought. The fans have wanted more teal in our uniforms for years. On October 27th in a game versus the New York Jets, we wore our teal jerseys with the white pants. After seeing the teal on the field and the reaction from the fans, I think its finally time for more teal.

The solution for adding more teal is to simply switch our alternates to our home jerseys. This would not conflict with the “5 year rule” as we are not changing the design of our jerseys but rearranging the home set by making the Teal alternate the home jersey and using the black jerseys as alternates.

Growing up a die hard Jaguars fan, wearing our all black uniforms meant “prime time.” We’d dress in our all black uniforms on special occasions such as Monday Night Football or against our big time rivals like the Colts or Steelers. It’s time to make teal our identity again and make the all black unis special again
I miss the 90s unis

Black was our big time games.

White was our away games
(10-27-2019, 04:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I miss the 90s unis

Black was our big time games.

White was our away games

We didn't wear black in the 90s. That fad started when JDR was here.
done and shared Im with you
Get rid of the tights and make them jorts and im in.
(10-27-2019, 04:49 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]done and shared Im with you

Yes, everyone share as well!
I signed and I full agree. I think the white and black is ugly. This team was built on Teal, the reason I became a jags fan when I was 11 was because my dad was trying to get me into watching football. He told me to pick a team and I didn't know anything about the game or the teams. That was when the Jags and Panthers came into the league so I picked the Jags because of the Teal. I've never understood why we seem to always wear white and black. Personally I think Teal Black and Gold should be our colors, I don't care for the white very much but if we have to have the white then we shouldn't have black. It's either Teal White and Gold or Teal Black and Gold.
I'm ok with almost anything except the 2-tone helmets.

I liked the all-black uniforms we sported that one year (2007?) Garrard took us into the playoffs and we won in Pittsburgh...the ones with the gold jaguars on the sleeves.  They looked intimidating.
Teal!
https://images.app.goo.gl/qo6s1vgwfwF6Z9ry9

This is and will always be the best uniform in Jaguars history.
How weird is it that this is actually a serious discussion. Its like asking Hershey to put chocolate back in their bar.

No one except colorblind Khan actually likes what we have now.
15 people signed toward the goal of getting 100 people to sign.

Hmmmm..... Shad Khan is going to be amazed to see 100 people of our 1.5 million Jacksonville Metropolitan Population signed this. Pretty impressive.
I'm always amused when grown people give a crap about the uniforms.
couldn't care less how often they wear the teal jersey
(10-28-2019, 03:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm always amused when grown people give a crap about the uniforms.

Do you know what’s even worse? When people just don’t let people live. I don’t get it. I’m not a fan of golf, so I don’t watch golf. If someone (not saying you) doesn’t care about the uniforms, I don’t get why they engage in dialogue about uniforms.

I’m amused that someone would be surprised that people care about the fashion of the game in which a lot of us want to represent, invest money into, and take pride in the colors. You do know you watch a bunch of millionaires running around and play a children’s game... And to take it a step further, we both joined a message board to talk about millionaires playing a children’s game. So it shouldn’t surprise anyone that this subset of people care enough about color and clothing of the team we care about. I care about this stuff. I know it’s amusing and I know some people don’t, That’s why I said “if you don’t care.” but I take pride in being a Jaguars fan, have the color teal represents Jacksonville, and buy the jerseys. There’s only 32 teams in the NFL and I’m honored. 

Of course I’m not saying you are on this high horse. I’m just amused. That’s all.
These Wisconsin ones are really ugly

[Image: wisconsin-throwback-uniforms.jpg]

[Image: a-football-player-holding-a-football-bal...?content=1]
I miss the pearl coated helmets
(10-28-2019, 01:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]15 people signed toward the goal of getting 100 people to sign.

Hmmmm..... Shad Khan  is going to be amazed to see 100 people of our 1.5 million Jacksonville Metropolitan Population signed this.  Pretty impressive.

I bet if we shared the link on the team's videos in comments and on the live shows, we could get a lot more than 100 votes. But I definitely see your point LOL!
(10-28-2019, 01:05 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: [ -> ]How weird is it that this is actually a serious discussion. Its like asking Hershey to put chocolate back in their bar.

No one except colorblind Khan actually likes what we have now.

I like what we have now. We (the team) has the option to use different color combos.
They just pick the wrong ones (especially if considering what the fans...er.. the message board wants)

(10-28-2019, 03:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]couldn't care less how often they wear the teal jersey

Thank you for saying it correctly
Big Grin

(10-28-2019, 12:59 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]https://images.app.goo.gl/qo6s1vgwfwF6Z9ry9

This is and will always be the best uniform in Jaguars history.

I agree.

I thought I had heard a rumor about these being the "throwbacks" and we were gonna use them sometime during our 25th anniv. year.

But I guess rumors be lyin
In the past, I've had gripes with the unis, though it's a minor consideration for me.

Right now, I like what we've got.  How they choose to mix and pair them is just a novelty for me. Doesn't really matter.

Now that the warm months are basically behind us on the football schedule, I'm sure we'll see a little more black, and a little more teal mixed in.

I actually kind-of dig the teal pants 
*runs and hides*
Pages: 1 2