Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles Lowest Paid Starting QB In The NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile  According to USA Today, our Jaguars starting QB Blake Bortles is the #32 ranked, and  lowest paid quarterback in the NFL earning $5.16 million this season, while  the Colts QB Andrew Luck is the highest paid NFL reportedly earning $24.6 million dollars this season.  Hence, both Bortles and Luck are in the AFC South and will both face each other in London, England this Sunday morning, and later back in the US and Indy.  Anyone know's BB's current contract structure and total salary? Thanks!   Smile

Looks like they updated Amelia's programming.
Blake has earned every cent of his 32nd best salary with his 32nd best QB play this year. 

Quote:Looks like they updated Amelia's programming.

The admins are trying to get us to change topics. Don't fall for it!
Pretty sure Bortles makes more than Case Keenum or Dak Prescott
Yeah that's off. Like NCJag said he's not making less money than the likes of Dak Prescott or Case Keenum. 

Quote:Blake has earned every cent of his 32nd best salary with his 32nd best QB play this year. 

What about Gus Bradley, Greg Olsen, Doug Marrone & the running game? 

You're so dense man. You know that right? Must be from all that KY Jelly you ate as a child that you found or "stumbled upon" under your mother's headboard. 
He may be 32nd, but that doesn't mean he's the lowest paid starting quarterback; for that total likely includes backups, many of which (i.e. Kaepernick, Chase Daniel) make more money than he does because of his rookie contract.

Bow to your robot overlords!

Quote:What about Gus Bradley, Greg Olsen, Doug Marrone & the running game? 

You're so dense man. You know that right? Must be from all that KY Jelly you ate as a child that you found or "stumbled upon" under your mother's headboard. 
Yes, Yeldon's poor YPC is why Blake is missing his targets by 2 yards. 
Quote:Yes, Yeldon's poor YPC is why Blake is missing his targets by 2 yards. 

It's putting him in position to where we must throw 40 - 50 times per game. This was my concern when Olsen came here from OAK. We're seeing the same lack of running that OAK had. We swapped Fisch out for Olsen who was only responsible for an offense being just one rank ahead of us at 31st overall during the off-season we nabbed him. 

I think he's being asked to do too much and he's getting sloppy at times with his fundamentals. But that's what happens when you can't help him out in the ground game and keep him protected consistently. That's just common sense man. I am not saying Bortles is without fault or that he's got the mechanics of an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. 

What I am saying, is that, when you're asking ANY NFL QB to drop back and pass the football 40 - 50 times a game. Bad things happen. So far through three weeks. The leauge leaders in pass attempts are combined for 13 wins with 17 losses. All of them have a losing record with the exception of Joe Flacco who is 3 - 0 after he's played our cream puff team and another cream puff team like the Browns. 

The only way this team is going to succeed is when it plays like a balanced offense. Maybe Blake's fundamentals improve when he's not being forced to pass the football around against defensive schemes that don't respect the running game and decide to only rush with four lineman and drop the linebackers into coverage because they can simply win with just a base four against our run game. 

He's not a dink and dunk QB. These bubble screens don't help. He needs time to let the play action develop and he needs time to bootleg and roll around back there to create space. He was like that at the UCF. So far he's not able to play to that strength. 

BB5 is not the lowest paid starting QB.  The USA Today article doesn't even say that.  

End of thread.  
Quote:Pretty sure Bortles makes more than Case Keenum or Dak Prescott

I don't know about Keenum but obviously Prescott, who was a fourth round pick.
Quote:Yes, Yeldon's poor YPC is why Blake is missing his targets by 2 yards.

Yet he's more accurate than he's ever been.

So much for your analysis skills.
Quote:Yet he's more accurate than he's ever been.

So much for your analysis skills.
Logical fallacies much?
Quote:He may be 32nd, but that doesn't mean he's the lowest paid starting quarterback; for that total likely includes backups, many of which (i.e. Kaepernick, Chase Daniel) make more money than he does because of his rookie contract.

The key word is starting. Colin Kaepernick and Chase Daniel may be richer, but their contracts don't count for the purpose of  this thread because they are backups.

What about Kap's teammate, Blaine Gabbert? A couple years ago he was paid minimum wage for veterans - $400,000. I am not sure how much is current contract is worth.
IT'S CAUSE HE [BLEEP] SUCKS

Quote:Pretty sure Bortles makes more than Case Keenum or Dak Prescott

Cody Kessler and Trevor Siemion also.
How much is that per win?

Siemian is making $538,000 this season as the Broncos starting QB.

Pages: 1 2