Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josh Robinson to retire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Breaking News
For those wondering who Robinson is:

https://www.jaguars.com/team/players-ros...-robinson/
Very interesting.  I thought that I never heard of him until I pulled up with Wikipedia page and remembered this event form when he was with the Vikings.

From Wikipedia:
Social views
On June 26, 2015, Robinson publicly announced his beliefs opposing same-sex marriage. After the Supreme Court of the United States released their decision on Obergefell v. Hodges allowing same-sex marriages nationwide, Robinson made headlines when he compared same-sex marriage to incest and pedophilia in posts on his Twitter account. The following day, he apologized for his comments and attempted to clarify them in a statement through the Star-Tribune. He stated, "I apologize for any offense my tweets may have caused. In an attempt to express my beliefs, I created some confusion with my choice of words, and for that I apologize. I do not equate the Supreme Court’s decision on marriage equality with other social issues. There are obvious differences."
Ehh. I guess Trae Waynes will be getting some game action after all. Next man up!
(10-30-2019, 11:58 AM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Ehh. I guess Trae Waynes will be getting some game action after all. Next man up!

I think Borders might technically be the next man up. They should both be active though if Hayden doesn't travel.
Who?
Quitting.

Josh Robinson is quitting football.

I like to save the word retired for guys who had real careers. I don't retire from my job after 6 years of being a no body barely anyone knows my name and my impact was less than a memory. I just quit.
But if I hang around for 20 years and get a package and collect some bonuses or checks afterwards and people remember who I was after throwing me a retirement party... That's retirement!
He'll probably retire from insurance sales when he's 67 like the rest of us normal non-football people.

Maybe that's just me. Maybe I'm just a lil grumpy today haha
(10-30-2019, 12:14 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Quitting.

I like to save the word retired for guys who had real careers. I don't retire from my job after 6 years of being a no body barely anyone knows my name and my impact was less than a memory. I just quit.
But if I hang around for 20 years and get a package and collect some bonuses or checks afterwards and people remember who I was after throwing me a retirement party... That's retirement!
He'll probably retire from insurance sales when he's 67 like the rest of us normal non-football people.

Yeah,  You're being kind-of silly here. 
A third round pick turned journeyman who likely stashed some good saving after 8 years in the league. 
Most cats don't get past year three.  Getting a second contract at all is a win for these guys. 
We don't know why he chose to hang it up right now. Probably just sees himself getting beat out by younger depth players. 

85games 
148 tackles (132 solo)
15 passes defensed
five INT

There ya go lol

At least you are self aware.
He was one of the top performers on coverage teams.

Today?

Josh Robinson probably set himself up for life. Do you risk concussions every time you show up for work?

Yeah, what a quitter.
Ewww this jerk was on our team? Glad he’s gone
Good for him for hitting the magic number on his net worth and getting into a safer line of work.
(10-30-2019, 12:45 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]

Today?

Josh Robinson probably set himself up for life. Do you risk concussions every time you show up for work?

Yeah, what a quitter.

You miss me over the in politics section eh?

(10-30-2019, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah,  You're being kind-of silly here. 
A third round pick turned journeyman who likely stashed some good saving after 8 years in the league. 
Most cats don't get past year three.  Getting a second contract at all is a win for these guys. 
We don't know why he chose to hang it up right now. Probably just sees himself getting beat out by younger depth players. 

85games 
148 tackles (132 solo)
15 passes defensed
five INT

Alright... so I overstepped a bit with this guy.

The "news" of Brock Osweiler "retiring" is still fresh on my mind.

"Good for him" for sure. Any guy who can make a few milly playing a game and make it out CTE-less is a winner.

I give a good eye roll to each and every person who used my post to make themselves feel better as a person though. You're the real MVPs!
Laughing
(10-30-2019, 11:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Very interesting.  I thought that I never heard of him until I pulled up with Wikipedia page and remembered this event form when he was with the Vikings.

From Wikipedia:
Social views
On June 26, 2015, Robinson publicly announced his beliefs opposing same-sex marriage. After the Supreme Court of the United States released their decision on Obergefell v. Hodges allowing same-sex marriages nationwide, Robinson made headlines when he compared same-sex marriage to incest and pedophilia in posts on his Twitter account. The following day, he apologized for his comments and attempted to clarify them in a statement through the Star-Tribune. He stated, "I apologize for any offense my tweets may have caused. In an attempt to express my beliefs, I created some confusion with my choice of words, and for that I apologize. I do not equate the Supreme Court’s decision on marriage equality with other social issues. There are obvious differences."

What does this have to do with football? I could care less what any player believes as long as they play well and stay out of trouble.