Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We have the best rookie class so far!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The front office has done pretty well with the drafting the last few years.
I’m fine with what caldwell has done.
But...but...but...they need to be fired.
(10-31-2019, 06:35 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]But...but...but...they need to be fired.

I'm as guilty as the next person- they lose a couple of games, and I want to fire everybody, they win a few games and everything is bright and shiny.   It's a good thing the fans (and that includes me) don't run the team.
lol @ giving the FO credit for taking Josh friggin Allen at #7. One hundred percent (In my NYCJag voice) of GMs would have taken him right there.

But we do have the best rookie class, don't we folks?
All this publicity is putting undue pressure on our budding talent. Gene Smith had it right, overdraft undertalented guys, no media pressure, plenty of opportunity to pick more undertalented guys. If these guys do well, we'll be stuck drafting at the bottom of every round...we all know what happened the last time we weren't picking in the top 10.

GET IT RIGHT, TOM, DAVE, TONY.

Next thing you know, there's going to be a waiting list to get tickets to the game. My pitchfork is ready.
(10-31-2019, 08:20 AM)Orocdee Wrote: [ -> ]lol @ giving the FO credit for taking Josh friggin Allen at #7. One hundred percent (In my NYCJag voice) of GMs would have taken him right there.

**Stares straight at a picture of Dan Snyder**

....For some reason, I seriously doubt that.
God, just thinking about the Gene Smith days makes me feel no pity for the man being fired on his birthday. None. He literally ran this team into the ground.

Caldwell may not have a perfect record, but he has definitely brought some real talent to this team...and also some busts too. But I suppose that's every team too.
(10-31-2019, 08:20 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]lol @ giving the FO credit for taking Josh friggin Allen at #7. One hundred percent (In my NYCJag voice) of GMs would have taken him right there.

Except the Raiders and the other 4 GMs after Bosa pick LOL
(10-31-2019, 09:08 AM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2019, 08:20 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]lol @ giving the FO credit for taking Josh friggin Allen at #7. One hundred percent (In my NYCJag voice) of GMs would have taken him right there.

jets
bucs
raiders

All prolly should have gone with Allen over their picks.  You can make a case for the giants needing QB I guess.
(10-31-2019, 09:08 AM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm sorry, did those teams pick 7th overall?
(10-31-2019, 09:16 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2019, 09:08 AM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]  Except the Raiders and the other 4 GMs after Bosa pick LOL

Allen fell to us just like Ramsey did.  I guess the FO gets credit for not completely failing on the pick, ala gene smith.  i like the chark pick and actually wanted him after the combine the year we got him.  The late rounds are what keep me optimistic about caldwell, since he does hit more often than not.  Resigning talent and bad extensions are why i have pause.  Rookie class is doing good though.
(10-31-2019, 08:50 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2019, 08:20 AM)Orocdee Wrote: [ -> ]lol @ giving the FO credit for taking Josh friggin Allen at #7. One hundred percent (In my NYCJag voice) of GMs would have taken him right there.

**Stares straight at a picture of Dan Snyder**

....For some reason, I seriously doubt that.

Al Davis also comes to mind... passing on talent for speed

Something was highlighted in another thread or post about the FO that I hadn't really thought about (talking about TCs time here)
Most of the big misses have been FA related, whether bad acquisitions or letting the wrong guys walk/resigning the wrong guys.

When it comes to the draft, we can't have too many complaints, as there will always be a miss here or there, but they're probably batting .667 or better in their drafts (most recently)
(10-31-2019, 09:08 AM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]  Except the Raiders and the other 4 GMs after Bosa pick LOL

No but they passed on him. If he was a lock to be picked cause of being a monster, he should of never made past #2.  Good for us as he is a beast.

No, they didn't. They also left him on the board and selected lesser talent.
You know it doesn't bother me that we pick well when players fall to us. Teams get cute and blow those picks and that has been us in the past.
(10-31-2019, 07:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2019, 06:35 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]But...but...but...they need to be fired.

I'm as guilty as the next person- they lose a couple of games, and I want to fire everybody, they win a few games and everything is bright and shiny.   It's a good thing the fans (and that includes me) don't run the team.

Your philosophy would have worked just fine between 2008-2016 in which we had 42 wins and 102 losses and failed to make the playoffs every year.