Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dede Westbrook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dude deserves a thread and this article is good reason to start one:

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...-week-out/

Important note here - 
Dede curiously plays quite a bit from the F spot in Flip's offense.  Knowing that elements of Flip's offense are derived from Pederson's in philly - that means Dede is running routes and playing roles similar to what Ertz would be doing in the philly version. 

F is your "move" tight end typically and can be placed in a variety of positions formationally, but are often tasked with catching balls over the middle in traffic.
(11-01-2019, 11:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Dude deserves a thread and this article is good reason to start one:

Important note here - 
Dede curiously plays quite a bit from the F spot in Flip's offense.  Knowing that elements of Flip's offense are derived from Pederson's in philly - that means Dede is running routes and playing roles similar to what Ertz would be doing in the philly version. 

F is your "move" tight end typically and can be placed in a variety of positions formationally, but are often tasked with catching balls over the middle in traffic.

The first guy never gets him down... that says a lot with how small he is.
The description of the position has me wondering if Oliver might be taking over some of those reps.
(11-02-2019, 09:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]The description of the position has me wondering if Oliver might be taking over some of those reps.

Very possible.  

(they can always work Westbrook easily at slot or Z if they wish to keep his snaps up)
I like DeDe, but if he wants to maintain a career in the The NFL he needs to gain 10-15 lbs. dude weighs less than me.
I do feel De Filippo has been seeing what he has to a degree early on this year. The WR group is very good but who works best in which position, who can do this, who can't do that.

I think that's the best thing we can give him though, options. We aren't dependent on one guy and have to get him open. If a team doubles Dede, you can move him with say Chark or that leaves other WRs in single coverage and take advantage like that. I look at what De Filippo did in Minnesota with Diggs and Thielen, they weren't top WRs before him, I think he can do the same here.
(11-01-2019, 11:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Dude deserves a thread and this article is good reason to start one:

Important note here - 

That also explains why he and Foles seemed to have such a great connection in camp. Hopefully Oliver can begin taking over some of those reps.