Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marquise Lee End Around
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Olson seems to send Marquise in motion at least a handful of times a game but we never hand him the ball. With Lees' quickness,don't you think he could pick up at least 5 yards instead of running it up the gut for 1?
Nah, he'd probably snap a hammy.

It would work for a team like the Patriots or any team for that matter that used it on us but we could never pull something like that off

Quote:Nah, he'd probably snap a hammy.
:yes:
Have you seen our run blocking?

For a second I thought you said reach around.
He'll run and get nailed by a safety at the LOS.

Give him the damn ball.

He fast.
We've done it in the past. Just not recently
Handful of times? It happened like twice last game, including the one where he reversed his field.
The play calls for Lee were pretty good in the last game. Those quick screens and crossing routes are perfect for him.
Give the ball to Robinson, Thomas and Hurns. Let them do their thing and mix in a little bit of lee and others to keep the opposing D honest. Hell, Marcedes has looked good so far this season. There are weapons. The Jags just need to use them. Look at what other teams routinely do to us, and try those exact things on them. What could it hurt?

I think it's hard to keep a defense guessing and honest right now. We've accumalated 113 yards on the ground through the first three weeks with just the runningbacks. Even when you add in Bortles amazing back-to-back rushing performances of 34 yards and 17 yards, which led the team by the way in those games, we're no longer the basement floor of this catergory. We're officially the rotten foundation beneath the floor. Which is sad. This is Jacksonville we're talking about here man. Where we've had guys like Taylor and Jones-Drew demolish defenses. Where even guys like Stewart still hold rushing single game performances for banking four or five touchdowns in one game.

We need to balance it out somehow. It's killing my eyes on gamedays right now just seeing the lack of push up front and the lack of running lanes. I know I've beaten this like a dead horse but the only way this offense will succeed this year is if that running game can get it in gear. These little dink and dunk plays where all but four defenders are coming after Bortles just makes it harder and harder to look like the offense we need to see and want to see. These dink and dunk and nickel and dime plays they're drawing up don't work. I'd like to see Robinson utilized more like Green was last night for the Bengals. They had him lining up everywhere. They ran drag routes, stop and go routes, fly routes, slant routes, etc.

Too vanilla right now. Just hope we see something different package and play wise on Sunday.

Quote:The play calls for Lee were pretty good in the last game. Those quick screens and crossing routes are perfect for him.
I agree.

And there was also that deep throw where Lee was wide open that Blake overthrew in the first half, if Bortles throw that right Lee has an easy TD there.