Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We can beat the Colts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know we are not looking great this season, but there have been flashes of talent and some very good plays. The Colts have less talent, more injuries, and no previous experience playing at Wembley Stadium. I know how everyone feels about the coaching staff in Jacksonville and will not waste time arguing about them. But I also know every week is a new week and we have a different opponent in a different stadium in Week 4. We cannot give up on the Jacksonville Jaguars now. There is still a good chance we can beat the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday, October 2.

So how can we beat the Colts, knowing our coaching staff will not change before Sunday morning?

1. Give Allen Robinson the ball

2. Pressure Andrew Luck all day

3. Win the turnover battle

4. Don't commit stupid penalties

5. Balanced attack on offense

The one I am most concerned about is #5 because or run blocking sucks. What else do you think players should do to improve their chances of scoring more points than the other team?

We can't even beat the browns.
Quote:1. Give Allen Robinson the ball

2. Pressure Andrew Luck all day

3. Win the turnover battle

4. Don't commit stupid penalties

5. Balanced attack on offense

The issue is that the four bold items you listed are not common occurrences for a Gus Bradley coached team.

Quote:We can't even beat the browns.

That is because the Browns are not on our schedule, obviously.
Even if we do beat the Colts (very unlikly) it'll be a big whoopty doo.. That means Gus probably will keep his job for a little while longer making us even worse.. Also, we'd just lose the following week giving the Bears there first win

Quote:The issue is that the four bold items you listed are not common occurrences for a Gus Bradley coached team.

Allen Robinson got the ball a lot last year.
Quote:Allen Robinson got the ball a lot last year.

Hence why it wasn't bold, obviously.

Hurns needs to be fed. Blake is staring ARob down too much. Our whole offense is misused and its asinine
Quote:Hurns needs to be fed. Blake is staring ARob down too much. Our whole offense is misused and its asinine

I agree.

In fact, #1 and #5 contradict each other. If the offense "keys" to victory include "giving Allen Robinson ball" that isn't, by definition balanced. The targets / touches need to be distributed between ARob, Hurns, and Julius Thomas. As of now, teams now they can double ARob and Bortles will still try and "fit it in" instead of checking down to Hurns, Julius, or even Yeldon / Ivory.

With the players we have, we should be able to destroy the clots...but we won't.

I know for a fact we won't lose the week after the clots game.
I wasn't aware that the Broncos were playing the Colts? I thought we were playing the Colts?

Quote:Allen Robinson got the ball a lot last year.

You do realize your post doesn't make sense in response to his. He clearly stated the items in bold. The four in bold do not include that. You get on people constantly for similar things such as this but you do it.

We can beat the Colts but the odds are not in our favor.

I haven't given up on the Jaguars. I've given up on Gus, Olson and the majority of this coaching staff.
Quote:I know for a fact we won't lose the week after the clots game.

It's possible. If we don't fire Gus I'd consider that a big L.
Quote:I know for a fact we won't lose the week after the clots game.

If anyone can pull that off it's Gus and his Jagwires.
Looks like Fowler might not play.
The title is more accurate than you know...

I can throw a spiral and arm tackle. Can anyone fall down long enough to slow a defender? I think we can take the Jags! Who's with me?

Quote:I agree.

In fact, #1 and #5 contradict each other. If the offense "keys" to victory include "giving Allen Robinson ball" that isn't, by definition balanced. The targets / touches need to be distributed between ARob, Hurns, and Julius Thomas. As of now, teams now they can double ARob and Bortles will still try and "fit it in" instead of checking down to Hurns, Julius, or even Yeldon / Ivory.

They do not contradict each other. When Bortles passes, Robinson needs to get the ball. But we can't pass pass pass all day long.

Of course we want Hurns to get it too. No doubt about that. I am not worried about Thomas. He is getting the ball more than both WRs.
Not everybody can get the ball at the same time, unless he's throwing multiple balls at the same time...but I don't think that's allowed.

Quote:It's possible. If we don't fire Gus I'd consider that a big L.

Not to hijack the thread, but Monday is still Week 4 and coaches are usually fired the day after a game.

Anyway, to stay on topic, the biggest question now is about our running game. Can we finally have a balanced offense against the Colts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4