Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Donald Payne for MLB...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
O.K., what I saw today in the abscence of Myles Jack is a true MLB. Payne played the part like a Boss. He was in the backfield, he was sacking and his coverage wasn't bad either. I was thrilled to eyewitness such play at the position. I'm not sure if GM15 will supplant NF7 for the remainder of the season but I pray that Payne supplants Jack.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
Payne also got dragged for nine yards by an average RB at one point.

Personally, I wasn't all that impressed though I find him to be solid depth.
I just hope that the new coordinator in 2020 doesn't have any qualms about making changes to the scheme and roles for the LBs.
Update: Jake Ryan is now on our 53-Man Roster which means he's also an candidate to replace Jack.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
I never once saw Ryan on a non-special teams play...
(12-01-2019, 06:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Payne also got dragged for nine yards by an average RB at one point.

Personally, I wasn't all that impressed though I find him to be solid depth.
I just hope that the new coordinator in 2020 doesn't have any qualms about making changes to the scheme and roles for the LBs.

I didn't see him get dragged as said but I'll be sure to look for it as I rewatch the game. I was simply pleased at the upgraded play at the position. 

Yes, I typed "Upgraded".

NH3...
I thought he was one of the few bright spots. seemed to be around the ball a lot. moreso than Jack.
he's better than Jack at that position, but that's not saying much.
He is like Jarrod Wilson.

Very good weapon on special team, good backup, not a starter for 16 games.
He definitely isnt the future
(12-01-2019, 06:44 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]Update: Jake Ryan is now on our 53-Man Roster which means he's also an candidate to replace Jack.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

[Image: mailing-fragile-item-300x300.jpeg]
(12-02-2019, 10:15 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he was one of the few bright spots.  seemed to be around the ball a lot.  moreso than Jack.

And a Bright Spot he was. That's how I personally envision the play of our MLB of the present and the future. I like Jack as a person to say the least BUT, he's definitely NOT who we need in the middle of our defense. Being our defensive play caller. Setting the president. Being the man. All of the above.

I don't expect him to be Poz, but I do have expectations. He needs to be replaced.

NH3...
He had a good game but it's far too small of a sample size to say he is an upgrade.

Plus he is tiny for a MLB at 5' 11" 217 lbs. He might be able to chase people around, but I don't see him as a guy who can shed blocks and hold the point of attack like you need from a MLB..
(12-03-2019, 10:26 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]He had a good game but it's far too small of a sample size to say he is an upgrade.

Plus he is tiny for a  MLB at 5' 11"  217 lbs. He might be able to chase people around, but I don't see him as a guy who can shed blocks and hold the point of attack like you need from a MLB..

Yes, thats way too small
If Payne is who you want at MLB then we’re in trouble at that position.

Jack is just gonna have to get better bc the talent is there.
(12-04-2019, 06:52 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]If Payne is who you want at MLB then we’re in trouble at that position.

Jack is just gonna have to get better bc the talent is there.

The instincts are sorely missing.
Our future MLB is not on our current roster.
(12-04-2019, 09:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Our future MLB is not on our current roster.

My thoughts exactly.
(12-04-2019, 09:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Our future MLB is not on our current roster.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sign Mike Peterson off his couch.

Agreed.
Pages: 1 2 3