Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Coughlin stays I think Marvin Lewis makes sense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Coughlin has a recent quote about Foles that sounds like he thinks he will be around next year.  Maybe it's wishful thinking on his part, maybe's he's been re-assured by Shad.  But if he's around, no Coach with other options would want to be in this situation.

But who's a coach without a lot of options?  Marvin Lewis who's used to front office dysfuntion in Cincinnati.
Please no.
*puke*
If Coughlin is still here next month it'll be a huge blow to any morale most of us were hoping for during the off season. You could be right though if he's been reassured that he's staying.

Marvin Lewis was able to make it through 16 years with the Bengals. He had his high's and low's like most long tenured head coaches go through in the NFL. But at one point he had that team on a 5 year streak of being above .500. That says a lot considering he was doing this during a stretch where the Steelers and Ravens pretty much took turns owning everyone in that division.

He honestly wouldn't be a bad hire. Just depends on who he brings in as his OC. When he had Jay Gruden he seemed to be at his best along with Dalton.
I agree that coughlin has got to go. That is a big no way to Lewis. The guy can't win a playoff game to save his life.

[Image: 7be119_a3adbc648a6d4278af7fb6367b791b8e.gif]
If Coughlin is still here then keep an eye on Matt Rhule. Rhule is one of the hottest names in college football and is expected to get NFL interest again this year.

Rhule coached under Coughlin in 2012 and speaks very highly of him.
(12-08-2019, 01:16 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: [ -> ]If Coughlin is still here then keep an eye on Matt Rhule. Rhule is one of the hottest names in college football and is expected to get NFL interest again this year.

Rhule coached under Coughlin in 2012 and speaks very highly of him.

After reading up on Rhule, I would be good if this happened. He has had experience coaching on both sides of the ball and did an amazing job with Baylor this season. Since he played at Penn State, maybe he could bring in Poz as the linebackers coach. 

I do wonder, however, if he would leave Baylor after just signing a long-term extension. Regardless,I'd rather have an up and coming coming rather than some re-tread like Marvin Lewis, Jack DelRio or McCarthy.
Rhule is the exact kind of coach that will never come here if Coughlin is here.
I’m selling my gear if that happens.
(12-08-2019, 02:22 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Rhule is the exact kind of coach that will never come here if Coughlin is here.

How do you figure? Rhule has stated many times that Coughlin is one of his mentors and one of the most influential people he has ever worked for.

Rhule appears to be a huge fan of Coughlin.
They got to start fresh. Fresh faces and fresh vibe. Get rid of them all. You’re just limiting options by keeping Coughlin around.
Hell, if we had to fire just one person, then it has to be TC. I have huge respect for the man's football acumen, but his personality and leadership style is just too disruptive.
Jags should give snowwolf a call. hes great at winning division games,and has a great imagenation.   Wink  oh wait im snowwolf.
(12-08-2019, 04:20 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags should give snowwolf a call. hes great at winning division games,and has a great imagenation.   Wink  oh wait im snowwolf.

Clearly imaginative.
(12-08-2019, 02:26 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I’m selling my gear if that happens.

Good luck finding a buyer.
Coughlin can't stay after today's game. He's done. Too much animosity and finger pointing between him and Marrone.

He needs to [BLEEP] go. Tired of it. Thanks for the memories. But good [BLEEP] riddance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(12-08-2019, 07:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Coughlin can't stay after today's game. He's done. Too much animosity and finger pointing between him and Marrone.

He needs to [BLEEP] go. Tired of it. Thanks for the memories. But good [BLEEP] riddance.

You mind filling me in on specifics of finger pointing between him and Marrone that you are referencing? Not being sarcastic, actually being serious. I might have missed something.
Get em out of here.
Can we delete this thread, because the sight of the words "If Coughlin stays" is absolutely unbearable...
(12-08-2019, 07:53 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2019, 07:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Coughlin can't stay after today's game. He's done. Too much animosity and finger pointing between him and Marrone.

You mind filling me in on specifics of finger pointing between him and Marrone that you are referencing? Not being sarcastic, actually being serious. I might have missed something.
Bold City guy and I think one of the 1010XL guy's tweeted it last week.

Coaching staff pissing on the scouting staff for sticking them with players like Williams and Wilson.

Disagreement between Coughlin and Marrone regarding benching Minshew initially in favor of Foles.

It's in one of these threads somewhere.

Pages: 1 2