Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 0-3 Is NOT the end of a season.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
And here is sound bite star Jim Mora {no LOL this is not the "playoffs" rant you know}

http://www.wdsu.com/article/jim-mora-the...ft/3865389

I hope above goes right to the video clip - otherwise you may have to click link on WDSU site. Jim was such a funny part of the NFL.
I thought I was coming into another MJF rant thread but it's a sarcastic thread. So fair play! Haha.
Quote:And here is sound bite star Jim Mora {no LOL this is not the "playoffs" rant you know}

I hope above goes right to the video clip - otherwise you may have to click link on WDSU site. Jim was such a funny part of the NFL.

It sure doesn't take much to get Jim Mora from going off.  LOL

If the Saints go on to make the playoffs with their current Defensive situation due largely to injuries and the salary cap,  Sean Payton deserves Coach of the Millennium. 
Quote:I thought I was coming into another MJF rant thread but it's a sarcastic thread. So fair play! Haha.

Thanks. 2nd time in my life I have been compared to MJF. So proud...
Quote:And here is sound bite star Jim Mora {no LOL this is not the "playoffs" rant you know}

is this the site that has all of the coeds?
Quote:Thanks. 2nd time in my life I have been compared to MJF. So proud...
Haha no I meant it's something you would be sarcastic and fun with it. She would be dead serious and tell us we're all not real fans.
Quote:Haha no I meant it's something you would be sarcastic and fun with it. She would be dead serious and tell us we're all not real fans.

I know man. It's all guuud.

That was funny.  Not quite like his other rants, but still pretty good.

There is a part of me that would like to think this about the Jaguars season, but...
If our offense can go back to last years offense with the defense we have this year we would probably be 2-1. I think we turn it around soon because Bortles knows he has to change and I think he will do everything he can and prepare well for the next game. Lets get a win and get some momentum going. 

Quote:Haha no I meant it's something you would be sarcastic and fun with it. She would be dead serious and tell us we're all not real fans.

I never said nobody is a Jaguars fan. Just the people who don't act like Jaguars fans, which unfortunately describes most forum members when we are losing.

Quote:If our offense can go back to last years offense with the defense we have this year we would probably be 2-1. I think we turn it around soon because Bortles knows he has to change and I think he will do everything he can and prepare well for the next game. Lets get a win and get some momentum going. 
This is where a good running game would help.  It would take some of the pressure off Bortles so he doesn't press, and it would enable him to make easier throws because DLs,  LBs and safeties would have to respect the run, allowing Bortles to attack over the top more often.
Wait a dang second. I was told it was over. So you're saying that I need to watch more, like exactly 13 more. Wow, someone dropped the ball.

That actually did make me laugh out loud.  Thanks for posting it!

Quote:That was funny.  Not quite like his other rants, but still pretty good.

There is a part of me that would like to think this about the Jaguars season, but...

It does still apply.
Quote:If our offense can go back to last years offense with the defense we have this year we would probably be 2-1. I think we turn it around soon because Bortles knows he has to change and I think he will do everything he can and prepare well for the next game. Lets get a win and get some momentum going. 

After the Packers game most people wanted to blame the officials instead of our offense for losing. In the Ravens game, I think part of it was just good plays by Baltimore's defense.
Quote:This is where a good running game would help.  It would take some of the pressure off Bortles so he doesn't press, and it would enable him to make easier throws because DLs,  LBs and safeties would have to respect the run, allowing Bortles to attack over the top more often.

It has been known for years one-dimensional teams don't play much in January. A balanced attack on offense is crucial to reach the playoffs. As we all know by now, that begins at the LOS. Without good run blockers, no RB will go forward if the opponent's DL is more than decent.
Quote: 

It does still apply.
Well, yes, there are still 13 games left in the regular season.  That is a mathematical fact.

Yes, theoretically, the Jaguars can turn it around to the point where a winning season is salvageable.

At this point, do I think they will?  No. 

I sure hope I am wrong, though.
Quote:Well, yes, there are still 13 games left in the regular season.  That is a mathematical fact.

Yes, theoretically, the Jaguars can turn it around to the point where a winning season is salvageable.

I highly doubt anybody on this forum seriously expects the Jaguars to clinch a playoff berth at this point. That is not realistic. However, the mathematical fact that we have 13 more chances to win means we have no reason to give up on finishing with a winning record. That is the point here.
Quote:Well, yes, there are still 13 games left in the regular season.  That is a mathematical fact.

I hope you're wrong too.

Let's take a look at the upcoming schedule within the division.  Looking at the next 5 weeks...

Jacksonville

Current Record 0-3

Colts - win - This is truely a "must win" game.

Bye

Bears - win - This is a should win game.

Raiders - loss - The only reason I list this as a loss is because it's the best team that we play in this stretch.

Titans - win - This is not only a should win game but almost a must win game considering that it's a divisional opponent.

After this stretch realistically the record is 3-4 at that point.

Houston

Current Record 2-1

Titans - win - I just don't see the Titans winning, even without JJ Watt out for the Texans.

Vikings - loss - The Vikings are actually playing well despite losing key players.

Colts - win - I gave them the win here because this is a home game for them.  Realistically at this point it could go either way.

Broncos - loss - Enough said.

Lions - loss - Actually this game could really go either way, but I'm hoping for the loss.

After this stretch that would put their record at 4-4.

Tennessee

Current record 1-2

Texans - loss - See my comments above.

Dolphins - loss - Miami has a better offense and the game is in Miami.

Browns - win - It's the Browns.

Jaguars - loss - By this point the Jaguars should hopefully be on a roll, though this game is played in Nashville.

Colts - loss - Playing back-to-back divisional games will hurt them.  I still think that the Colts are the better team.

After this stretch that would put their record at 2-6

Indianapolis

Current record 1-2

Jaguars - loss - Again, I do think that the Jaguars will turn their season around this week.

Bears - win - They can win here I'm sure.

Texans - loss - I give them a loss here because the game is in Houston.  Honestly at this point, I think it could go either way.

Titans - win - This is another game that can go either way.  Refer to my above comments.

Chiefs - loss - I think that the Chiefs will have "turned it on" by this point.

After this stretch that would put their record at 3-5.

So potentially the upcoming schedule for the division could put us in contention to push for the division lead half way through the season.
I love Jim Mora, God we should hire him as a PR guy, and after every loss just send him out and do everyone's press conference. lol.

Like us, the Raiders are not playing up to their offseason hype. I am still picking that one as a win.

The Bears rebuilt their defense only to lose several defensive players - at least one for the season. If our offense gets back to 2015 form, it is a winnable game. But I am still picking us to lose.

Pages: 1 2 3