Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Analyst Comment -- Hilarious
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone else hear the analyst broadcasting yesterdays game make the following statement in the 2nd half when the Jags were on defense:  "Somewhere along the line you need to realize that if you are wearing a black jersey, then you need to cover the players wearing the white jerseys"

Classic !!!
Being a coach of a team that draws a comment like that from a graduate of broadcast school should be boxing up their office today.
One question that every coach in our organization needs to be asking themselves this morning going forward:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Lol ...... Leon Searcy just stated on 1010xl that he wondered where players go after the game because they sure as heck don't want to be seen anywhere around town.
(12-09-2019, 01:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Lol ...... Leon Searcy just stated on 1010xl that he wondered where players go after the game because they sure as heck don't want to be seen anywhere around town.

Funny as heck coming from a former player.
It's sad....really, really sad.
at half time I switched to netflix to watch "The Irishman"
since the Jaguars gave me some time to watch that 3 -1/2 hour long movie.
The team has quit on bologna marroney .....much like they did
on the ice cream man.

Been expecting all day to see something .....ANYTHING.....from ownership.
(12-09-2019, 02:54 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]It's sad....really, really sad.
at half time I switched to netflix to watch "The Irishman"

I'm with you on that one.  I didn't go to the game this week and didn't even bother making plans with friends to get together to watch the game because I wanted to keep my options open for taking care of other things (since I blew off Saturday watching college football)
My buddies and I left the game before halftime yesterday. Never done that before. In fact, the earliest I've ever left a game was at the end of the 3rd quarter a bunch of years back - I did not dress for cold weather, and the onset of hypothermia caused me to bail.
(12-09-2019, 04:49 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]My buddies and I left the game before halftime yesterday.  Never done that before.  In fact, the earliest I've ever left a game was at the end of the 3rd quarter a bunch of years back - I did not dress for cold weather, and the onset of hypothermia caused me to bail.

In 25 seasons, I've left a total of 4 games before the start of the 4th quarter. 3 have been this year. It's getting ugly.
(12-09-2019, 05:26 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2019, 04:49 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]My buddies and I left the game before halftime yesterday.  Never done that before.  In fact, the earliest I've ever left a game was at the end of the 3rd quarter a bunch of years back - I did not dress for cold weather, and the onset of hypothermia caused me to bail.

In 25 seasons, I've left a total of 4 games before the start of the 4th quarter. 3 have been this year. It's getting ugly.

....the team continues to break all kinds of records this year!
The people in my row were shocked when I got up at the start of the 4th quarter and left. I’ve never done that before. I was ready to bolt with around 5 minutes to go in the first half, but decided to stick around to see what adjustments we’d make. Surprise! None! As soon as they finished honoring the vets I was headed out. The funny thing was most of the crowd had already left by that point so it took no time to get home. As soon as I got there I deleted the game from the DVR.

i listened to the fourth quarter driving home, and knew I made the right choice. This team is the least watchable bunch in 25 years. I’m really surprised it’s Tuesday afternoon and everyone still has a job down there.  Makes me wonder what Khan’s long term plan is with this team.
(12-10-2019, 04:45 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]The people in my row were shocked when I got up at the start of the 4th quarter and left.  I’ve never done that before. I was ready to bolt with around 5 minutes to go in the first half, but decided to stick around to see what adjustments we’d make.  Surprise!  None!  As soon as they finished honoring the vets I was headed out.  The funny thing was most of the crowd had already left by that point so it took no time to get home.   As soon as I got there I deleted the game from the DVR.

i listened to the fourth quarter driving home, and knew I made the right choice. This team is the least watchable bunch in 25 years. I’m really surprised it’s Tuesday afternoon and everyone still has a job down there.  Makes me wonder what Khan’s long term plan is with this team.

The only logical explanation for me is that he would rather dismantle this current staff in it's entirety in one fell swoop. Instead of staggering it out. Makes sense on paper. It's honestly the best approach for now. There's going to be several openings as well. Carolina and Washington are already open. Good chance Dallas, New York (Giants), Cleveland & Atlanta become new openings. 

I think Khan's banking on the fact that he'll have at least the draft picks in place to allure most candidates. And with the house fully swept. Every nook and cranny cleaned up. It should be enough to draw someone down here. I just hope he's been on the phone or plans on reaching out through consultants to assist him with the right hire. 

There's plenty of promising candidates.
(12-10-2019, 04:45 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]....I listened to the fourth quarter driving home, and knew I made the right choice. This team is the least watchable bunch in 25 years. I’m really surprised it’s Tuesday afternoon and everyone still has a job down there.  Makes me wonder what Khan’s long term plan is with this team.

(12-10-2019, 05:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]The only logical explanation for me is that he would rather dismantle this current staff in it's entirety in one fell swoop. Instead of staggering it out. Makes sense on paper. It's honestly the best approach for now. There's going to be several openings as well. Carolina and Washington are already open. Good chance Dallas, New York (Giants), Cleveland & Atlanta become new openings. 

I think Khan's banking on the fact that he'll have at least the draft picks in place to allure most candidates. And with the house fully swept. Every nook and cranny cleaned up. It should be enough to draw someone down here. I just hope he's been on the phone or plans on reaching out through consultants to assist him with the right hire. 

There's plenty of promising candidates.

Brings to mind an old saying.  A new broom sweeps clean.  Big Grin
A guest on 930 am radio this afternoon thinks they will let TC resign 1st and then fire Marrone and Caldwell. That was TC goes on his own prior to the firings.
This is not the worst jaguar team by far. Any of the Gabbert years where worse except the first with MJD. Also Bradley had some really bad ones also.
I've watched every single jaguars game for the last 14 years in their entirety on sunday ticket. Thia sunday was the first game that I legitimately turned off before halftime to watch other games, without even checking in on it. This is definitley rock bottom.
Ironically, this is the first game I have attended in person in a year and was there solely to watch my daughter in the Jr. Roar, which was the best part of the game. Leave it to our organization to schedule the Jr. Roar game in December when it could have been blistering cold and given a bunch of little girls the flu.

Oh, and I have a great idea that may make more people attend games. Don't make it $40 for 2 people to eat at Bonos.
(12-11-2019, 09:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ironically, this is the first game I have attended in person in a year and was there solely to watch my daughter in the Jr. Roar, which was the best part of the game.  Leave it to our organization to schedule the Jr. Roar game in December when it could have been blistering cold and given a bunch of little girls the flu.

Oh, and I have a great idea that may make more people attend games. Don't make it $40 for 2 people to eat at Bonos.
Blistering Cold?!

My man. You live in Florida. You don't know what blistering cold is......