Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Head coaching candidates to consider
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NFL.com has a comprehensive list here:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...gets-going

Mike McCarthy, Ron Rivera, and Raheem Morris are the experienced NFL HCs that have some interest for me.

Eric Bieniemy, Matt Eberflus, and Brian Shottenhiemer are the NFL assistants that stand out.

Pete Carmicheal and David Shaw would also be interesting.

Here's hoping we have something to celebrate come Black Monday.
There are some very interesting names on there. Hopefully ownership does their due diligence
Rhule and Bieniemy would be my favorites from this list. If Caldwell somehow survives, Roman might be the frontrunner. He was strongly considered when Bradley was chosen, but he and Caldwell have a strong history.
I dont care who, I care what, and the "what" is a QB developing offensive minded talent.
Did anybody else barf a little when they read Raheem Morris in that list by the OP?
(12-27-2019, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Did anybody else barf a little when they read Raheem Morris in that list by the OP?

Yeah, we don't need Gus Bradley 2.0 around here.
(12-27-2019, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2019, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Did anybody else barf a little when they read Raheem Morris in that list by the OP?

[Image: raheemsmile-e1413292362119.jpg]
(12-27-2019, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

Me too.
Marrone isn't going anywhere.
Would wait out the play off's before making a hire.

My hope is that New England is one and done. Maybe Brady and Belichick are finished.

Would beg and plea like a dog to get Belichick down here with these draft picks at his disposal.

Wishful thinking at best, I know. If that can't happen I would aim for Stefanski, Kubiak or Bieniemy along with Paton or Borgonzi as Caldwell's replacement.

I don't care if this team lay's up a 50 burger on the clots this Sunday. Caldwell and Marrone NEED to [BLEEP] go. . .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Doug Marrone
(12-27-2019, 11:48 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Would wait out the play off's before making a hire.

My hope is that New England is one and done. Maybe Brady and Belichick are finished.

Would beg and plea like a dog to get Belichick down here with these draft picks at his disposal.

Wishful thinking at best, I know. If that can't happen I would aim for Stefanski, Kubiak or Bieniemy along with Paton or Borgonzi as Caldwell's replacement.

I don't care if this team lay's up a 50 burger on the clots this Sunday. Caldwell and Marrone NEED to [BLEEP] go. . .

I usually agree with all of your posts but a little confused on this one. Why on earth would Belichick come here? I see 0% chance of that happening.
(12-27-2019, 11:50 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Doug Marrone

[Image: 13103908_web1_Chargers-Jaguars-Football.jpg]
(12-27-2019, 11:56 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2019, 11:48 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Would wait out the play off's before making a hire.

I usually agree with all of your posts but a little confused on this one. Why on earth would Belichick come here? I see 0% chance of that happening.
Again. Wishful thinking at best. I know. With that said. There's something off right now in New England.

It's well known now that Belichick wanted Brady traded two years ago. He wanted Garropollo to be the starter. Kraft overstepped and told him no.

Now Brady is selling his home along with his personal trainer. I believe he's bought out his final year so he'll either move on or retire.

McDaniels pulling out last minute with the clots would leave me to believe he was told he would be given the keys to New England very soon.

Belichick could be done with the sour grapes Kraft has left him these past two years. Belichick likes controlling his team from top down. He could fix this [BLEEP] hole with the draft picks at his disposal.

Again. Wishful thinking. I know. . .

(12-27-2019, 12:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2019, 11:56 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]I usually agree with all of your posts but a little confused on this one. Why on earth would Belichick come here? I see 0% chance of that happening.
Again. Wishful thinking at best. I know. With that said. There's something off right now in New England.

It's well known now that Belichick wanted Brady traded two years ago. He wanted Garropollo to be the starter. Kraft overstepped and told him no.

Now Brady is selling his home along with his personal trainer. I believe he's bought out his final year so he'll either move on or retire.

McDaniels pulling out last minute with the clots would leave me to believe he was told he would be given the keys to New England very soon.

Belichick could be done with the sour grapes Kraft has left him these past two years. Belichick likes controlling his team from top down. He could fix this [BLEEP] hole with the draft picks at his disposal.

Yeah, I hear ya. I would love for that to happen but no way we can ever have something that nice, lol.
(12-27-2019, 02:08 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2019, 12:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Again. Wishful thinking at best. I know. With that said. There's something off right now in New England.

Yeah, I hear ya. I would love for that to happen but no way we can ever have something that nice, lol.
Dear GOD....can you imagine the world on fire if THAT happened though? Brady a FA, signs with San Fran.  McDaniels takes over NE, and Bill comes to Jax......holy crap.  If they team somehow managed to finagle a deal to get rid of Foles and sign Garoppolo? Oof....
(12-27-2019, 10:51 AM)ArtieZiff Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone isn't going anywhere.

If he stays, then I'm taking a year off of football. This is the most poorly coached team in the NFL. No discipline to speak of. It is a coaches job to correct excessive penalties. We were the 2nd most penalized team in the NFL last season and now we are the worst by quite a bit. That is completely on Marrone. He also picked the assistant coaches. Our Coordinators are miserable and our O-Line coach may be the worst in the NFL as well. That's on Marrone as well. If Khan can't see that Marrone and this coaching staff is a major problem, then the stadium will be near empty in 2020 and the local TV ratings for games will be way down as well. Marrone and his flunkie assistant coaches have to go, in order to save this franchise from going down the toilet. It won't matter who we draft, if we're gonna get the same old decision making, bad schemes and play calling.
I can't believe how many of you want to retain Doug Marrone.
(12-27-2019, 06:21 PM)High Octane Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe how many of you want to retain Doug Marrone.

Some people get so used to mediocrity as their ceiling, that they are afraid to experience anything different. It's almost like Stockholm Syndrome. I hope they snap out of it.
(12-27-2019, 06:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2019, 06:21 PM)High Octane Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe how many of you want to retain Doug Marrone.

Some people get so used to mediocrity as their ceiling, that they are afraid to experience anything different. It's almost like Stockholm Syndrome. I hope they snap out of it.

I like the way some people like to decide what others are thinking.
Pages: 1 2