Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Which team will we play in London next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Indianapolis Colts

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

Miami Dolphins
Shouldn't it be teams? Has it been confirmed that we're playing back to back games in London next season?
I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re playing 2 games in London next year. And they’re still gonna make the season ticket holders pay full 8-game price for them.
(12-28-2019, 12:57 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re playing 2 games in London next year. And they’re still gonna make the season ticket holders pay full 8-game price for them.

One will be an 'away' game.
Who cares. Time to stop this. All teams have their cross to bear. Local loyalty should be a big part of the teams decisions. Give them their own team.
All of them?
(12-28-2019, 08:21 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]All of them?

If they keep status quo then why not.
(12-28-2019, 12:33 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]Indianapolis Colts

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

Miami Dolphins

I am thinking steelers or bears for sure. Steelers seems like an obvious choice.
I kinda doubt Mr. Khan would let the Steelers game slip to London b/c it's going to be the highest revenue home game on the schedule. Barring a franchise epiphany, it will be the only sellout.

I am leaning toward the Bears as well.

On another note, I think the NFL is probably sorry that they are sending this sorry franchise to London every year although Wembley sells out or close to it anyway so what's the difference.
That would suck for Miami if it were that game. You have a game with little travel then BOOM!
(12-28-2019, 01:15 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 12:57 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re playing 2 games in London next year. And they’re still gonna make the season ticket holders pay full 8-game price for them.

One will be an 'away' game.

That’s what I’m hoping for...
(12-29-2019, 09:13 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda doubt Mr. Khan would let the Steelers game slip to London b/c it's going to be the highest revenue home game on the schedule. Barring a franchise epiphany, it will be the only sellout.

On another note, I think the NFL is probably sorry that they are sending this sorry franchise to London every year although Wembley sells out or close to it anyway so what's the difference.

Was going to say this but you beat me to it.  From a business perspective, if there is one team you don't want to fall off the home schedule, it is the steelers.

The only thing I'll add is I don't know how much say Shad has on the London schedule.  Honestly not sure the process.  Does he work with the NFL to come up with good matchups or does the NFL basically dictate who we will play and when.  Not sure how it works.
(12-29-2019, 09:28 AM)Travis Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 01:15 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]One will be an 'away' game.

That’s what I’m hoping for...

It's been talked about for a few years now.
(12-28-2019, 12:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't it be teams? Has it been confirmed that we're playing back to back games in London next season?

nope its been confirmed jags are moveing to london,and will play 8 games in london.  Wink Wink
I say Bears or Lions, but an outside chance of the Browns. Steelers buy too many tickets to let slip to London, Miami means plenty of in state fans making the trip, and I doubt they'll send another divisional game to London. That leaves those three, and Bears and Lions have bigger followings in Europe than the Browns.
I would actually like a 2nd game in London. I don't live in Jacksonville and will almost certainly never move back, so it's a much better vacation for me to go to London and combine some sight-seeing with the Jags game that way.
(12-29-2019, 09:31 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2019, 09:13 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda doubt Mr. Khan would let the Steelers game slip to London b/c it's going to be the highest revenue home game on the schedule. Barring a franchise epiphany, it will be the only sellout.

Was going to say this but you beat me to it.  From a business perspective, if there is one team you don't want to fall off the home schedule, it is the steelers.

The only thing I'll add is I don't know how much say Shad has on the London schedule.  Honestly not sure the process.  Does he work with the NFL to come up with good matchups or does the NFL basically dictate who we will play and when.  Not sure how it works.

He owns Wembley in London, he wants that place filled and Steelers will do it. They already said they make significantly more money off London games than jacksonville ones. Just imagine the prices he will get from a Steelers game. I do think the bears are another good option if you are more concerned aboutthe lack of sellouts at home.
(12-29-2019, 09:18 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2019, 09:31 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Was going to say this but you beat me to it.  From a business perspective, if there is one team you don't want to fall off the home schedule, it is the steelers.

He owns Wembley in London, he wants that place filled and Steelers will do it. They already said they make significantly more money off London games than jacksonville ones. Just imagine the prices he will get from a Steelers game. I do think the bears are another good option if you are more concerned aboutthe lack of sellouts at home.
He doesn't own it, they wouldn't sell to him.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
It's gotta be steelers
The Bears were the road game in London this season against the Raiders. For that reason, it's more likely than not they won't be asked to play an international game in 2020. If they play in London in 2020, it would likely be on a volunteer basis in order to lessen the odds of losing a home game, if the 16 game schedule remains in effect once the new CBA is signed.
Pages: 1 2