Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryquell Armstead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With LF out tomorrow, Armstead will get a good opportunity tomorrow in the last game of the season.  There are a number of backs I would like to have coming out in this years draft.  Armstead could quit the talk a bit if he has a big game tomorrow.  What kind of game do yall think he has?  Do you think he can break 100 yards?
I'm more excited to see if Ozigbo finally gets some opportunity.
15 carries for 70 yards
4 catches for 25
I'm still not sure I understand WHY he hasn't been used more often? If he's not that good, why even draft or keep him?

What is the point of just using Fournette all the time? We're lucky he's only missing tomorrow's game and not more of this season somehow
50 yards rushing and 3 catches for like 20-30 yards. I'm more interested if Foles can look servicable enough to become trade bait if Minshew's shoulder holds him out.
(12-28-2019, 03:03 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more excited to see if Ozigbo finally gets some opportunity.

This. Everyone raved about this kid when we picked him up and he’s got NO chance this year
(12-28-2019, 03:14 PM)Nikowho Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still not sure I understand WHY he hasn't been used more often? If he's not that good, why even draft or keep him?

What is the point of just using Fournette all the time? We're lucky he's only missing tomorrow's game and not more of this season somehow

Fournette is a good blocker, Armstead is not. Therefore, LF27 plays 3rd down, the spot where the #2 back usually gets his snaps.
Armstead is just a guy.

I don;t see him as either a replacement or complement to Fournette's game.

Youth or not, he's not shown anything for us to think the position is settled long-term.
Stat wise they were close, but for some reason I felt Ozigbo just looked better than Armstead yesterday.

That being said, Fournette would have had a hell of a day yesterday through the air.
I'm in the camp of I thought he looked good and would look even better once he developed synergy with whomever our QB is.

Our offense tends to operate better when LF is hurt or suspended. Nothing against LF.
Ozigbo had the juice.
(12-30-2019, 10:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the camp of I thought he looked good and would look even better once he developed synergy with whomever our QB is.

Our offense tends to operate better when LF is hurt or suspended. Nothing against LF.

LF needs a competent offensive line. We don't have one. That's pretty much the whole story. When he's gotten a good push from his OL, he does some damage.
As demonstrated yesterday, we have depth at RB. Hopefully we see more of it next season.
(12-30-2019, 10:46 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Ozigbo had the juice.

Pfft.  Whatever.  Nothing special at all.
(12-30-2019, 11:41 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2019, 10:46 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Ozigbo had the juice.

Pfft.  Whatever.  Nothing special at all.

He LOOKED better than Armstead. Not special, but a capable backup.
(12-30-2019, 11:08 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2019, 10:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the camp of I thought he looked good and would look even better once he developed synergy with whomever our QB is.

LF needs a competent offensive line. We don't have one. That's pretty much the whole story. When he's gotten a good push from his OL, he does some damage.

Agreed. LF is a wear you down in the 4th quarter type of back because our Oline mauled them the entire game. He is the wrong back for our build.
(12-30-2019, 11:46 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2019, 11:41 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]Pfft.  Whatever.  Nothing special at all.

He LOOKED better than Armstead. Not special, but a capable backup.

I can't say I saw that much differentiation between the two.  Armstead had the better numbers and they both had their share of good and bad runs.

He certainly didn't have whatever 'the juice' is supposed to be.

They're both nothing more than backups.
(12-30-2019, 11:52 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2019, 11:46 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]He LOOKED better than Armstead. Not special, but a capable backup.

I can't say I saw that much differentiation between the two.  Armstead had the better numbers and they both had their share of good and bad runs.

He certainly didn't have whatever 'the juice' is supposed to be.

They're both nothing more than backups.

I agree here.
(12-30-2019, 11:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2019, 11:08 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]LF needs a competent offensive line. We don't have one. That's pretty much the whole story. When he's gotten a good push from his OL, he does some damage.

Agreed. LF is a wear you down in the 4th quarter type of back because our Oline mauled them the entire game. He is the wrong back for our build.

That's because our GM sucks at building an offensive line. He gets a pass on Joeckel because 2013 sucked and everyone would have drafted him second, but paying Cann, bringing in Norwell and Robinson? That's on whoever did the signing/drafting.
They’re both backup jags. LF makes that TD catch that was a tick too high. NFL starter has to make that catch. It wasn’t wildly inaccurate.
Pages: 1 2