Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shad meets with Marrone tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am either going to be very excited or very depressed tomorrow.  Let's hope Doug gets his walking papers along with Dave.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...n-tuesday/
(12-30-2019, 10:58 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I am either going to be very excited or very depressed tomorrow.  Let's hope Doug gets his walking papers along with Dave.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...n-tuesday/

And Wash. For the love of God that man needs to be fired.
At least for the time being, no mention of Dave Caldwell in the article jumps out more than anything. On the surface, this seems like good news for Caldwell.
Rumor has it the meeting is taking place at the Oscar Meyer plant.

(12-30-2019, 11:13 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]At least for the time being, no mention of Dave Caldwell in the article jumps out more than anything.  On the surface,  this seems like good news for Caldwell.

Good news for Dave and his family and 31 other GMs. Bad news for Jaguar fans.
[Image: outta-here.gif]
(12-30-2019, 11:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor has it the meeting is taking place at the Oscar Meyer plant.

(12-30-2019, 11:13 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]At least for the time being, no mention of Dave Caldwell in the article jumps out more than anything.  On the surface,  this seems like good news for Caldwell.

If Dave Caldwell retains his job as Jaguars GM,  it probably will be because of the Gardner Minshaw II selection.
The only reason to delay making his fate known is that they're gauging interest behind the scenes from one or more potential replacements. Feels like Doug will wind up staying another year though. It also feels like we're not going to make a ton of noise next year and he'll likely get the boot then anyway if so.
(12-30-2019, 11:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor has it the meeting is taking place at the Oscar Meyer plant.

Bringing in the new year with fancy bologna finger sandwiches.
Is anyone puzzled why it doesn’t say

Kahn meeting with Marrone AND Caldwell?

Im confused if that means Caldwell is toast or he’s eating toast

His jacket on Sunday suggested he is fine
I don't really see how Khan can put it all on Coughlin. Dave made many 1st round mistakes before Tom even got here. I think it's time to move to defcon 1 and go full nuclear here.
(12-31-2019, 12:47 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see how Khan can put it all on Coughlin.  Dave made many 1st round mistakes before Tom even got here.  I think it's time to move to defcon 1 and go full nuclear here.

Hopefully Khan doesn't make the same mistake that Jerry Jones has done with his GM and HC by not firing them years ago.
(12-31-2019, 12:45 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone puzzled why it doesn’t say

Kahn meeting with Marrone AND Caldwell?

Im confused if that means Caldwell is toast or he’s eating toast

His jacket on Sunday suggested he is fine

Being that the GM search would logically needed to be concluded before the HC search,  the fact that Dave Caldwell is still the Jaguars GM works substantially in his favor that he will be retained for the 2020 season.  Time is of the essence when it comes to the searching processes for an NFL franchise.
I think Doug deserves another year. He’s not the problem. He is a good football coach.
(12-31-2019, 01:40 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I think Doug deserves another year. He’s not the problem. He is a good football coach.
You a titans fan?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
(12-31-2019, 01:40 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I think Doug deserves another year. He’s not the problem. He is a good football coach.
That hasn't done anything to replace Wash, improve the OL play (you know his position of knowledge and experience).

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
The OL was playing well before the run of injuries in 2018. Head coaches also don't micro manage oline training or they won't be doing their job properly.

It's pretty clear Coughlin had way too much say in coaching matters. Would love to know if the whole Foles debacle was forced on Marrone when Minshew was clearly the better guy.

Again Caldwell didn't start his career here great. It's hard to know since Coughlin arrived what was and wasnt Caldwell.

Shad on the other hand should fire himself for hiring Coughlin in any position that isn't the head coach.
(12-31-2019, 03:55 AM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]The OL was playing well before the run of injuries in 2018. Head coaches also don't micro manage oline training or they won't be doing their job properly.

It's pretty clear Coughlin had way too much say in coaching matters. Would love to know if the whole Foles debacle was forced on Marrone when Minshew was clearly the better guy.

Again Caldwell didn't start his career here great. It's hard to know since Coughlin arrived what was and wasnt Caldwell.

Shad on the other hand should fire himself for hiring Coughlin in any position that isn't the head coach.

It's hard for me to believe Coughlin would have been okay with the "kid gloves" training camp that occurred this past preseason just because of o-line injuries suffered in '18. Dude is a hard [BLEEP]. Our current o-line suffered mightily due to a sissy preseason training camp and some crap players. And some injuries. And dumb penalties. And #becausejaguars.

Actually the whole team suffered due to the scaled back training camp and I just do not see TC having made that decision so Doug is not innocent here.

If my spelling or anything is atrocious it's because I'm sitting outside in 50° weather watching a septic tank fill with water and my fingers are freezing. Yeah, weird.