Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: End of Season Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So with the 2019 season in the books, time to look back. Who you got?

Best O player-
Best D player-
Most improved O-
Most improved D-
Biggest Surprise-
Biggest Disappointment-
Best Game-
Worst Game-
Quote of the season-

Add any others I've missed. Go Jags!
Best O player- Gardner Minshew (could have gone DJ Chark here, but GM15's poise, anticipation and timing get him the nod here, LF doesn't even get an honorable mention. Any RB could have put up his numbers)

Best D player- Calais Campbell (honorable mention to Josh Allen - but the coaches put him in only 50% of the snaps.. dumbfounded by that)

Most improved O- DJ Chark

Most improved D- I don't think anyone improved.. they either stayed the same or regressed.

Biggest Surprise- Gardner Minshew

Biggest Disappointment- Myles Jack

Best Game- Meh

Worst Game- All of them.

Quote of the season- It's on me - Doug Marrone.
(01-02-2020, 01:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]So with the 2019 season in the books, time to look back. Who you got?

Best O player-
Best D player-
Most improved O-
Most improved D-
Biggest Surprise-
Biggest Disappointment-
Best Game-
Worst Game-
Quote of the season-

Best O player- Leonard Fournette
Best D player- (Tie) Calais Campbell, Josh Allen
Most improved D- Taven Bryan
Biggest Disappointment- (Tie) Myles Jack, Jalen Ramsey, Telvin Smith, Nick Foles
Best Game- last one against Indy
Worst Game- so many to choose from
Quote of the season- "It's on me, I have to do better, blah blah blah" Doug Marrone

(01-02-2020, 01:24 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Quote of the season- It's on me - Doug Marrone.

We must have been typing that at the same time.
Best O player- DJ Chark. Had such a solid year and made some great plays. Had a drop off with the Foles switch and injuries.

Best D player- Calais. Such a pro and surrounded by lesser talent. Always gives 110% and our biggest presence.

Most improved O- Fournette. Not much competition but he was a lot better. Still plenty to go.

Most improved D- Smoot. Made some big plays and is a big body for the run D. His best year so far.

Biggest Surprise- Minshew. I wanted McGough in preseason. What a star hes been. Something fun to rally behind. Future looks promising for him.

Biggest Disappointment- Ramsey. Had so much hope. Now gone. 

Best Game- @Denver. Minshew Magic was born and out of a dumpster fire 2 weeks we had some hope.

Worst Game- yeah, too many this year.

Quote of the season- maybe I should have said favorite, gotta be 'Jorts on Deck'.
Best O player- DJ Chark.
Best D player- Calais
Most improved D- Taven Bryan
Biggest Surprise- Conley
Biggest Disappointment- Myles Jack
Best Game- Win against Titans
Worst Game- London game vs Texans
Quote of the season- "a lot of people don’t understand football to be honest with you" Todd Wash
Best O player- Gardner Minshew
Best D player- The Mayor
Most improved D- Fred Smoot
Biggest Disappointment- Myles Jack, he just isn't an MLB
Best Game- Win against Titans because it is what really started Minshew Magic
Worst Game- London game vs Texans because it led to the benching of Gardner and set the whole team back.
Quote of the season- “It was an awesome expierence to be here, I saw more middle fingers today than I have my whole life… it was fun to ruin that for them” -Gardner Minshew
Best O player- Gardner Minshew: the poise he showed as a rookie was amazing.
Best D player- tie between Calais for keeping the defense together and Yan coming roaring back after a few quiet weeks to have 6 sacks, 3FF and a FR in the last 8 weeks
Most improved O- DJ Chark. I thought this guy was a busted pick but he showed OUT this year.
Most improved D- D. Smoot. Ditto. Limited snaps but he showed he belonged in the NFL. 6 sacks in about 30-40% of the snaps per week? Wow.
Biggest Surprise- Gardner Minshew. Who would of thought that a 6th rounder would electrify the city like this?
Biggest Disappointment- tie between Telvin hanging it up before the season and the Jalen Drama. Honorable Mention to the Nick Foles Disappointment
Best Game- Raiders. Sending the Raiders packing from Oakland with a LOSS and being a footnote to NFL history is cool.
Worst Game- Week 12 against the tacks. I hate the tacks.
Quote of the season- "Obviously, I think the biggest thing for me is helping my team win and I did that better than any rookie quarterback" Gardner Minshew
Best O player- Chark
Best D player- Campbell/Yan
Most improved O- Fournette
Most improved D- Bryan
Biggest Surprise- Minshew!
Biggest Disappointment- Telvin/Jalen
Best Game- Colts win
Worst Game- London loss. Benching Minshew ruined our season.
Quote of the season- “There’s a lot of bad mustaches out there…but hopefully we’ll get ’em right.” GM15
(01-02-2020, 01:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]So with the 2019 season in the books, time to look back. Who you got?

Best O player-going against the grain and saying Fournette. He was the only rushing offense we had, besides Minshew, and his ability to catch outlet passes could be seen as extensions of the run game.  There were some weeks that he was both most rushing and receiving yards in a game.
Best D player-Campbell over Allen, but I see Allen becoming the face of the D in a few years.
Most improved O-DJ Chark for sure
Most improved D-Cripes, uh, let's say Smoot. I expected him to fade into an un-offered offseason, but after this year he may stick around as depth.
Biggest Surprise-NFLPA basically telling free agents to steer clear of Duval. Literally the only time all year I exclaimed "Holy [expletive]!" in response to in-game plays or mid-week news.
Biggest Disappointment-Ramsey's backache drama. Regardless of how much of a douche Coughlin may have been, he handled it sooooooo poorly.
Best Game-TNF 9 sacks against the tacks
Worst Game-Foles return, maybe?
Quote of the season- "aw, crap" - Jags fans, after Foles gets piledriven by Jones, and again when Shad reveals that Doug and Dave are returning for 2020.

Best O player- Chark
Best D player-  Josh Allen
Most improved O- Fornette
Most improved D- Bryan
Biggest Surprise- Minshew
Biggest Disappointment- Foles
Best Game- week 17 Indy win
Worst Game- week 9 Houston loss
Quote of the season- I have to do a better job-Marrone

Best O player- Leonard Fournette
Best D player- Calais Campbell
Most improved D- Ronnie Harrison
Biggest Disappointment- Nick Foles
Best Game- TNF Win against the Titans (or shutting down Oakland Coliseum forever!)
Worst Game- Getting Trounced by the Colts in Indy ...
Quote of the season- Khan on Gardner Minshew's mustache: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think if you have a mustache, you are one step ahead of the average dude."

Best Rookie O - Minshew
Best Rookie D - Josh Allen
Comeback Player - AJ Bouye
Best ST's - Josh Lambo

Best O player-
Best D player-
Most improved O-
Most improved D-
Biggest Surprise-
Biggest Disappointment-
Best Game-
Worst Game-
Quote of the season-

Best O player- Chark
Best D player- Hayden
Most improved O- Fournette  (Chark hardly played in '18) 
Most improved D- Smoot
Biggest Surprise- Minshew 
Biggest Disappointment- Lee to IR yet again + TE injuries galore
Best Game- beating titans on TNF
Worst Game- week 9 tinhorns
Quote of the season-   "Minshew Magic"
Best O player- Minshew

Best D player- Allen

Most improved O- Chark

Most improved D- Smoot

Biggest Surprise- Chark

Biggest Disappointment- Jack

Best Game- Oakland

Worst Game- Loss to the tacks on the road

Quote of the season- "It's on me"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(01-02-2020, 03:22 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Best O player- Gardner Minshew
Best D player- The Mayor
Most improved D- Fred Smoot
Biggest Disappointment- Myles Jack, he just isn't an MLB
Best Game- Win against Titans because it is what really started Minshew Magic
Worst Game- London game vs Texans because it led to the benching of Gardner and set the whole team back.
Quote of the season- “It was an awesome expierence to be here, I saw more middle fingers today than I have my whole life… it was fun to ruin that for them” -Gardner Minshew

Fred Smoot fresh off that retirement?