Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags post sharpest drop in NFL attendance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This will feed the Major League conspiracy theorists. 

Fifteen NFL teams saw drops in attendance this season, with the Jaguars posting the steepest in the league, according to a report by Sports Business Daily.
Jacksonville’s home game attendance at TIAA Bank Field dropped 8.7% from 2018, according to the report. The Jaguars finished 6-10 and last place in the AFC South and suffered through a five-game losing streak — losses by 17 points or more — that was the worst in the NFL since the Buccaneers in 1986.

The Raiders (7.6%) and Bengals (7%) posted the next sharpest drops in home game attendance...
Not surprised don’t expect it much better next year
I don't understand. We have swimming pools and dog parks. ?

(01-03-2020, 09:11 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand. We have swimming pools and dog parks.  Huh
I mean... There's nothing surprising about it. One of the best seasons in franchise history followed by two absolute disasters... Of course attendance dropped massively.
Good that we're first in something
I’m sure that retaining Marrone and Caldwell will remedy this situation next season.
It's very simple. Win and fans will come. Lose (and lose some more) and they won't. There's no mystery.
(01-03-2020, 09:27 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]I mean... There's nothing surprising about it. One of the best seasons in franchise history followed by two absolute disasters... Of course attendance dropped massively.

Sorry not a good excuse.... Jacksonville fans and the City is notorious for this crap over the decades....you wonder why the rest league and fan bases don't take Jacksonville seriously... there's plenty of teams that stick by their teams and attend no matter what.... hence the browns you NEVER hear about the fan base not showing up...I could name more but you get the point....
(01-03-2020, 09:54 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2020, 09:27 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]I mean... There's nothing surprising about it. One of the best seasons in franchise history followed by two absolute disasters... Of course attendance dropped massively.

Sorry not a good excuse.... Jacksonville fans and the City is notorious for this crap over the decades....you wonder why the rest league and fan bases don't take Jacksonville seriously... there's plenty of teams that stick by their teams and attend no matter what.... hence the browns you NEVER hear about the fan base not showing up...I could name more but you get the point....

LOL

Talking out of you [BLEEP] as usual. 

Jags attendance percentage in their only recent winning season (2017)  was 95.6% capacity.
Browns that year?   87.3%  
In case you missed it, that's WORSE than the Jags 88.4 during their 2019 debacle. 

Get informed or be a better troll. Whatever.  Anything but this weak [BLEEP], please.
(01-03-2020, 10:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2020, 09:54 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry not a good excuse.... Jacksonville fans and the City is notorious for this crap over the decades....you wonder why the rest league and fan bases don't take Jacksonville seriously... there's plenty of teams that stick by their teams and attend no matter what.... hence the browns you NEVER hear about the fan base not showing up...I could name more but you get the point....

LOL

Jags attendance percentage in their only recent winning season (2017)  was 95.6% capacity.
In case you missed it, that's WORSE than the Jags 88.4 during their 2019 debacle. 

Get informed or be a better troll. Whatever.  Anything but this weak [BLEEP], please.

I'm talking about over their existence... And there you go again a "moderator"... cursing multiple times... And insulting.... How about this... be a better moderator... Quit cursing at people and insulting them for their opinions.... Oh I'm sorry are you going to write me up and put a warning on me because you disagree with me again??.. It's like dealing with a crooked cop... BTW I'm pretty sure I mentioned that there's more teams than just the browns....I mean don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't support our team when they're not doing good... fair weather fan.... Sorry I hit a sore spot
(01-03-2020, 10:21 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2020, 10:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

I'm talking about over their existence... And there you go again a "moderator"... cursing multiple times... And insulting.... How about this... be a better moderator... Quit cursing at people and insulting them for their opinions.... Oh I'm sorry are you going to write me up and put a warning on me because you disagree with me again??.. It's like dealing with a crooked cop... BTW I'm pretty sure I mentioned that there's more teams than just the browns....I mean don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't support our team when they're not doing good... fair weather fan.... Sorry I hit a sore spot

I see you're still having as much trouble figuring out the rules here as you are understanding NFL attendance. 

Shocker. 

I'm a season ticket holder, btw.   How many games at TIAA Bank Field did you attend this year?
(01-03-2020, 09:46 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]I’m sure that retaining Marrone and Caldwell will remedy this situation next season.

They will, just ask Khan... he is a genius btw.
(01-03-2020, 10:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2020, 10:21 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about over their existence... And there you go again a "moderator"... cursing multiple times... And insulting.... How about this... be a better moderator... Quit cursing at people and insulting them for their opinions.... Oh I'm sorry are you going to write me up and put a warning on me because you disagree with me again??.. It's like dealing with a crooked cop... BTW I'm pretty sure I mentioned that there's more teams than just the browns....I mean don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't support our team when they're not doing good... fair weather fan.... Sorry I hit a sore spot

I see you're still having as much trouble figuring out the rules here as you are understanding NFL attendance. 

Shocker. 

I'm a season ticket holder, btw.   How many games at TIAA Bank Field did you attend this year?
Oh I figured out the rules... moderators get to do what they want....and we don't... As a person who lives in Maine I attended two games in TIAA bank this year....I go to several games a year if not more...I have traveled as far as Dallas to support our team.... whenever they play in the north east I go....browns...pats... buffalo...Jets... Giants...or I travel further...And I spend way more in a season to watch and support the jags then a season ticket holder...
But hey!!  don't get all butt hurt I wasn't personally calling out YOUR attendence record...I was talking about fans that won't go and support a team because they happen to be bad....they should be happy they even have a team in their city....but watch what you say about out of state jag fans.. we are the ones that make a fanbase grow outside of Jacksonville... we do what we can to support the team....and you will NEVER understand the grief we get for supporting the jags outside of Jacksonville... I wear my Jacksonville gear everywhere no matter what...I will support them through thick and thin...if I lived in Jacksonville...I also would be a season ticket holder...
(01-03-2020, 11:18 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2020, 10:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I see you're still having as much trouble figuring out the rules here as you are understanding NFL attendance. 

Shocker. 

Oh I figured out the rules... moderators get to do what they want....and we don't... 

But hey!!  don't get all butt hurt I wasn't personally calling out YOUR attendence record...I was talking about fans that won't go and support a team because they happen to be bad

So clearly you still haven't figured out the rules. Cursing is allowed. Avoiding the filters is not. Of course this has been explained to you 12 times...

Also - you did in fact personally call me out in your prior post  - and I do understand supporting the team outside of Jacksonville since I did it for 14 years. 

For someone so "supportive" of the team you are taking a very negative stance on it's fanbase and their attendance. 
Seems incongruent.
(01-03-2020, 11:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2020, 11:18 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I figured out the rules... moderators get to do what they want....and we don't... 

But hey!!  don't get all butt hurt I wasn't personally calling out YOUR attendence record...I was talking about fans that won't go and support a team because they happen to be bad

So clearly you still haven't figured out the rules. Cursing is allowed. Avoiding the filters is not. Of course this has been explained to you 12 times...

Also - you did in fact personally call me out in your prior post  - and I do understand supporting the team outside of Jacksonville since I did it for 14 years. 

For someone so "supportive" of the team you are taking a very negative stance on it's fanbase and their attendance. 
Seems incongruent.

I guess I did call you a fair weather fan sorry about that... I can at least admit when I did something wrong.... Being supportive of a team is calling out fair-weather fans... And yeah I become pretty negative of a certain fan that won't go watch their team just because they don't play well... I would love to watch the jags every weekend in Jacksonville... Regardless of the record.... And it seems to me the fan base complains an awful lot about them leaving... Yet because they're not playing well they don't attend... it makes no sense to me.....

And I have no idea what you're talking about avoiding filters.... I never try to avoid a filter? How do you avoid a filter.... All I do is talk into my phone... If I curse my phone bleeps it out...like a *** thing.... But if we're allowed to curse then why is there a filter to begin with???? Seriously that does not make sense to me... It may have been explained to me 12 times but it doesn't make sense... I got written up because I somehow avoided a filter?? Please explain
NYC4jags is the last fan I would be calling out for being a fair-weather fan. If anything, he's usually the voice of reason in a lot of threads.

That said, I absolutely agree with one thing - this fanbase's tendency to threaten not to support the team if they don't get exactly what they want makes our fanbase the laughing stock of the league.

Browns fans don't do this.
Redskins fans don't do this.
Jets fans don't do this.
Even Bengals fans don't do this.

We are literally the only fanbase that pulls this crap on a massive scale and it needs to stop - or we will wake up one day without a team should Khan sell it to someone who has been itching to move this team out of here...... and make absolutely NO mistake - if that happens, I won't entirely blame the owner or the team - I will place most of the blame on this city and a majority of our fans for losing it.
(01-03-2020, 11:50 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2020, 11:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]So clearly you still haven't figured out the rules. Cursing is allowed. Avoiding the filters is not. Of course this has been explained to you 12 times...

Seems incongruent.

I guess I did call you a fair weather fan sorry about that... I can at least admit when I did something wrong.... Being supportive of a team is calling out fair-weather fans... And yeah I become pretty negative of a certain fan that won't go watch their team just because they don't play well... I would love to watch the jags every weekend in Jacksonville... Regardless of the record.... And it seems to me the fan base complains an awful lot about them leaving... Yet because they're not playing well they don't attend... it makes no sense to me.....

And I have no idea what you're talking about avoiding filters.... I never try to avoid a filter? How do you avoid a filter.... All I do is talk into my phone... If I curse my phone bleeps it out...like a *** thing.... But if we're allowed to curse then why is there a filter to begin with???? Seriously that does not make sense to me... It may have been explained to me 12 times but it doesn't make sense... I got written up because I somehow avoided a filter?? Please explain

I’ll send you a message explaining in detail.
(01-04-2020, 12:39 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]NYC4jags is the last fan I would be calling out for being a fair-weather fan. If anything, he's usually the voice of reason in a lot of threads.

That said, I absolutely agree with one thing - this fanbase's tendency to threaten not to support the team if they don't get exactly what they want makes our fanbase the laughing stock of the league.

Browns fans don't do this.
Redskins fans don't do this.
Jets fans don't do this.
Even Bengals fans don't do this.

We are literally the only fanbase that pulls this crap on a massive scale and it needs to stop - or we will wake up one day without a team should Khan sell it to someone who has been itching to move this team out of here...... and make absolutely NO mistake - if that happens, I won't entirely blame the owner or the team - I will place most of the blame on this city and a majority of our fans for losing it.

What? All the fans in the league do this. The Jags are no different other than the other teams having a longer history. It shows the Jags fans care more to be upset at the garbage Khan is spewing.

Losing has lasted too long and is acceptable to Khan. That can't be accepted by fans and fans not buying tickets is on Khan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's because all the Bortles-Only-Fans stopped their season tickets and coming to games. #BortlesFacts

On a more serious note, it is more than just the team doing well. It is also the draw of the opponents. Last year they had the Steelers and the Patriots, two fans bases that tend to travel well on the road.
[Image: 3l5dtn.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5