Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The reason khan won't get rid of Bradley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's simply really

When you're a man of khan's stature, it's hard to accept when you get conned

especially by a used car salesmen to the tune of this amount of money

Khan didn't get to where he is by not realizing when it was time to cut his losses and turn in a different direction.

Quote:Khan didn't get to where he is by not realizing when it was time to cut his losses and turn in a different direction.

so is he just taking his bitter time?
Quote:so is he just taking his bitter time?

This is what I"m hoping is going on... 

Shad sees that it's time to fire Gus.  But he'd prefer the London game to be as drama free as possible.  He doesn't want the publicity that is his "showcase game" to go to the fact that we suck so hard that he had to fire his Head Coach 3 weeks into the season.

So once the game is over and they are out of London, the guillotine will fall swiftly and painlessly upon the neck of the brainless Bradley.  

That can be the only logical reason for keeping him around this week. 
Quote:It's simply really

When you're a man of khan's stature, it's hard to accept when you get conned

especially by a used car salesmen to the tune of this amount of money

If you actually believe this....

...you are clueless as to what is going on with this team. 
Khan had no problem kicking Gene Smith to the curb even though he was still under contract. He knows Gus Bradley is a sunk cost for the season.

Sometimes I worry about the Jaguars message board
/thread

I think the only reason we could keep Bradley all season is as a selling point to a new HC. Like we gave this failure all these seasons to prove himself and showed patience until the bitter end so you're gonna get a real chance here.

lol...he's had his chance. 12-39

Quote:I think the only reason we could keep Bradley all season is as a selling point to a new HC. Like we gave this failure all these seasons to prove himself and showed patience until the bitter end so you're gonna get a real chance here.

So if we gave Bradley to the end of this season simply to show unwavering loyalty, what's to stop an influx of HC applicants who are looking for a 4 year vacation with no expectations or accountability? You really want to give the next HC the same easy ride that Bradley got?

No thanks. Changing the culture of accepting failure and poor performance here requires showcasing accountability over blind loyalty.
Quote:So if we gave Bradley to the end of this season simply to show unwavering loyalty, what's to stop an influx of HC applicants who are looking for a 4 year vacation with no expectations or accountability? You really want to give the next HC the same easy ride that Bradley got?

No thanks. Changing the culture of accepting failure and poor performance here requires showcasing accountability over blind loyalty.
On the flip of this, would you as a Head Coach candidate want to even interview with a team if you know there is zero loyalty or support for implementing YOUR culture? I would pass if I knew there was not only an uphill battle with the players, but an even bigger challenge with the leadership.
Quote:On the flip of this, would you as a Head Coach candidate want to even interview with a team if you know there is zero loyalty or support for implementing YOUR culture? I would pass if I knew there was not only an uphill battle with the players, but an even bigger challenge with the leadership.

You're right. We should just keep Gus through next year too, because we already extended him. If we fired him at the end of this year, it wouldn't be very loyal.
no, we've been Khan'd

Quote:On the flip of this, would you as a Head Coach candidate want to even interview with a team if you know there is zero loyalty or support for implementing YOUR culture? I would pass if I knew there was not only an uphill battle with the players, but an even bigger challenge with the leadership.

You have got to be joking... This team has shown a blind loyalty to so many before Bradley for far too long when it was painfully obvious it was time for changes... Del Rio, Gene Smith, some would say Shack Harris, and now Bradley... we have more loyalty than any team when it comes to accepting horrible horrible results
[Image: CBONoup.jpg]

Quote:You're right. We should just keep Gus through next year too, because we already extended him. If we fired him at the end of this year, it wouldn't be very loyal.
Yeah, my words exactly. What a tool. Did you even read the rest of the thread?
The logic really doesn't make sense to fire him today.  If we were going to can the guy after 3 games, especially considering his track record, why wouldn't we have just done it in the offseason?  It's also not like we have Belichick or someone good coming to relieve him  either.  It's Marrone, who isn't a good HC himself.

Quote:You have got to be joking... This team has shown a blind loyalty to so many before Bradley for far too long when it was painfully obvious it was time for changes... Del Rio, Gene Smith, some would say Shack Harris, and now Bradley... we have more loyalty than any team when it comes to accepting horrible horrible results
Jesus...Does anybody read a thread or just randomly reply to a remark? This is about why Kahn, as a business man, may not want to fire Bradley in the middle of a season. My response was called "playing devil's advocate" or "looking at the other side of the coin", not necessarily what I believe. Get a grip and try looking at other perspectives for the sake of conversation instead of being so one sided.
Quote:[Image: CBONoup.jpg]
You must be new here.
Pages: 1 2