Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Jaguars to interview Jay Gruden for OC vacancy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jaguars to interview Jay Gruden for OC vacancy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...oc-vacancy

Former Redskins coach Jay Gruden will interview for the Jaguars' offensive coordinator post, Mike Garafolo reports. Gruden will be the third former head coach to speak with Jacksonville in recent days.
About mid-February we'll be reading: "The Jaguars have interviewed Bill, a forklift driver who works for a local freight company, as a potential OC."
(01-19-2020, 12:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]About mid-February we'll be reading: "The Jaguars have interviewed Bill, a forklift driver who works for a local freight company, as a potential OC."

"After careful consideration, we have decided to hire Jimmy Carr as our offensive coordinator. After meeting with Doug, David and myself, we have all agreed that he has one of the greatest offensive minds of our time. His offense is balanced and effective, targeting everyone, and we think our fans will be highly entertained by it. Jimmy understands my expectation for excellence and accountability, and Doug, Dave and I all believe that his offensive mindset will rub off on the entire team."

-Shad Khan
I am kind of surprised we can get an interview of Jay Gruden and McAdoo considering Marrone is on the hot seat.
I'll take Gruden all day over McAdoo
(01-19-2020, 02:03 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I am kind of surprised we can get an interview of Jay Gruden and McAdoo considering Marrone is on the hot seat.

I'm not surprised. 

Marrone's hot seat can mean a potential HC job opening and a year to audition at OC for these guys. 
The draft capital is also attractive and any of these guys might see great potential in #15.
And then there's the old "there's only 32 OC jobs and most of them are taken" angle.
(01-19-2020, 02:03 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I am kind of surprised we can get an interview of Jay Gruden and McAdoo considering Marrone is on the hot seat.

Could Bubble: "If I take the Jags OC job I'll be the interim head coach by Thanksgiving." /Cloud Bubble
(01-19-2020, 02:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

Could Bubble: "If I take the Jags OC job I'll be the interim head coach by Thanksgiving." /Cloud Bubble

Nah, I'm sure they've sold Gruden by saying 'JagJohn has a great plan to invest massively in the offense this offseason, that's what we're gonna do'.

/endsarcasmfont
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/foot...n-offense/

Old article from when he left Cincy for DC. Interesting take on his offense from opposing coaches. Minshew in a quick strike, west coast, play action offense could be great.
Jay Gruden and acquire Andy Dalton and AJ Green. Now we ready to take care of business.
(01-19-2020, 03:11 PM)PS9 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/foot...n-offense/

Old article from when he left Cincy for DC. Interesting take on his offense from opposing coaches. Minshew in a quick strike, west coast, play action offense could be great.

That could be real fun to watch!  Three step drop would really help the O-line.  Quick hit.  Improved running game.  What's not to like?

Open the checkbook and don't let him leave the building without him signing on the dotted line.
(01-19-2020, 03:35 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Jay Gruden and acquire Andy Dalton and AJ Green. Now we ready to take care of business.

No, seriously.
Minshew is the opposite of a 3 step quick hit QB though...
Doug is going to hire the CEO of Oscar Mayer. He figures a man who makes Bologna like that knows what he is doing.
(01-19-2020, 12:57 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2020, 12:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]About mid-February we'll be reading: "The Jaguars have interviewed Bill, a forklift driver who works for a local freight company, as a potential OC."

"After careful consideration, we have decided to hire Jimmy Carr as our offensive coordinator. After meeting with Doug, David and myself, we have all agreed that he has one of the greatest offensive minds of our time. His offense is balanced and effective, targeting everyone, and we think our fans will be highly entertained by it. Jimmy understands my expectation for excellence and accountability, and Doug, Dave and I all believe that his offensive mindset will rub off on the entire team."

-Shad Khan

+1
What is this madness? A decision by the FO I could agree with?
(01-19-2020, 03:35 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Jay Gruden and acquire Andy Dalton and AJ Green. Now we ready to take care of business.

I'll take Minshew > Dalton.
(01-19-2020, 03:57 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Minshew is the opposite of a 3 step quick hit QB though...

He is mobile, throws with great accuracy and timing... I feel like he’s the perfect west coast QB.
(01-19-2020, 03:57 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Minshew is the opposite of a 3 step quick hit QB though...

Air raid and west coast are very similar, it was built from it. He led the PAC12 in the air raid.

Congratulations, you've just taken the two most promising positions on the team and handed them to a 31-year-old who missed all of this season and a ginger.
Pages: 1 2