Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ESPN Top Ten Rookies. The Disrespect is REAL!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So you have to love the draft position bias... Murray at 3 and Minshew in the "just missed" category. Hahaha. Minshew better in every single important category for a QB, more TDs with half as many picks, wayyy better win percentage, higher QBR, 7 rookie of thr week awards, Murray had 1, etc etc but somehow he just misses out.

Okkkk ESPN, makes sense - wink! 

EDIT, fixed the link. Posted wrong link before (facepalm):

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2852...s-top-spot
ESPN hates the Jags
Whoa ...that's pretty clear
Ironically, the link above is taking me to a story that cites Jawaan Taylor as the best rookie OL of 2019 and Minshew as the best rookie QB.

I'm assuming the OP has linked the wrong story?
ESPN + so I could only read the beginning but...

Top rookie: Gardner Minshew II, Jacksonville Jaguars
Grade: 70.3

It wasn't a banner year for rookie quarterbacks, but I'm sure the Jaguars aren't complaining about how their rookie sixth-round pick performed. The former Washington State signal-caller was a magician at times -- without a ton of help around him offensively. Still, he finished with more turnover-worthy plays than big-time throws, and he has a long way to go before he's "the guy" in Jacksonville.
(01-21-2020, 06:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Ironically, the link above is taking me to a story that cites Jawaan Taylor as the best rookie OL of 2019 and Minshew as the best rookie QB.

I'm assuming the OP has linked the wrong story?

Ahh crap, sorry guys! Iinked a story where Minshew was rated the highest by PFF, espn was just reporting on it. I've made the edit how with the proper link. 

Major DOINK on that one.
I like when he said Minshew "rebounded" from his benching as if his performance was the reason he was benched.
ESPN is a dumpster fire of a company
(01-21-2020, 07:16 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]ESPN + so  I could only read the beginning but...

Top rookie: Gardner Minshew II, Jacksonville Jaguars
Grade: 70.3

It wasn't a banner year for rookie quarterbacks, but I'm sure the Jaguars aren't complaining about how their rookie sixth-round pick performed. The former Washington State signal-caller was a magician at times -- without a ton of help around him offensively. Still, he finished with more turnover-worthy plays than big-time throws, and he has a long way to go before he's "the guy" in Jacksonville.

Lol

Big-time throws.

One of the worst Offensive Lines in football... no TEs.. still has the best TD:INT ratio of the rookies with the most wins.......... on an offense specifically built for Nick Foles and didn't even consider Minshew...?

I want to see what he can do with an offensive line that can hold a block for 2 seconds.
ESPN=garbage
Well espn also has an article that ranked the jags rookie class number 2 and called minshew the most valuable rookie, so we can’t say it’s all bad. Different writers have different opinions, which I guess we should expect.