Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Season Outlook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I first saw our schedule I wasn't expecting to win any of our 1st three games this year, but knew we would be competitive in the home games.

With that said here is my outlook for the rest of the season based on what I have seen.

From 0-3

Week 4 - Win (1st win of the year happens in London which is also our 1st division game)

Week 5- Bye

Week 6 - Win (1st road win against Bears coming off bye week)

Week 7 - Win (Yes I believe we will beat Raiders at home)

Week 8 - Win (start of a nice little win streak vs Titans, 2-0 in division)

Week 9 - Lose (We are stomped by KC on road)

Week 10 - Win (we get a nice win at home vs Texans, now 3-0 in division)

Week 11 - Lose (we lose shootout to Lions on road)

Week 12 - Win (good road win vs bills)

Week 13 - Lose (It's the broncos, but we play them in a tight game at home)

Week 14 - Win (we land a surprising win vs Vikings at home, Vikings overlook us)

Week 15 - Lose (Texans get revenge, 3-1 division)

Week 15 - Win (we complete season sweep of Titans, 4-1 division)

Week 17 - Lose (Colts keep us out of playoffs as we need this win to capture division title, but we are 4-2 in division games)

8-8 season
Week 4 - vs Colts in London - L (Gus Bradley will still be the coach)

Week 6 - @ Bears - W (I think we can handle the Bears)

Week 7 - vs Raiders - L

Week 8 - @ Titans - L

Week 9 - @ Chiefs - L

Week 10 - vs Texans - L

Week 11 - @ Lions - L (If it were at home, I'd consider it)

Week 12 - @ Bills - L (If at home, I'd consider it)

Week 13 - vs Broncos - L

Week 14 - vs Vikings - L

Week 15 - @ Texans - L

Week 16 - vs Titans - W

Week 17 - @ Colts - L

2-14 on the season, barring turnaround.  No way do we beat the Vikings.  

I'd say you're being generous with the W's.
Bartender...I'll have 2 of what he's having.

That's a bold strategy Cotton. Let's see how it plays out for him.

Quote:When I first saw our schedule I wasn't expecting to win any of our 1st three games this year, but knew we would be competitive in the home games.

With that said here is my outlook for the rest of the season based on what I have seen.

From 0-3

Week 4 - Win (1st win of the year happens in London which is also our 1st division game)

Week 5- Bye

Week 6 - Win (1st road win against Bears coming off bye week)

Week 7 - Win (Yes I believe we will beat Raiders at home)

Week 8 - Win (start of a nice little win streak vs Titans, 2-0 in division)

Week 9 - Lose (We are stomped by KC on road)

Week 10 - Win (we get a nice win at home vs Texans, now 3-0 in division)

Week 11 - Lose (we lose shootout to Lions on road)

Week 12 - Win (good road win vs bills)

Week 13 - Lose (It's the broncos, but we play them in a tight game at home)

Week 14 - Win (we land a surprising win vs Vikings at home, Vikings overlook us)

Week 15 - Lose (Texans get revenge, 3-1 division)

Week 15 - Win (we complete season sweep of Titans, 4-1 division)

Week 17 - Lose (Colts keep us out of playoffs as we need this win to capture division title, but we are 4-2 in division games)

8-8 season

I'd like to see something like this happen. I'm not expecting Playoffs, but I want to see their arrow pointed straight up when this season is all said and done.

That said, the only way I can really see any kind of winning streak happening is if they clean up the penalties. Simply put, get rid of just a few of those penalties and this past Sunday we would have witnessed a Jaguars win.

Quote:I'd say you're being generous with the W's.
I think people are overreacting to the L's we have.

San Diego, yea that was a bad one. But the other two teams have legit chances of competing for a Superbowl this season barring major injuries. The rest of our schedule is a lot easier than the 1st three games IMO...
I'll give it a shot...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Week 4 - vs Colts in London - W (Gus Bradley saves h his job)

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Week 6 - @ Bears - W (Is this the start of a streak?)

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Week 7 - vs Raiders - L (nope)
Week 8 - @ Titans - W (gotta get this win)
Week 9 - @ Chiefs - L

Week 10 - vs Texans - L

Week 11 - @ Lions - W
(things should be clicking by now)
Week 12 - @ Bills - W (another epic last second victory)

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Week 13 - vs Broncos - L

Week 14 - vs Vikings - L

Week 15 - @ Texans - L

Week 16 - vs Titans - W (
Can you say "sweep"?)
Week 17 - @ Colts - L

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

Ugh.. 6-8 including going 1-4 in the final five. Not good. They gut out some tough wins, but this team needs to take their game to another level.

That said, if they can just find a way to go 3-2 in that final five, that would leave them with a winning record down the stretch against some staunch Playoff contenders, and it would mean a non-losing record overall. This is what needs to happen for Gus to stick around next year, but look at that final five again... Broncos, Vikings, @Texans, Titans and @Colts. Maybe they can get that Colts game, but they have to also get a win during that week 13 to 15 stretch.

Quote:I think people are overreacting to the L's we have.

San Diego, yea that was a bad one. But the other two teams have legit chances of competing for a Superbowl this season barring major injuries. The rest of our schedule is a lot easier than the 1st three games IMO...
That Ravens team is bad dude. They've beaten the Browns (barely), the Bills (only scored 13 against them) and then the Jags (barely). They are not going to the Super Bowl.
Quote:Week 4 - vs Colts in London - L (Gus Bradley will still be the coach)

Week 6 - @ Bears - W (I think we can handle the Bears)

Week 7 - vs Raiders - L

Week 8 - @ Titans - L

Week 9 - @ Chiefs - L

Week 10 - vs Texans - L

Week 11 - @ Lions - L (If it were at home, I'd consider it)

Week 12 - @ Bills - L (If at home, I'd consider it)

Week 13 - vs Broncos - L

Week 14 - vs Vikings - L

Week 15 - @ Texans - L

Week 16 - vs Titans - W

Week 17 - @ Colts - L

2-14 on the season, barring turnaround.  No way do we beat the Vikings.  

Bend over here it comes again!

Sick of this losing.
i predicted 4-13 before the end of the season and I'm sticking with that. Number 3 overall pick again.

Quote:i predicted 4-13 before the end of the season and I'm sticking with that. Number 3 overall pick again.
 17 games?
We are a bad football team right now.  I look at that schedule and nothing pops out at me to say "oh, that's definitely a win right there."

I'm not saying we'll go 0-16, but it isn't looking too pretty.

Quote: 17 games?
lol 4-12
If you are looking at the rest of the schedule, don't bother.  This is really a game to game team where you completely ignore everything with the team.  You focus on the potential misery of next week only.  If you start bargaining for wins and expecting anything you will drive yourself mentally deficient.

Honestly I don't see anything being done that us fans like.  I think we are stuck with the up and down no matter what happens.  Why is anyone convinced that 0-4 means Brady is gone?  He got an extension to match the GM's contract.

From another thread, that counts the bye week as a loss if Gus hangs on.
Quote:From another thread, that counts the bye week as a loss if Gus hangs on.
Now it makes perfect sense!

Obviously we make the playoffs at 4-12.
Quote:Obviously we make the playoffs at 4-12.
Well it is a reasonable expectation!
Week 4 - Win We will beat the Colts in London. Our defense is coming together well. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 5- Bye

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 6 - Win If Jay Cutler is out we should win this game. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 7 - Lose No way we win this game. Del Rio comes back to Jacksonville to get a win in style. We get demolished.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 8 - Win We can beat the Titans right?

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 9 - Lose We won't be able to compete with KC at all. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 10 - Lose Texans have a easy road to the playoffs. We will get out coached. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 11 - Win I think we lose this game but its winnable. So hopefully they win. Probably will be a high scoring game.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 12 - Lose Bills will get their revenge on us. They demolished the Cardinals, they should have no problem doing it to the Jags. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 13 - Lose Broncos defense will shut down the offense all game. We possibly could be shut out this game. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 14 - Lose Vikings just beat Carolina. Intercepted Newton like 3 times. Another game where we could be shut out.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 15 - Lose We go into Houston wanting to win. We come close but not close enough. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 16 - Win We sweep the Titans. But by now everyone knows Gus will be fired regardless. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Week 17 - Lose Gus last game gets blown out by the Colts trying to make it to the playoffs. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">5-11. If this team continues to prepare and play the way they do then we will have another bad season and Gus will be fired on black monday after the season.