Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Max von Sydow, dead at 90
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Max von Sydow, star of 'The Exorcist,' 'Game of Thrones' and 'Star Wars,' dead at 90

Acclaimed actor from “The Exorcist” “Star Wars” and “Game of Thrones,” Max von Sydow, has died at age 90.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ma...rs-dead-90
Bummer for us, but a damn good run making it to 90. He was great as the 3-eyed Raven in GOT a few years back, and I'll remember his turn as the devil in "Needful Things" as his best performance.
(03-09-2020, 01:41 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Bummer for us, but a damn good run making it to 90.  He was great as the 3-eyed Raven in GOT a few years back, and I'll remember his turn as the devil in "Needful Things" as his best performance.

I liked him in an older movie (1975), Three Days of the Condor with Robert Redford.
(03-09-2020, 01:55 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2020, 01:41 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Bummer for us, but a damn good run making it to 90.  He was great as the 3-eyed Raven in GOT a few years back, and I'll remember his turn as the devil in "Needful Things" as his best performance.

I liked him in an older movie (1975), Three Days of the Condor with Robert Redford.

Good movie.
(03-09-2020, 03:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2020, 01:55 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I liked him in an older movie (1975), Three Days of the Condor with Robert Redford.

Good movie.

Damn, that was 45 years ago.  I saw it when I was...um...9....yeah...9.
He was not a "star" of Star Wars. He was in the terrible Episode 7 for about 2 minutes as a character that immediately died and no one knew who the hell he was supposed to be or why he mattered anyway.

Rant over.

RIP Hollywood Legend.
(03-10-2020, 08:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]He was not a "star" of Star Wars. He was in the terrible Episode 7 for about 2 minutes as a character that immediately died and no one knew who the hell he was supposed to be or why he mattered anyway.

Rant over.

RIP Hollywood Legend.

Agreed.  I was excited when the news came out he was going to be in Star Wars as I thought he'd make a great character.  In retrospect, his talents were wasted there which is probably just as well considering how terrible the new trilogy was.  Never even bothered to go see Rise of Skywalker which prior to Force Awakens I wouldn't have fathomed, but here we are.

I haven't seen all of Von Sydow's work, but I became a fan of his from his character Dr. Kynes in the theatrical version of "Dune".  Love that movie.