Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Just Ordered Jags Season 1999 (1998) on VHS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got the VCR hooked up and finally got it working. This should be fun.

Anyone else saw it yet? Btw I ordered it from Amazon for $36 and I got it in 3 days. It was brand new never been opened.

Freddy T is about to run all over everyone.
Pretty sweet.
For anybody that thinks Mark Brunell wasn’t an elite QB, then they just didn’t watch him play. His 20 TDs are shot down because he played with a Hall of Fame RB and a really stingy defense. In the 90’s we played with the lead a lot. There’s no doubt that if Mark played in today’s offenses, he would have 35 TDs a year with 4800 yards. He was such a duel threat. He threw one of the prettiest deep passes in the league and had touch when he needed to. He’s still the best QB in franchise history.

Tony Brackens was an absolute beast. He rocked Jerome Bettis a few times back when the Steelers were in our division.

Jimmy Smith should be inducted in the Hall of Fame without question. He also played along side a Hall of Fame RB in Taylor so his numbers compared to today’s guys should be considered. Smith had a 3 year stretch from 97 98 99 that is one of the best ever by a WR. Like 4400 yards or something like that.

Did you know Taylor wasn’t the full time starter until week 3 vs the Ravens? James Stewart had 2 back to back 100 yard games and kept his starting spot until he tore his knee up.

*Fred Taylor enters the chat* his first run was a 52 yard toss sweep for a TD, his first ever pro football Touchdown. Scored 17 TDs in his rookie year which is 3rd all time by a rookie.

Boselli was so dominate. So focused at all times. Man what could have been if he never got hurt. We’re talking the best offensive lineman ever....Ever! Not just Left Tackle, but offensive lineman of all time.

Man I really miss the teams from 1996-1999. Best teams ever, and it was when we were still brand new and the stadium was so packed.

It sounds crazy but Gardner Minshew has that type of vibe about him and he plays reckless and has a lot of fire that fans love.
(03-09-2020, 06:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]For anybody that thinks Mark Brunell wasn’t an elite QB, then they just didn’t watch him play. His 20 TDs are shot down because he played with a Hall of Fame RB and a really stingy defense. In the 90’s we played with the lead a lot. There’s no doubt that if Mark played in today’s offenses, he would have 35 TDs a year with 4800 yards. He was such a duel threat. He threw one of the prettiest deep passes in the league and had touch when he needed to. He’s still the best QB in franchise history.

Tony Brackens was an absolute beast. He rocked Jerome Bettis a few times back when the Steelers were in our division.

Jimmy Smith should be inducted in the Hall of Fame without question. He also played along side a Hall of Fame RB in Taylor so his numbers compared to today’s guys should be considered. Smith had a 3 year stretch from 97 98 99 that is one of the best ever by a WR. Like 4400 yards or something like that.

Did you know Taylor wasn’t the full time starter until week 3 vs the Ravens? James Stewart had 2 back to back 100 yard games and kept his starting spot until he tore his knee up.

*Fred Taylor enters the chat* his first run was a 52 yard toss sweep for a TD, his first ever pro football Touchdown. Scored 17 TDs in his rookie year which is 3rd all time by a rookie.

Boselli was so dominate. So focused at all times. Man what could have been if he never got hurt. We’re talking the best offensive lineman ever....Ever! Not just Left Tackle, but offensive lineman of all time.

Man I really miss the teams from 1996-1999. Best teams ever, and it was when we were still brand new and the stadium was so packed.

It sounds crazy but Gardner Minshew has that type of vibe about him and he plays reckless and has a lot of fire that fans love.

Did you know? Hell, some of us were there. It still rankles me that people were down on Stewart, some audible cheers when he got hurt even, when he was playing damn good football that season. I had seats in 220 those early years, right about where the pools are now. Great times in the North Endzone.
I have that VHS tape stuffed somewhere in a closet, lol. Who could forget that year? I was in the NEZ when Fred tore off that run, it was an amazing moment.
Nothing beats talent. That team had talent.
I just watched the 1999 season last night on YouTube. It was just as good. Mark Brunell threw such a pretty ball.

The 99 Jags should be considered one of the best football teams of all time.

Only the Patriots and the Jags have lost to only 1 team the entire season, including playoffs.
(03-10-2020, 09:22 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I just watched the 1999 season last night on YouTube. It was just as good. Mark Brunell threw such a pretty ball.

Only the Patriots and the Jags have lost to only 1 team the entire season, including playoffs.

But the Jags lost 3 times to the same team. 

And no, that team was NOT one of the best football teams of all time.  Not even in the top 50.
(03-11-2020, 10:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2020, 09:22 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I just watched the 1999 season last night on YouTube. It was just as good. Mark Brunell threw such a pretty ball.

But the Jags lost 3 times to the same team. 

And no, that team was NOT one of the best football teams of all time.  Not even in the top 50.

Record wise is what I really meant.

Do they have the VHS on YouTube or did you literally watch game by game?
(03-11-2020, 08:59 PM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]

Do they have the VHS on YouTube or did you literally watch game by game?

It was a highlight “yearbook” with Steve Sabol and that guy that we all love to listen to narrate. I watched the 1999 season, which was actually the 1998 season. 

I watched the years 2000 and 2001 on YouTube. Someone recently posted them. It’s awesome to watch bc they don’t make them like that anymore.
(03-10-2020, 08:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing beats talent.  That team had talent.

Except the Titans I guess
Greg Williams had our playbook so...
So this is an actual VHS?
(03-12-2020, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]So this is an actual VHS?

Yes
You can get it on amazon for $36
As someone posted in another thread.....

Frank Wycheck is still running open. Oh and Eddie Geroge is still running all over us. Man I loved that 1999 Season but hated being beaten that 3rd time sitting in the stadium.
Taylor missed like 6 or 7 games that year and they still had a high flying offense. Jimmy Smith was uncoverable even by the best DBs in the league.

Brunell doesn’t get enough love in the national media. Same with Taylor and Smith. All time greats.
(03-13-2020, 07:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Taylor missed like 6 or 7 games that year and they still had a high flying offense. Jimmy Smith was uncoverable even by the best DBs in the league.

Brunell doesn’t get enough love in the national media. Same with Taylor and Smith. All time greats.

If the Jaguars go to that Superbowl and take down the greatest show on turf.....

Kurt Warner is not in the hall of fame

Boselli is in the hall of fame and Fred is being talked up as the next one going in the hall of fame.
(03-14-2020, 08:16 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2020, 07:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Taylor missed like 6 or 7 games that year and they still had a high flying offense. Jimmy Smith was uncoverable even by the best DBs in the league.

If the Jaguars go to that Superbowl and take down the greatest show on turf.....

Boselli is in the hall of fame and Fred is being talked up as the next one going in the hall of fame.

More specifically, if the refs don’t blow the call up in Tennessee vs the Bills with the music city miracle. (It was a forward pass but Dyson framed it like a catcher in baseball)....

Then the Jaguars crush the Bills which would put us as favorites to beat the Rams.

Yes, Boselli is already in the hall of fame. Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor would both be on the ballot and probably get in like a Cris Carter after being on it for a few years.

McCardell is also included in the Pride of The Jaguars and Coughlin stays in Jax instead of NY.

Also Brunell probably stays in Jax another 3 to 4 seasons.
(03-17-2020, 04:11 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2020, 08:16 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]If the Jaguars go to that Superbowl and take down the greatest show on turf.....

Boselli is in the hall of fame and Fred is being talked up as the next one going in the hall of fame.Then the Jaguars crush the Bills which would put us as favorites to beat the Rams.

More specifically, if the refs don’t blow the call up in Tennessee vs the Bills with the music city miracle. (It was a forward pass but Dyson framed it like a catcher in baseball)....

Yes, Boselli is already in the hall of fame. Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor would both be on the ballot and probably get in like a Cris Carter after being on it for a few years.

McCardell is also included in the Pride of The Jaguars and Coughlin stays in Jax instead of NY.

Also Brunell probably stays in Jax another 3 to 4 seasons.

Rolleyes Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2