Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Police Find 18,000 Pounds of Toilet Paper in Stolen Tractor-Trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Police Find 18,000 Pounds of Toilet Paper in Stolen Tractor-Trailer

With hundreds of millions of people around the globe under lockdown because of the coronavirus crisis, some may feel the world is going down the toilet.

On Wednesday, deputies followed a tractor-trailer off the highway in Guilford County, N.C., due to a reported violation of the state’s motor vehicle law. Deputies initially spotted the vehicle driving on Interstate 40 in Whitsett.

https://ijr.com/police-uncovers-stolen-t...9885532970
I really don't get the TP thing.
(03-20-2020, 10:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't get the TP thing.

Heathen.
(03-20-2020, 10:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't get the TP thing.

Going natural?
I should have plenty but if I didn't I certainly wouldn't panic, I would step 3 feet to the shower and wash off. 

I'm 5x more preoccupied with people panic buying proteins than I am the TP.
There's plenty of TP at the Costco where I shop. A couple of days ago, I was in there and every shopping cart had one case of toilet paper in it. I think it's probably limited to one case per customer. But that amount of TP should last one person at least 6 months.
I wonder when the supply chain catches up, will people that are hoarding double down?
(03-21-2020, 03:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder when the supply chain catches up, will people that are hoarding double down?

People will start running out of room to keep it, eventually. There's going to be a huge dip in demand after this is all over while people use their hoarded supplies.
(03-21-2020, 03:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2020, 03:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder when the supply chain catches up, will people that are hoarding double down?

People will start running out of room to keep it, eventually. There's going to be a huge dip in demand after this is all over while people use their hoarded supplies.

Better hope they don't get mice!
(03-21-2020, 03:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Nah!  I just built two storage sheds along with the one I already had.  Unloaded all that split wood I worked on and had a massive bon fire.   Not sure if if wanting to open a TP store now or not.  

C’mon down to “Jags” TP Emporium.  We’ve got 2 ply, 4 ply, ultra soft, double/triple rolls, 240 grit and more!
(03-21-2020, 04:42 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I should have plenty but if I didn't I certainly wouldn't panic, I would step 3 feet to the shower and wash off. 

Yep. It's hard to find any meat here in my town other than shrimp. I'll eat shrimp all day long but it gets expensive. I've been fixing quinoa in different dishes since its good in protein and fiber. Today was White Chicken Chili with Quinoa in the crockpot. Perfect meal for the chill temperatures we dropped into.
(03-23-2020, 12:24 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2020, 04:42 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I should have plenty but if I didn't I certainly wouldn't panic, I would step 3 feet to the shower and wash off. 

Yep. It's hard to find any meat here in my town other than shrimp. I'll eat shrimp all day long but it gets expensive. I've been fixing quinoa in different dishes since its good in protein and fiber. Today was White Chicken Chili with Quinoa in the crockpot. Perfect meal for the chill temperatures we dropped into.
Granted it’s been a week since I was at the store, but all I could find at that time was a ton of steak.  I’ve got a few freezers and enough charcoal to burn 20 cows.  It was picked over but I got a bunch of ribeyes and filet mignon.  I consider myself lucky to be able to buy them all.  But not gonna lie, we’ll be eating good for a while.  It’s stuff I’d normally get, just not quite in that quantity or so often.    So I will use this experience as a “oh well” gotta eat like a king deal.  Like in times of a hurricane.  Make a party out of what you can.
(03-23-2020, 12:24 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. It's hard to find any meat here in my town other than shrimp. 

We're going back to a barter system economy.  Steak for toilet paper!